Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2013, 21:54   #46
BHPian

Re: "Pune-Indore-Pune: 2012 Nov trip report on Page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post

@MM403 - could you share any more details for your trip like availability of restaurants, petrol pumps availability etc. on the way? Also did you notice any unusual route conditions like major diversions, road works - anything which I need to consider during the trip?

Thanks again.
JoshMachine -- there are number of petrol pumps on the way. I had refilled just before Dhule. Regarding restaurants first one is at SmileStone before Nagar, then number of ones are there at Shirdi, then one at Dhule after the toll (dont recollect the name) , then the next good one is Foodie after Narmada Bridge at Sendhwa. We didnt stop any where except at Foodie as we had packed home made stuff.

No route diversions anywhere, except at the Indore - Dewas bypass. Number of flyovers coming up so need to take service roads
Old 24th April 2013, 18:07   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Note: Repeat post mentioned on the Indore-Mumbai thread. Reposting here for the larger (Pune-Indore tripping) audience.

Hey guys,
Planning to do a all-night drive from Pune/Bombay to Indore, starting around 10 pm (if not earlier)
The most feasible route seems is Mumbai - Igatpuri - Nashik - Malegaon - Dhule - Indore (NH47).
- Are there any alternate route / sections that can be opted
- I understand the highway has been seeing 4-laning work; which portions of the highway are seeing work currently?
- Best options to bypass Nashik city?
- Overall estimated travel-time?

Also considering I'm starting from Pune (and picking up the remaining two passengers from Mumbai), would the Pune - Nagar - Shirdi - Manmad - Dhule route be a better option for night travel?
Old 24th April 2013, 20:58   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I did Pune-Indore-Pune once again. Here is an update on this route.
-Biju
Hi Biju
Many people on the forum have been discussing about dacoits near Sendhwa. I was thinking of traveling Mumbai - Nashik - Dhule - Sendhwa - Pithampur - Indore. This I guess is the straight NH3 route between the two cities.

Could you please let me know if this route is still an issue like back in 2009?
FYI, I would be traveling with full family in my car - Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire.

Also, as far as I know, there is no CNG availability on this route. But in case I am just lucky and you have seen any CNG stations, could you please let me know?

Thanks
Dipak.
Old 24th April 2013, 21:56   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

Also considering I'm starting from Pune (and picking up the remaining two passengers from Mumbai), would the Pune - Nagar - Shirdi - Manmad - Dhule route be a better option for night travel?
In Jan, I had started from Indore at 5pm in the evening. Till Dhule reached around 9 pm did not encounter any problem as the highway had clear dividers. However from Malegaon to Shirdi road doesnt have dividers and surface quality not excellent so had to drive slowly. Reached Shirdi around 1130 pm and took a halt there. Again stretch from Shirdi to Nagar doesnt have good surface condition so wouldnt advice night travel
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 13:44   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Note: Repeat post mentioned on the Indore-Mumbai thread. Reposting here for the larger (Pune-Indore tripping) audience.

Hey guys,
Planning to do a all-night drive from Pune/Bombay to Indore, starting around 10 pm (if not earlier)
The most feasible route seems is Mumbai - Igatpuri - Nashik - Malegaon - Dhule - Indore (NH47).
- Are there any alternate route / sections that can be opted
- I understand the highway has been seeing 4-laning work; which portions of the highway are seeing work currently?
- Best options to bypass Nashik city?
- Overall estimated travel-time?

From what I know road widening is going on for about 35 km from Nashik towards Indore. After that it is all 4-lane roads. No idea about bypassing Nashik while coming from Mumbai. I guess there is none.

Night driving should be ok from Pune. Roads are bad just before Shirdi and after Shirdi until you cross Kopargaon. After that the 2 lane roads are good all the way to Malegaon. There are a few speed breakers on this stretch (see my earlier post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipakDZireLover View Post
Hi Biju
Many people on the forum have been discussing about dacoits near Sendhwa. I was thinking of traveling Mumbai - Nashik - Dhule - Sendhwa - Pithampur - Indore. This I guess is the straight NH3 route between the two cities.

Could you please let me know if this route is still an issue like back in 2009?
FYI, I would be traveling with full family in my car - Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire.

Also, as far as I know, there is no CNG availability on this route. But in case I am just lucky and you have seen any CNG stations, could you please let me know?

Thanks
Dipak.
Dipak. The route is right. Just follow NH3. I have not heard about any dacoity in the recent past since there are no more slow-to-drive ghat sections. I have always preferred to drive during the day starting at 4 or 4:30 a.m. I had seen one Reliance pump after Malegaon and they said they only had gas - not sure if it was CNG or LPG. It comes on the left had side some km after Malegaon.
Old 10th August 2013, 13:43   #51
BHPian

I am planning to do Pune - Ujjain - Pune in b/w 15th to 19th August. I will be going from Pune with my wifey and 2 daughters (4 yr and 6 yr old)This will be a 5 days trip (including drive time). The main objective is to visit Mahakaleshwar Temple in Ujjain. I have started collecting information about the route as the continuous rains may have had considerable impact on the roads.

I am being advised of the 2 routes

Pune – Ahmednagar - Aurangabad – Silod – Jamner – Muktainagar – Burhanpur – Sanwad – Indore – Ujjain = TOTAL 700 KM

Pune - Manchar - Sangamner - Nashik - Malegaon - Indore - Ujjain = Total 681 Km
Or a little variation to the above
Pune - Manchar - Sangamner - Kopargaon - Malegaon - Indore - Ujjain = Total 638 Km

Which Route should I be taking based on the current raod conditions after the recent rains.

Also need suggestion on decent hotels in Ujjain and Mandav for stays. I will be staying 2 nights in Ujjain and 2 in Mandav.

TIA
Old 10th August 2013, 15:21   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
Pune - Manchar - Sangamner - Nashik - Malegaon - Indore - Ujjain = Total 681 Km
Or a little variation to the above
Pune - Manchar - Sangamner - Kopargaon - Malegaon - Indore - Ujjain = Total 638 Km
What you should do I think is a variation of the above:

Pune-Nagar-Shirdi-Manmad-Malegaon-Mhow-Indore-Ujjain

This would give you a maximum of 4-lane options.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 15:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Yes. This should be the best option. If possible, check with someone about road conditions beyond Nagar. The road between Nagar & Kopargaon tends to become potholed during the rains. But I think it is still the best option available.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 17:10   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Yes. This should be the best option. If possible, check with someone about road conditions beyond Nagar. The road between Nagar & Kopargaon tends to become potholed during the rains. But I think it is still the best option available.
Thanks Guys for the suggestion.

There is a slight change in the plan as could not find a decent option to stay in Ujjain ,so would be driving up to Indore on 15th and stay there overnight. Will go to Ujjain next day early morning and do Mahakaal Darshan and back to Indore by night. So I will be staying in Indore for 2 or 3 nights and 2 or 1 in Mandav depending on hotel booking for 17th night.

Thanks again.
Old 12th August 2013, 21:22   #55
BHPian

mittal_v2002 Indore to Ujjain you can easily cover in 40-45 min, so should not be a problem. Which part of Indore have you booked the hotel
Old 13th August 2013, 09:46   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
mittal_v2002 Indore to Ujjain you can easily cover in 40-45 min, so should not be a problem. Which part of Indore have you booked the hotel
I will be staying at Ginger Hotel at AB Road in Indore.

And thanks a lot for the drive time estimate for Indore- Ujjain. Based on this I can assume that road b/w Indore/Ujjain is good. and I should take the Direct road from Indore to Ujjain via Sawer not via Dewas ?

Cheers...
Old 13th August 2013, 10:18   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
I will be staying at Ginger Hotel at AB Road in Indore.

And thanks a lot for the drive time estimate for Indore- Ujjain. Based on this I can assume that road b/w Indore/Ujjain is good. and I should take the Direct road from Indore to Ujjain via Sawer not via Dewas ?

Cheers...
No need to go to Dewas in fact it is much longer if you go via Dewas. From Ginger, take AB Rd, towards Dewas. At the next square, take a left on MR10 ( Kusha bhau Thakre rd). You will see Sayaji on your left. Keep going on MR10( its a toll road) till you hit a junction ( traffic lights). Take a right towards Ujjain. You dont even need to enter Ujjain city. Just before the start of city there are sign boards for proceeding towards Mahakal.( There is a parking lot near the temple) Just a word of caution. Its a bit crowded /narrow lanes near the temple.

Hope this helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks