Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2009, 11:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Eventhough we were working from our Hotel rooms, we couldn't resist ourselves from going out. It was like, we work, see the nice view of ocean outside window, and heck It was tooo tough to work with those pretty nice world outside waiting for us to explore.

One day we both planed to go to the Botanical Garden. When we came out of the hotel, we saw some nice bikes parked in front of the hotel and enquired if it is for rent. But luckily, its free for hotel guest. So, we both started in the bike.

It was hot sun but it did not stop us from cycling. On the way we saw many Hindu temples including the Thai-Pusam famous Balamurugan temple. But it was all closed since it was noon. Kept driving and reached the garden. had good stroll in the garden and good fun with the monkeys. Then we took some less taken trail in the garden. It seems it was once a very good botanical garden. But now not so well maintained.

Now back to pics

Temple on the way to Garden
Salamat Datang - Malaysia, Truely Asia...-cimg5854-custom.jpg

Salamat Datang - Malaysia, Truely Asia...-cimg5856-custom.jpg

Entering Botanical Garden
Salamat Datang - Malaysia, Truely Asia...-cimg5865-custom.jpg

It was my friend's girl friend birthday and he wanted to take a shot with Monkey holding a placard wishing her gf. He tried is best but could not, he got all shorts of chasing, attacking etc from Monkey,

So, one of that is here!!!

Salamat Datang - Malaysia, Truely Asia...-cimg5868-custom.jpg

Walking along those trails

Salamat Datang - Malaysia, Truely Asia...-cimg5876-custom-2.jpg

Please, little rest. Tired.

Salamat Datang - Malaysia, Truely Asia...-cimg5878-custom.jpg

This is how I was at the end, Gone, exhausted.

Salamat Datang - Malaysia, Truely Asia...-cimg5883-custom.jpg

After roaming along in those hot sun, it was like we need to jump into any water source, as you can see in this pics. Lucky monkeys. We could not, because.. You know why...
Salamat Datang - Malaysia, Truely Asia...-cimg5901-custom.jpg
On the way back, saw these beauties
Oops, can I say beauty or beast!!!

Salamat Datang - Malaysia, Truely Asia...-cimg5918-custom-2.jpg

Salamat Datang - Malaysia, Truely Asia...-cimg5919-custom.jpg

Salamat Datang - Malaysia, Truely Asia...-cimg5921-custom.jpg

Salamat Datang - Malaysia, Truely Asia...-cimg5935-custom.jpg
Old 19th November 2009, 11:09   #17
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Penang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I go to Penang a lot on work

Check out gurney drive - seafood

Penang hill (I have not been there but it is worth a trip)

Evening - Batu Ferangi about 35-40 RM cab ride - beaches , eating and a night market. Bargain hard

Penang reminds me of Bangalore of old - quiet and peaceful. Try and see what is called Baba House in Geargetown - an old noble mans house

Shopping - good bargains at the complex behind KOMTAR and Bukit Jumbat (sounds something like that)
Hi Ajmat
need some help on penang, had PM'ed you, can it be possible to get a reply before Saturday? If i need to post here and not PM, please let me know. Need info on Batu Night Market( will be staying at Batu) and some info on shopping, what to buy and where all..
Appreciate your reply

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks