Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2009, 16:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

Once we were out from palace, we moved towards the KRS road for Balamuri falls. On the way, we saw the Karanji lake. So decided to include in the itenery. We went in and had nice time in boating. They also have a nice butterfly sanctuary inside, but they said its not the season and nothing much now in there. Since we need to walk for 1.5Kms for that we decided against trying anything.

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6855.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6856.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6858.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6861.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6864.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6868.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6870.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6874.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6881.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6882.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6889.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6891.jpg

After all this, it was 1:30pm and every one was hungry. So, we decided to have lunch before reaching Balmuri. When we hit the road ring road, we found many Dhabas. But my friend don't want to get into those since he felt that they may mix same utensils for both Veg & Non-Veg

So, we kept searching on the way and atlast we got one called Ragavendra in KRS road. This is right in the junction where you can take right to go to Srirengapatna / Ranthita bird sanctuary. Left takes you to KRS.

The hotel was small, but had really good lunch. We packed some parotha from him. Man, it was soft when we opened it around 6pm again. Also, since it was lying on the parcel tray, the Mysore hot has helped us in keeping it warm too.

After lunch, we reached Balmuri around 4:30pm. They closed the path to Yedamuri. So, i had no option than to take this balmuri. After great difficulty I got a parking slot. Parked it, and went to the falls. Oh no, there was not much water. But in a way it was also nice. People were allowed to dip themselves anywhere they liked. We selected a nice pot and started our "dips".

Water is so powerful that it turns any elder back to their childhood. I see every one playing around right from 2 yrs kid to 50-60yrs elderly persons. After lots of fun, we came out and had those bhelpuri, pineapple and other snacks. With filled stomach and heart we headed to KRS Dam.

Little we know at that time, that we cant reach there.

Contd ...
Old 30th January 2009, 21:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Before moving to KRS Dam, lets have a look at the Balmuri pics

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_0727.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_0728.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_0729.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_0733.jpg

Once we are done, we started to head KRS dam. We took the right from Balmuri falls road, again right near the Madikeri road. Since the road was so bad, we went very slowly and carefully to make sure we dont end up scrapping everywhere. We crossed the KRS police station and viewed the dam from the road. Just a little after this, everything started. There was huge traffic jam and we got stuck in that. All vehicles was moving in one direction towards dam and no vehicle was coming from other side.

Then, we saw 1 or 2 police literally hitting some tempo drivers for coming like that. While this was happening, I see a stupid Tata Indica guy over takes my vehicle and later realizes that he cannot continue further due to oncoming traffic, cuts to his left. And hits my rear view mirror.

Luckily the impact was not much. We went scrolling in that road for almost more than 30min but went no where. One travel guy who came from Dam said that there is no place in parking and this traffic is on hold till the parking. So, we decided to return to Palace atleast. With great struggle took a U-Turn in there.

While coming, I see a green force tempo trying to overtake me from left. Since it was compelte mess and roads are also bad, he was not able to go. He started shouting at me saying I was not allowing him to go. I lower the window to see whats he telling and found that he is fully drunk. So, just stopped my vehicle and first thing I did was to allow that guy to go front.

But his speed was so bad that he ended up every now & then parallel to my vehicle and keeps shouting something.

The same traffic problem was till the junction where we take a right to Madiker and left to Mysore. Almost near the Balmuri falls. After that, it was better and around 7:20pm we reach Palace.

Wow, this is the first time I get a chance to see the Palace fully illuminated. No words to describe.

I tried my best to cover with my IXY. But I know it does not do any justice to the actual beauty seen in naked eyes.

Some of them for your eyes.

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6900.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6902.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6903.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6907.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6908.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6911.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6915.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6920.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6926.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6927.jpg

More to continue...
Old 30th January 2009, 21:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

MJ: The mysore palace and chamundi hills temle pics have come out very well. It sure is a treat to our eyes when we see it live. How about B/garden?
Old 30th January 2009, 21:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

The crowd was not much. So, we were able to move around freely. Every second you can see 100s of flash going on here and there at that night.

Some more pics coming up...

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6930.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6931.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6935.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6936.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6941.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6945.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6948.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6950.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6955.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6958.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6960.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6963.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6965.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6968.jpg

At sharp 8pm, the light was switched off.

Then we started to search for hotel. We heard from people that Hotel Siddarth is very good and pure veg too. So, we tried to get there. When I was crossing the canara bank junction from Palace, we saw Om Shanthi Multi cusine. But we never knew that it was the same Hotel Siddarth. We went to the next turn and found Ramanashree. Since we had no parking asked the same guy about the other hotel.

He mentioned that its on the other side of the building. So, again we did one more round and reached the same place. This time we found that the Hotel Siddarth was done using neon lamps, but was switched off.

Later we saw that all english words including the Canara bank in next building was all blacked out by some anti-social elements.

The hotel and food was really good. But the service was very poor. Had a very good dinner and ended the day back in my uncle house.

Next day we woke up little late around 8am. My friends family was also late in getting ready and we left Mysore by 12pm.

Before that, we had a brief discussion with my uncle about his experience in Air force. He was mentioning about one flight that was used in 1971 war called Ajeet. With some permission, we had a picture of this.

Initially I thought that it was just a prototype or model, but later came to know that it was the SAME flight used in war.

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6973.jpg

Then, on the way, we went to Srirangapatnam temple. We did shopping and this is the result!!!

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6974.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_6975.jpg

Then the lunch was again in Kamat at 3:30pm. Yes, we knew about the solar eclipse but still we had no option.

Then we ended up entering Bangalore around 5pm near outer ring road. I took this first time from Mysore road and ended with many struggle since almost every alternate road was dug in this.

Finally I reached Bannerghatta road and then it was smooth drive with little less traffic.

We reached home @6pm sharp. After having coffee and small refresh, started to new airport.

When I was waiting in the Nagavara signal, something real sad happened.

I am waiting for the signal. There was 2 trucks in both side of my car. There was no space between my car and the trucks. When the signal turned amber, all of a sudden one smart idiot in 2 wheeler zoomed across my left, hitting the front bumper in full speed.

I have no clue how the hell he came there. Luckily I was stationed, and the truck was also not moving. The guy turned back, saw my vehicle and within few seconds, fled the area.

I stop my car to see what happened and this is what I see

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_07581.jpg

LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja-img_07591.jpg

Since I had no option, just drove the vehicle to Airport, dropped my friend and returned back to home.

All the fun and memories we had in our heart was totally spoiled with this incident at the end.

Took the car to Sundaram Motors for the 10K service yesturday and showed this. He said, we need to change the whole bumper since the latches are broken.

But finally he tried it with some screws and fixed it. Although not perfect, better than this. Will post the pics in the ownership thread soon.

That's all folks.

Signing off now,
Old 30th January 2009, 22:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

That's a good time and holiday you had. But sad that it enedd in this way. That 1971 plane still looks good. Will it be able to fly? Hope they have not removed all the parts of that plane? Did Sundaram charge you for this makeover. Hope it holds for a long time.
Old 31st January 2009, 06:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
MJ: The mysore palace and chamundi hills temle pics have come out very well. It sure is a treat to our eyes when we see it live. How about B/garden?
I think you mistook the temple Gopuram in Palace as Chamundi hills. I did not visit there. Also, Brindavan garden. Due to bad traffic, I returned without visiting the garden.

Quote:
That's a good time and holiday you had. But sad that it enedd in this way. That 1971 plane still looks good. Will it be able to fly? Hope they have not removed all the parts of that plane? Did Sundaram charge you for this makeover. Hope it holds for a long time.
No, Sundaram did not charge anything for that. Yes, I too hope it last long
Old 31st January 2009, 07:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful illuminated pics of the Palace mahesh.
But sorry for the bumper part, that moron must be thrashed.

Abhi
Old 31st January 2009, 12:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I think you mistook the temple Gopuram in Palace as Chamundi hills. I did not visit there. Also, Brindavan garden. Due to bad traffic, I returned without visiting the garden.
Oh my. It looks similar to Chamundi hills temple.

Quote:
No, Sundaram did not charge anything for that. Yes, I too hope it last long
Good to hear this. Your car is also under warranty, right?
Old 31st January 2009, 18:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Good to hear this. Your car is also under warranty, right?
Yes its just 8 months old now.
Old 1st February 2009, 11:29   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hey Magesh looks like you had a nice trip around Mysore. If you are interested in history google up about the talakkad and somanathpur temples.

There are quite a few places around mysore which still lies untouched my commercialization. Next trip try and visit Gosai Ghat and its surrounding places near Srirangapattana.If you dint know the mysore palace has an armuory which isn't open to the public for visits.

Sad to know what happened to your car. Can be fixed, chillax now and btw this
Quote:
LakaLakaLaka - Alamelamma to Chandramuki, Mysore Maharaja to Vetaiyapura Vetaiyaraja
is the funniest thing I have read offlate. LOLzz..
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Hey Magesh looks like you had a nice trip around Mysore. If you are interested in history google up about the talakkad and somanathpur temples.

There are quite a few places around mysore which still lies untouched my commercialization. Next trip try and visit Gosai Ghat and its surrounding places near Srirangapattana.If you dint know the mysore palace has an armuory which isn't open to the public for visits.
I love such places. A simple google has given me some info, including your response on the very same t-bhp forum But still, expect a PM from me.

About the Mysore palace, yes I have only heard of that Armoury.
Old 2nd February 2009, 23:57   #42
BANNED

Mahesh Anna, good that you're putting your purchase to (good) use .
Nice travelogue.
Old 3rd February 2009, 07:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Mahesh Anna, good that you're putting your purchase to (good) use .
Nice travelogue.
Annachi, Virundhum Marundhum evalo nalaiku than irukum [Vera vasam irundhuchu, but that will tell when we meet, hahaha]

Ha, forgot about our friends!!!

Feast & medicines should not be continous. It should have an end.

Tried my best, hope guys get it
Old 3rd February 2009, 12:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue mjothi and loads of info also. Will surely help others who wants to visit these places..
And BTW, KRS is really north worth visiting, because it's swarmed with people, dusty entrance, horrible roads, you'll see similar or better gardens almost anywhere and all-in-on doesn't worth the pain you take to drive down to that stupid place. Much better option is to watch the lighting of the JaganMohan palace.
Old 3rd February 2009, 13:43   #45
BHPian

Great!

Quote:
From here we join to the road that goes to Malavalli. Once you cross the bridge, you need to take the left to go to Talakad.

We reached Talakad just after noon, and took a guide. He was briefing the story and name reason for these Talakad.

When we parked the car, we were in normal terrain, and just few yards from there, we see huge sand hills with long trees. At first site it is really surprising to see such sands on those place....
Great! Thanks for the pix and info on the route / road conditions to Talakad. Interesting place, looks like I need to head towards Tkad soon.

Sorry about your car :-(

Last edited by hotstuff : 3rd February 2009 at 13:50. Reason: Shpelling korrection.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks