Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 15:20   #1
BHPian

Weekend trip to Hyderabad

Got three days of leave due to republic day weekend and hence decided to visit somewhere. The first thing that came to my mind was to visit Hyderabad and finalized on it. It's been 2 and half years since we left this wonderful city and shifted to Bangalore therefore excitement of visiting was always there. Plan was to start early morning of Jan 24(Saturday) and again start for Bangalore on Jan 26 (Monday).

Route taken:
Bangalore - Chikballapur - Anantpur - Gooty - Kurnool - Hyderabad (NH7)

Vehicle:- Santro Xing

Passenger:- Me, Wife and my 2 year old daughter.

Kms. done (door to door):- Around 1300.

Fuel consumption:- 75 Litres.

Fuel Efficiency:- 17.3 (70% of the time ac on).

Day1:-

Started from HSR Layout at 6:00 am as planned.
Weekend trip to Hyderabad-24012009197.jpg

The reason for little late departure was not to avoid the incomming volvos from Hyderabad to Bangalore after Devanhalli since the road is without the dividers after that.

Weekend trip to Hyderabad-24012009199.jpg
Around Bangalore International Airport

After Devanhalli there are lot of diversions. Four lane construction of NH-7 is underway and only one side of the road is operational.
Weekend trip to Hyderabad-24012009200.jpg

Weekend trip to Hyderabad-24012009207.jpg

However the quality of the road laid is new and in good condition. Therefore one can easily speed up if traffic is less. I was able to do around 110 easily but had to often slow down because of diversion. On one downslide I touched 150 for the first time in my Santro.

Weekend trip to Hyderabad-24012009209.jpg
Somewhere around Penukonda

Weekend trip to Hyderabad-24012009223.jpg
Railway Crossing

Reached Gooty at 10:15 am and took an hour break at Bharat peroleum Dhaba.

Weekend trip to Hyderabad-24012009239.jpg

Weekend trip to Hyderabad-24012009236_resized.jpg

Started again at 11:20 am towards Kurnool.

Weekend trip to Hyderabad-24012009242.jpg
Just after Gooty town.

Weekend trip to Hyderabad-24012009246.jpg

Weekend trip to Hyderabad-24012009252.jpg
Crossing the rivers

Reached at the outskirts of Hyderabad around 4:30 pm, but there was an accident and the road was jam. Due to this reached Paradise circle in Hyderabad at 6:30 pm. At 7:30 went to eat street. Spent there an hour remembering old days. Hyderabad has changed a lot in terms of traffic density within 2 years.
Weekend trip to Hyderabad-24012009254.jpg

Had biryani at bawarchi and retired for the day.

Day2:-
Spent the time with old friends and just roam around the city visiting our usual favourite spots.

Day 3:-
It was republic day and the traffic was less. Started at 7:30 am from Paradise circle and stopped at Reliance A1 plaza at the outskirts of Hyderabad.
Weekend trip to Hyderabad-26012009290.jpg

Had breakfast there and started again at 9:00 am. Since there were very few vehicles on the road I could manage a good speed.
Weekend trip to Hyderabad-26012009311.jpg

Halted again at BP Dhaba in Gooty for the lunch at 1:15 pm. Started again at 2:15 pm and reached home at 6:30 pm.

Some radom pics of return journey:

Weekend trip to Hyderabad-26012009295.jpg

Weekend trip to Hyderabad-26012009300.jpg

Weekend trip to Hyderabad-26012009305.jpg

Weekend trip to Hyderabad-26012009314.jpg

Weekend trip to Hyderabad-26012009333.jpg

This was my first time on this highway and I can say that I'm highly impressed with the work going on. I don't know since when it has started but it looks as if it is about to complete. I could see that work in most of the strech was over. Once it is four laned, travelling between this strech will be joy and then one can eaily start in the afternoon from Bangalore and reach Hyderabad in the night.
Sorry for the quality of the photographs as I forgot my digicam and all the pictures were shot from my N85.
javed406 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2009, 17:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

short n sweet. you might be highly impressed with work. I should say it is pathetic. night driving is unthinkable. once i saw a inidicab broken down ramming straight into a boulder on the middle of the road. I lost a tyre pumping into a huge dip on a relatively good patch of road. surprise!
It seemed like the road will be over before the next trip to blore. but it was never ok before my next trip. Apart from the gooty ghar no other good places to take a break and you might have noticed this. If the roads are done, there is nothing like it. weekend drive should be a breeze.
How was bawarchi biriyani? heard that they are not having the old charm?
Old 6th February 2009, 17:43   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

That was a nice quick trip to Hyderabad and pretty good report and pictures too.

Hope you liked the Biryani at Bawarchi. I had it there last night and found it really good.
Old 6th February 2009, 17:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

well managed trip and that too a good speed on Zing.Nice mileage too.
Old 6th February 2009, 18:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictorial javed, Indeed it is high time that the 4 laning of Blr - Hyd part is fully complete.

Abhi
Old 6th February 2009, 20:53   #6
BHPian

Biriyani

Reminds of my trip with 2 friends some 10 years back, we went for 3 days and all the 6 meals were biriyanis.
Tasted (or tested ) Paradise, Bawarchi, Madina (next to Charminar), Parwaz (near Nampalli station). slurp!
Old 9th February 2009, 09:31   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
short n sweet. you might be highly impressed with work. I should say it is pathetic. .......How was bawarchi biriyani? heard that they are not having the old charm?
Thanks. I was driving on this highway for the first time so I'm not really aware with the progress. But, it really looks that it is about to complete. Maybe next time I'll have a different opinion. I was having the Bawarchi biryani after a long time and for me the taste was great. But definitely the quality has come down.

mobike008, I'm always a fan of Bawarchi Biryani. It was very good. Had both mutton and chicken biryani.

Thanks hillram. For the first 250 kms till Gooty I got 20 Kmpl. Till that time the ac was off.

Thanks abhi. Your travellogues are always an insipration.

Arindam, you should plan again for a biryani trip. When I was in Hyd, we use to have haleem and biryani atleast twice a week.
Old 9th February 2009, 12:19   #8
BHPian

biryani is a good topic,

well bavarchi, paradise, madina (old city) and midnight biryanis ,
cafe bahar, hydarabadi house

plenty of places its all different flavours the imp as we say its only better when its steamy hot.

dont miss the madina next time though.
Old 14th February 2009, 18:29   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by javed406 View Post
Arindam, you should plan again for a biryani trip. When I was in Hyd, we use to have haleem and biryani atleast twice a week.
Hmm, age setting in. But on a second thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt View Post
biryani is a good topic.
+ 1 to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt View Post
dont miss the madina next time though.
+1 to this too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks