Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:26   #1
BHPian

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!

This trip was done in Jan 3 week and my first long trip with my parents and other relatives, in total we were 15 members including the Aunts,uncles,cousins,parents.

We went by train till Tirupati, next day hired a tempo traveller for Alivelu mangapuram,Srinivasa mangapuram,Kanipakam,Vellore Golden temple, Laxmi temple.

Part1 : Train journey and Tirupati through photos.

The Greenery
Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image003.jpg
Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image004.jpg
The tracks
Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image006.jpg

Policeman in action

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image009.jpg

It's the same train from which the photo was taken
Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image014.jpg
Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image018.jpg

View of the 7Hills

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image025.jpg

For the ones who go to tirumala this is the starting point

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image031.jpg
Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image030.jpg
Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image029.jpg

Offtrack: Best Photo of the trip
Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image164.jpg
For the native speaker and reader of telugu it should flash in a minute what the painter wanted to convey and what he is conveying.

For non-telugu folks
The highlighted sentence means "Divine Vehicles" instead of 2 wheelers there is thin difference for both the words in telugu.
In telugu 2 wheeler is written as "Dwi chakra vahanamu" painter wrote " Divya chakra vahanamulu" hope you guys understood difference between the "Dwi" and "Divya"

More funny signs to be continued..
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

so,romeo was on pilgrimage in search of ........

i was also in tirupati on 21 and 22 jan.

i hope, the train in pic is royalsima express.

i hope,pic no5, turning train pic is taken immediately after leaving renigunta station.

pics of tirupati and tirumala are always refreshing.
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
i hope,pic no5, turning train pic is taken immediately after leaving renigunta station.

You have to be a Indian Railways fan to talk about Renigunta after identifying RU in the picture
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:34   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Romyeo, that's a nice trip. I was there in Nov'08 and looking at you starting this thread, I will soon commence a picturelogue soon on Tirupathi.

Hope you had a good darshan. Btw, seems like you went by walk to Tirumala? Me too
Old 3rd March 2009, 00:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Romyeo, another nice pictorial travelogue from you.

Cheers
Old 4th March 2009, 06:02   #6
BHPian

Quote:
so,romeo was on pilgrimage in search of ........
i was also in tirupati on 21 and 22 jan.
i hope, the train in pic is royalsima express.
I was in Tirupati from Jan 16 -20,we went by Narayanadri express,you are right buddy,it's Renigunta Junction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Romyeo, that's a nice trip. I was there in Nov'08 and looking at you starting this thread, I will soon commence a picturelogue soon on Tirupathi.

Hope you had a good darshan. Btw, seems like you went by walk to Tirumala? Me too
I had darshan twice, one the 50/- one and next day VVIP darshan, lucky enough to see Lord Venkateshwara from hardly a meter.
Old 4th March 2009, 06:37   #7
BHPian

Though I'm an agnostic, somehow felt that I should do the walking and reach Tirumala than go by Car, believe me it ain't easy you get tired, don't drink water, don't take cool drinks, all the fancy items, the best remedy I found was GoliSoda with pinch of salt and Lemon and Glucon D. It took 4 hours to reach the Tirumala which includes 20min long refreshment break.

Our darshan was scheduled for late night, I went to the room and crashed into the bed while every went for the Tirumala tour. got up in the evening and we all went for Lords darshan.

Couple of Photos:
Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image043.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image044.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image040.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image042.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image046.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image049.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image052.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image053.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image057.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image060.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image062.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image065.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image066.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image069.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image073.jpg

Graffiti at it's best!

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image076.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image080.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image083.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image094.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image092.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image096.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image099.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image100.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image101.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image102.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image132.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image327.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image329.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image335.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image330.jpg
Old 4th March 2009, 07:00   #8
BHPian

Next day our trip was to Kanipaka,Alivelu Mangapuram,Srinivasa Mangapuram,Vellore golden temple.

Enroute to Kanipakam

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image115.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image117.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image119.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image120.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image125.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image126.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image129.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image130.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image134.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image136.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image140.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image141.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image143.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image145.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image146.jpg

Golden Temple - No cameras allowed inside
Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image147.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image148.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image149.jpg

Dhanush's latest movie

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image155.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image156.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image179.jpg

Ghat road in the night and a competition between buses
Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image183.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image184.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image185.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image190.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image196.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image198.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image199.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image200.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image204.jpg
Old 4th March 2009, 10:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

nice pics.
i had never visited kanipakam.
where is it and what is there to see?
Old 4th March 2009, 10:11   #10
BHPian

Kanipakam , Chandragiri...

@Romyeo4u, Nice travelogue! Keep going...

Quote:
nice pics.
Kanipakam is a a small town near Tirupati around 11 kms from Chittoor, it is famous for a 'swayambhu' [Self-manifested] idol of Ganesha.

Kanipakam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Will put up some pics + travelogue from a Tirumala, Kanipakam, Chandragiri trip we did last year...

Last edited by hotstuff : 4th March 2009 at 10:13.
Old 4th March 2009, 10:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
nice pics.
Kanipakkam is near Chittor its got a lovely Ganesha temple where the Idol is supposed to be "Suyambu" which means the idol is not man made. It would take about 2 hours to reach here from Tirupathi
Old 4th March 2009, 10:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

@hotstuff and shrikanth,
thanks for info.
i will surely visit this place at next round.
Old 20th March 2009, 14:06   #13
BHPian

Tirupati from Tirumala
Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image001.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image002.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image003.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image006.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image007.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image034.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image035.jpg

Romyeo goes to Tirupati, Kanipakam, Vellore, but not in pursuit of Juliet!-image033.jpg
Old 20th March 2009, 14:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey Romeo..these TPT pics are so good that i feel i hav made this trip and come back..very realistic to the eye frame by frame....it gave me a quick recap of all the places from my last year trip.
But Tirupati for me a huge flood of people,lot of unhygenity,uncontrolled and unrestricted law of forces.
I went last year to get my little son's head tonsured and what a nightmare it was to sit in the barber site,with hair strewn everywhere and unhygenity unlimited.
Some action should be taken here.
Old 20th March 2009, 15:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

@ Romeo: Man you do have a flair for the camera. Awesome pictures and as the saying goes" Picture speaks a thousand words" over here they definitely do

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks