Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 20:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thank you JK & Akshay. I had last visited the rock garden in 1998. It didn't look or appear stale in 2008...

JK, you surely would've spotted the similarity between the mid-riff and the bulge in the background...:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thats a lot of pix. Your portrait with pots is nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Nice pics sir

after looking at the pics i remember last time i went to rock garden was 12+ years back

Last edited by gd1418 : 13th January 2009 at 20:36.
Old 13th January 2009, 20:40   #17
BHPian

Nice pics sir. I quite like Chd and always on the lookout for opportunities to visit the city.
Old 14th January 2009, 01:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

GD bhai, nice travelogue! Lucky that at least one of us could attend Pankaj's marriage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Guruji! Having such a LARGE potbelly at your age is risky. Ek taang kabar mein hai, aur itna motapa! Ghor Kalyug!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
That large potbelly is the camera angle. Ek taang to samajh mein aayi; doosri kahan hai? Sumo wrestlers ka pet dekha hai? Panja ladaoge?
APMSL!! Sumit, that was too good!!
Old 14th January 2009, 01:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
That large potbelly is the camera angle. Ek taang to samajh mein aayi; doosri kahan hai? Sumo wrestlers ka pet dekha hai? Panja ladaoge?
Guruji, apni nahin toh kam se kam apne betey ki izzat ka to khayal rakha hota! Woh ab apne doston ko kya mooh dikhayega! Bolega, papa ko laakh baar bola hai ki pleez, aap apni toond ka kuch karo! Sunte hi nahin! Raam Raam, toond toh hai hi, upar se internet pe bhi daal diya, phamous hone ke liye? Upar se Sumo wrestlers ke saath compare karte hai! Kahin aisa na ho ki Sumo ke nange logon ki tarah kache mein photu kichwa kar net par daal de!
Old 14th January 2009, 02:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guruji, apni nahin toh kam se kam apne betey ki izzat ka to khayal rakha hota! Woh ab apne doston ko kya mooh dikhayega! Bolega, papa ko laakh baar bola hai ki pleez, aap apni toond ka kuch karo! Sunte hi nahin! Raam Raam, toond toh hai hi, upar se internet pe bhi daal diya, phamous hone ke liye? Upar se Sumo wrestlers ke saath compare karte hai! Kahin aisa na ho ki Sumo ke nange logon ki tarah kache mein photu kichwa kar net par daal de!
ROFLMAO!!

Sumit, you do know that you're almost certainly dead, don't you??
Old 14th January 2009, 11:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There was "chela" with his better-half by his side on the dias and had a funny ear-to-ear grin plastered across his face. Seemed very happy and on top of the world. I glanced at my wife of 23 years and shook my head sadly sideways. Wanted to tell him - Son, you dunno what you are getting into and there nothing to be elated about. Didn't have the heart to say this.
Just remembered a famous saying "Shaadi aisa laddo hai, jo khayee woh pachtae aur jo na khaye woh bhi pachtaye" So, "why not khaya jaaye and then pachtaya jai "

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Beautiful pics and log GD saab. BTW I am in chandigarh today. Drove in on sunday, took just 3.5 hrs from Gurgaon to Chandigarh. reached at 11:00, checked into taj. and had nothing to do. So went for long drive, kept driving towards Solan and reached Kandaghat-Chail stetch.

BTW Chandigarh is losing it concept of all cirlcs and not traffic lights very fast. Every time I come here, I see more circles gettting traffic light, and no more free flow traffic.

Sector 35's market is my favorite
You know i always use to love chandigarh as a "non-traffic light" city and for traffic mannerism followed in city but lately it is also getting converted lake any other city

Quote:
LOLLZZZZ (It's bad that we have just two smiles restirction)
Old 14th January 2009, 11:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Sumit, I nearly died laughing reading this post. Must make my son read this. But BTW, you are history dear, history....

Quote:
Old 14th January 2009, 12:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Sumit, I nearly died laughing reading this post. Must make my son read this. But BTW, you are history dear, history....
Chalo, atleast I made your day in this time of recession! Gave you a reason to laugh. Jaana toh sab ko hai. Aaj aap jaao, kal meri baari! Waise bhi, kabar mein pair toh aapke hai!
Old 14th January 2009, 20:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

sir, nothing much to share, most of the time it was, hotel-client_office-hotel.
Came back today. Started 4:15Am and reached Gurgaon sharp 8:00AM. Luckily no fog at all

SX4 gave a very pathetic 13km/Ltr, may be because many times I pushed it to 150 while going and 120 while coming back. Impossible to drive at 80-90 on this stretch.

Panchkula-Pinjore stretch is in very bad shape, beings getting renovated. Roads in Mohali are also getting some rework and in bad shape. Chandigarh roads are beautiful as usual.

Here are some of the pics from Kandaghat-Chail road
Gurgaon - Chandigarh - Gurgaon-p1110489.jpg

Gurgaon - Chandigarh - Gurgaon-p1110486.jpg

Gurgaon - Chandigarh - Gurgaon-p1110493.jpg

Gurgaon - Chandigarh - Gurgaon-p1110494.jpg

Quote:
Thank you Rajiv. Do we get to see a travelogue of your adventures with photographs?

Maybe Chandigarh is also plagued by the same problem world over - increasing human and traffic populace..
Old 14th January 2009, 20:08   #25

Hi Rajiv

Hello Rajiv,

Nice to catch you on team-bhp as well... hehe..

Yes - the chandigarh highway is excellent now. I did 90-100 during night on that stretch this Sunday (12th Jan). Good that you took SX4 out of Delhi finally... Nice pics - specially the one of SX4...

Let's meet sometime - its been a long time...

Take care
Aman
Old 15th January 2009, 08:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Oh ho, Saini saab, very good to see you here. welcome sir welcome.

Very true, finally some long drives on SX4, that too company paid .

Sure sir, lets meet up, I have togo to CHD next monday, will be back thursday, anytime after that

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsaini View Post
Hello Rajiv,

Nice to catch you on team-bhp as well... hehe..

Yes - the chandigarh highway is excellent now. I did 90-100 during night on that stretch this Sunday (12th Jan). Good that you took SX4 out of Delhi finally... Nice pics - specially the one of SX4...

Let's meet sometime - its been a long time...

Take care
Aman
Old 19th January 2009, 14:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

came to Chandigarh today morning. Started from Gurgaon at 4:30AM. Thick fog.

I assumed that will dissolve near delhi and NH1 and it did, just to reappear near panipat. Driving was very difficult but fun as I followed the simple rules of driving in fog:

1. Reduce speed drastically.
2. Follow some other car with enough distance.
3. No overtaking from left in thick fog. you might rear-end something stationary.
4. Dip to low beam, keep emergency light on, fog lights on.

Also finally I found a sure shot solution for condensation problem on the inner side of the windshield, after lots of permutations.

Note : Specific to SX4 - ZXi, climate control
its like, set temperature around 25-30 deg, Set Fan speed to Minimum, Set to fresh air mode, and air direction to Auto. No condensation on either side on the glasses/windshields, with all windows rolled up, and inside cabin comfortably warm.

Also I saw some very funny/crazy/egomaniacs driver today. One qualis and one i10, both were overtaking other cars, during fog, just to reach ahead of all. and once ahead they realize the mistake they did of being first in the chain. So reduced there speed from 80 to 40. People drive like crazy in fog. One Endevour was driven with siren and light, like F1, in thick fog, as if fog listens to the siren and will move aside.

Took 5 Hrs 20 mins from gurgaon sector 4 to Chandigarh sector 43

Last edited by rkbharat : 19th January 2009 at 14:34.
Old 19th January 2009, 15:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Good going Rajiv, the fog was a nightmare in Gurgaon this morning. In contrast, post Dhaula Kuan, Delhi was absolutely clear!!!
Quote:
4. Dip to low beam, keep emergency light on, fog lights on.
I presume you are referring to the Hazard warning lights (Flasher) - if so, even though a lot of people follow this practice, it is not recommended. The harazd warning lights are normally supposed to be on only when the vehicle is stationary or moving at very slow speed & keeping them on sometimes leads to a lot of confusion.

It is always better to keep the rear fogs on. Just my own opinion.
Old 19th January 2009, 15:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I presume you are referring to the Hazard warning lights (Flasher) - if so, even though a lot of people follow this practice, it is not recommended.

It is always better to keep the rear fogs on. Just my own opinion.
Hi Suman, I might be wrong, but I just follow it as precautionary step, to ensure some nut driver do not collide with my car from rear. may be he/she will take it as stationary car.

BTW, are rear fogs OEM in cars. I never checked it in SX4. How do you switch them ON. may be stupid questions
Old 19th January 2009, 15:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, are rear fogs OEM in cars. I never checked it in SX4. How do you switch them ON. may be stupid questions
They are standard in both my cars (Fiesta & Safari) & are activated by dedicated switches. Check your Manual, it should tell you where the switch is (if you have them, that is). From what my colleague (he has a ZXI) tells me, the SX4 has fog lamp switches to the right of the steering somewhere with the fog lamp logo. But he hasn't used them either so he's not 100% sure

Last edited by suman : 19th January 2009 at 15:46.

Most Viewed