Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2009, 12:42   #46
BHPian

Great pics, Saurabh M, especially for those who have not been there, and cannot be there too, hehe. Atleast i do not fall in the category of examining pictures to the extent of identifying the modes used, and hence can only make one comment that they were all too good, and glancing at them for some time gave an almost-there kind of feel.
Waiting for you next pictorial thread
Old 13th February 2009, 23:38   #47
BHPian

Saurabh was going through the travelogue threads, and discovered yours. Frankly speaking, I first traverse through the traveloges of south India, than other parts of India, lastly outside of India, in the order of accessibility of these places to me.

The pictures are really nice, liked the compositions. S-curve of the road, solitary bench beside the lake.

Liked the way the girl in Red in the black & white photo (Schidler's list effect ). BTW how that is done, I have not touched photoshop yet, for that matter, yet to get a DSLR.
Old 13th February 2009, 23:53   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
Liked the way the girl in Red in the black & white photo (Schidler's list effect ). BTW how that is done, I have not touched photoshop yet, for that matter, yet to get a DSLR.
Thanks Arindam for your comments. I do not have photoshop either. It is done using Picassa (poor man's photoshop)

I agree with your sequence of place visits. I, myself, am a strong believer that one should explore India first, before venturing out to see the world. I believe that it is not possible to see India and feel its immense diversity, in a lifetime. But, since my work takes me places around the world, I never miss an opportunity to explore the surroundings.
Old 14th February 2009, 00:52   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
Thanks Arindam for your comments. I do not have photoshop either. It is done using Picassa (poor man's photoshop)

I agree with your sequence of place visits. I, myself, am a strong believer that one should explore India first, before venturing out to see the world. I believe that it is not possible to see India and feel its immense diversity, in a lifetime. But, since my work takes me places around the world, I never miss an opportunity to explore the surroundings.
Hmm, I have used picassa, mostly to correct the horizon and in some cases red eye.

Even I was coming from the same angle, being stationed in Bangalore that's my preference. But do not miss the opportunity when work takes me other part of the worlds too - though they are few and far between.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks