Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 18:08   #16
BHPian

I mailed the lodge authorities. It costs Rs 2500 per day for a room ( 2 persons ). Food costs in the region of Rs 200-300 per plate.
Old 8th January 2009, 18:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

The Resort works on the the basisi on cancellations i.e. they are still not open for public & always have people who are related to development projects in Lavasa staying.
So if there is any cancellation for period which you want to stay at the resort they will give you the booking.
Old 8th January 2009, 18:33   #18
BHPian

But what if I just want to visit for a day picnic like and not wish to stay at resort! Is that possible?

Do i've to inform them in adv? Any charges for just a normal visit?
Old 8th January 2009, 18:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yes you can go there just like that, Like I said they only allow 100 cars per day as of Today. You can tell them that you are there for sales inquiry No charges
Old 8th January 2009, 19:00   #20
BHPian

Thanks much
Old 27th January 2009, 15:18   #21
BHPian

I know this is OT, but how is this place for investment purpose. I think HCC is a good constructions company and coming up with this development project for the first time. Do you think its got enough moolah to pull this thing off. How has the project been selling so far?
Old 10th June 2009, 16:44   #22
BHPian

@Technocrat - thanks for sharing all the pics.

I was contemplating spending a night at Lavasa, but it seems like there isnt anything to do. Entertainment only includes some water sports, and 1 restaurant.

Is my assumption correct? Is there any market-buzz, tourists etc?

Thanks
Old 10th June 2009, 16:48   #23
BHPian

Wow. Awesome place. Nice pictures and I will add this place to my list.
Old 10th June 2009, 16:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Yes Amit, your understanding is correct, apart from the nice view from hotel/restaurant & water sports there isn't much as of now to enjoy there.
Old 5th August 2009, 18:28   #25
BHPian

hi guyys i am writting after years , just went through some threads of lavasa so i am curious to go and did booking in Fortune for month end in august. guys can u help me with few query
1 Is there and charges to enter inside , as i have valid booking with me
2 which is the shortest route to reach lavasa is there any way from hinjewadi or any other shortest route,
3 which are nice place to eat inside as i am veg any suggestion
please help me with this 3 query
Old 5th August 2009, 18:43   #26
BHPian

Pabheda,

I am a newbie, so even before my reply gets posted, you may have another one.

here is what i know:

1. There are no charges to enter inside, and nowadays entry is easy - earlier you had to take appointment.
2. Not sure if any other route exists. The Lavasa website suggests the route through Chandni Chowk - Pirangut. Thats a really nice road. You can take my word, you'll enjoy every mile. Been there last weekend only.
3. As far as I know, Ekaant is the only place with a Restaurant there. I may be wrong, but you need to make a booking with them in advance. I doubt if its a Pure Veg place. Fortune must be having good eateries itself.

- When I was there on Sunday, I could see a signboard from a distance which read "Diner". not sure if thats a Restaurant. Its near the lake side apartments near townhall area.

-enjoy.
Old 7th August 2009, 11:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

I was there on a weekday couple of weeks ago. The place resembles a ghost town. Only construction workers who leave by 6pm. After that its an ideal location for shooting a horror movie.
Regarding investments at Lavasa. Currently they seem sold out and will be launching the next phase shortly. Few villas upward of 85lakhs are available. The next phase is supposed to have more studios, 1 & 2 BHKs etc including High end residences/villas.
Its a wonderful concept and looks very European. If you invest now, it looks like a very long shot to me 5-10yrs atleast for your investment to mature.

Other than that, right now, its a totally boring place - unless you like ghost towns.
Old 7th August 2009, 12:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
hi guyys i am writting after years , just went through some threads of lavasa so i am curious to go and did booking in Fortune for month end in august. guys can u help me with few query
1 Is there and charges to enter inside , as i have valid booking with me
No charges. I went there a month back and we could easily go inside till the Fortune hotel. We had food at Ekaant Hotel which IMHO is at a better location than Fortune (overlooking the valley and backwaters). The buffet was costing 400 Rs (service tax extra)

Quote:
2 which is the shortest route to reach lavasa is there any way from hinjewadi or any other shortest route,
Yes, you can go via Hinjewadi but better option is to go via Chandni Chowk. The road is very good.

Quote:
3 which are nice place to eat inside as i am veg any suggestion
please help me with this 3 query
Read response to pt 1. I dont have any idea about Fortune though.
Old 8th August 2009, 14:29   #29
BHPian

thanks friends for your useful input and i will be going through chandni chowk way as suggested by you 2 friends ,
i know lavasa would be a haunted place so i am staying there just for a night and then i will be heading to mahableshwar for 3 days
Old 8th August 2009, 14:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

The diner at the lakefront has an extensive menu that includes vegetarian items as well. Ekaant has just the buffet. Lol@haunted, personally I love being alone in the hills in the rains, so the place suits me just fine. I get my full quota of people in Pune.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks