Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 16:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

My toes are itching to hit the accelerator. But I will have to wait till May.
By the way, Mitch - one of the most interesting mamals in the Namdhapa region is a species called homo sapiens. Interesting people. You wouldn't regret interacting with them.
Sudipto
Old 30th March 2009, 20:55   #32
BHPian

say what?!

i've heard of them! nice people all of whom i met. the 'president' of the ngo at the tourist hut is a very knowledgeable guy named phaplu. the main thing is the rain i am encountering now. camping in the rain just isnt nice.
what, are you saying i'm antisocial?
i will talk to you soon, brother!
Old 31st March 2009, 07:31   #33
BHPian

For Mitch

Hey Mitch tea processing takes about 10 to 12 hours but it is a continuous process, you will be able to see all the stages. Do give me a call in advance I might be able to stall manufacture and show you all the stages.

Best wishes

lifewater
Old 8th April 2009, 07:32   #34
BHPian

Mitch is in Tinsukia (ASSAM)

Dear All thought will update this thread about mitch. He has reached tinsukia after a lot of trouble yesterday. Spoke to me from tinsukia I wanted him to stay the night with me and then proceed to Dibrugarh to cross over the Brahmaputra to his way to Passighat, but poor soul he was so tired that he did not want to get on his bike to travel the 25 odd kms from tinsukia to my place.

He will be crossing the river today by ferry from Dibrugarh and I am waiting for his call to pass on the information regarding the ferry point (keeps shifting due to siltation) at Dibrugarh. Pray to god that he crosses over without too much of a trouble.

Will keep you all posted on hearinh from him

Ciao'

lifewater
Old 28th August 2009, 22:51   #35
Joy
BHPian

Nice Thread. Brought back my nostalgia of Assam, Meghalaya. I completed my studies (+12) in Guwahati. Though never ventured beyond these two states. Mitch where are you now? You bought back my memories back. I was in Jorhat due to my father's posting, been to Sibsagar, Dibrugarh, Tinsukia (another place my father was posted but too small to recall anything) . Though based in Kolkata, I still miss North East.
Old 28th August 2009, 23:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

The highway no 39 is a very historic road. It was the battle field of WW2. If somebody going to Kohima, Nagaland, please don't miss the War Memorial.
The world famous inscription reads...

When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say
For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today
Old 28th August 2009, 23:19   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Thanks, Saurabh. I have been to Bhalukpong before (en route Tawang), but Nameri and Dibru I have not been to.

I have driven to all the 7 Sisters earlier, including Kaziranga (saw 13 Rhinos in one evening drive there!). This time, the trip is focussed on Sikkim, West-East Bhutan drive and Eastern Arunachal (Siang Valleys), and also Miao/Namdapha. On the return, I hope to do the East-West drive, starting form the eastern most part of India to the westernmost (Koteshwar, Kutch, Gujarat).

I have been to Nameri a few years back and camped there for a few days. Though the forest and the camp site is very appealing, but in terms of watching wildlife - it is a real frustration. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ng-beyond.html)

Any, plan to visit Tripura? Why no one is visiting this place - the Jampui hill, the orange orchard - I bet, it will be a great experience. You will find the mixture of East Bengal and tribal culture - a unique experience.
Old 4th September 2009, 21:21   #38
BHPian

hey guys

sorry but i have been out of touch with the inet lately.
joy, thanx for your response. glad to have been able to give you pleasant memories! lol
now in the island of ternate in indonesia on the equator. interesting and lazy now.
just a passenger and the only bikes here are 125's like in india and lots of scooters. seen a few marutis too.
i am missing india and am hoping to get back there soon to pry the bike loose from sudipto's grip again!
later all
Old 7th October 2009, 08:05   #39
BHPian

@mitch
Man!! what do you do for living ?

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks