Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 15:18   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

That's some beautiful pictures that you posted here. One of the rarest for sure on TBHP. Do most as many pictures as you can!
Old 25th February 2009, 23:04   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
Junaid Bhai, how are the Moghul gardens maintained these days? I have heard that they are not well kept, as they used to be earlier. I may be completely wrong though. I have fantastic memories from 1982, of these very well maintained gardens.
Well Saurabh, there was a time in the ninties when they were in shambles but things are better now. People have out grown the idea and Business is back!
Old 26th February 2009, 06:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

Loved the pics, the one with doggie looking out of the kennel has come out really well. Color of the Indica jells well with the surroundings.

These pictures bring in a different perspective altogether, that it is not only the greeneries and beaches that are out there to enjoy.

Any snaps of Leh?
Old 26th February 2009, 11:19   #49
BHPian

Lovely snaps. Truly, the place is beautiful.

Would love to visit Kashmir one day. BTW, is traveling to Sri Nagar / Gulmarg / Pahalgaon safe?
Old 26th February 2009, 12:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Would love to visit Kashmir one day. BTW, is traveling to Sri Nagar / Gulmarg / Pahalgaon safe?
That's difficult to say, so soon after a very very bad year like 2008!
And this is an election year. Again, that does not augur too well!
Old 28th February 2009, 12:55   #51
BHPian

Virgin beauty in J&K

Thank you Junaid for refreshing my memories of the beautiful valley. I spent about two years in Srinagar and Jammu and can't forget the beauty it had on offer.

There are, however, other places that people do not visit often - due to accessibility, security and logistic concerns.

One such place that I visited on a biking trip was called Bhaderwah, actually the place is called Jaai Ghaati, some 35 kms ahead of Bhaderwah. The main town of Bhaderwah itself is beautiful with quaint dwelling surrounded by green mountains and placind water bodies.

But Jaai Ghaati was a different experience altogether. It is a valley nestled high above in the mountains and offers stunning beauty. It is what you would imagine when someone mentions 'beautiful mountains.' The place is a valley surrounded by tall mountains with the slopes lined with pine trees. There is a small stream running right in the middle of the valley with turqoise blue water and the place is so quiet that the loudest noise you hear is of the gushing river stream.

The place was misty and the water in the stream was ice-cold. That did not stop us from dipping our feet into it. We talked and could hear our echo, as if our voices were talking back to us asking us to shut up and marvel the silence.

I was there in July first week two years back and I was shivering in the cold at 2 in the afternoon. And we chanced upon the place without any intention of going there. We just rode on, on a long, winding road just to see where it leads. Some 25 kms later, it was mid day and out cell phones stopped getting signals. We got a wee bit nervous and started asking around for food and some tea. Another problem was that there were no people around and the villagers we met looked at us as if thinking "what a crazy bunch of riders roaming here in the middle of nowhere".

The search for the tea shop landed us at Jaai ghaati (and we did not find any shops there). But we spent some really good moments there (just about an hour), I snapped about 25 pictures from my manual SLR and we decided to return before dark. I can't scan those snaps or I could have exhibited one of the most beautiful places on earth.

It is a place to be and admire God's creation, especially without us humans defiling it. Next time I post, I will talk about another place called Bani, again in J&K.

Ciao
Old 28th February 2009, 18:20   #52
BHPian

@Travelwriter- Wow dude. Just reading your post and thinking about the mountains and the valley gave me goosebumps. It is when you visit places like these that you realise why are we still in conflict with Pakistan over Kashmir. I mean anybody would love to have this 'Jannat' on their map.
Old 28th February 2009, 19:22   #53
BHPian

Great pictures. No doubt its a boiling point between two nations.

Will post my collection of kashmir pics soon, of June last year.
Old 1st March 2009, 17:47   #54
Senior - BHPian

Hey Junaid Bhai, where are you?
Long time no see!

Waiting for more pics here. And to think YOU were worrying that people might miss the thread/pics!!
Old 2nd March 2009, 23:40   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Hey Junaid Bhai, where are you?
Long time no see!

Waiting for more pics here. And to think YOU were worrying that people might miss the thread/pics!!

Hi Anup,

Sorry was hell busy in office!

Weekend went taking care of Indica etc some minor issues which are bothering me!

tomorrow is the date with kashmir till then take care

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks