Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 14:16   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Abhi, thats a wonderful travelogue backed up with some cool pictures. I did this trip in November and just haven't posted any pictures yet.

Your travelogue reminded me that i should do a photoblog on Tirupathi pretty soon.

Hope you prayed for all of US
Old 19th March 2009, 14:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

THanks guys !!
aka_iitd: Hope you got your answer from kreddy and benkey.
OT: Are you associated to IIT Delhi? Year/Department

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
Abhi - Nice write-up. 1.5 Hrs in queue is not bad at all by Tirumala standards. Did you find any additions/improvements in Tirumala (I am presuming that this is not your first trip to Tirumala)?
Ya, I didnt mind it. This was my second trip. First one being in the AP Tourism Volvo Package in 2005. That time the darshan was very fast and it was the early morning one (Special tickets for AP Tourism)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Nice travelogue & pics Abhi - car is gleaming as usual
Thanks Suman da, Entire highway was neat and clean so didnot encounter dirt stretches, so lesser dirt accumulated in the car in this trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal
another satyamite seeking virtual blessings from the almighty via this travelogue
Ya, you are blessed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Abhi, thats a wonderful travelogue backed up with some cool pictures. I did this trip in November and just haven't posted any pictures yet.

Your travelogue reminded me that i should do a photoblog on Tirupathi pretty soon.Hope you prayed for all of US
Thanks Avi, ya we all prayed for Satyam's prosperity too. Hope all the associates come out of the uncertainity soon.

Abhi
Old 19th March 2009, 14:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Great 'holy' travelogue, AK! Seems like the photos were kept to the minimum, this time, is it?

Noticed that the barriers have certainly come up well, since my last visit (which I believe was 10+ years back! ) on the decent from the hill. Good of them.

And 19+ is definitely a good mileage.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:40   #19
BHPian

Nice and Neat Write up. How did you find driving in on the Kolar Route. It is Complete mess. Last week I went till Mulbagle. Need to be extra careful as the Lorry and Other Vehicle come on the wrong side due to the Road work...
Why only Satyamited Abhi ? You should have pray for all Software people as whole Hope lord Venkata will bless on all of us.
Old 19th March 2009, 17:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue, Abhi. BTW where are the laddus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Good one there Abhi. You Satyamites will be blessed for sure. Enjoy
Even you are blessed one mj. Nowadays you are travellling quite a lot and that to outside country. Hope the recession has not affected your company.
Old 19th March 2009, 19:28   #21
BHPian

Nice travelogue Abhi. Lord venkateswara bless everyone. :-)
Old 19th March 2009, 21:55   #22
BHPian

Great !

Nice trip @akroy! From several years I had been doing a yearly visit to Tirumala. However its been almost 2 years since my last visit. Your log kind of acted as a reminder that I need to plan my Tirumala trip soon...
Old 19th March 2009, 22:27   #23
BHPian

akroy - Thanks for the route update. Good snaps too.
Old 19th March 2009, 23:13   #24
BHPian

Abhi:

Simple and straightforward travelogue; and as usual, the subtle humour..

Why didn't you guys opt to stay overnight in Tirumala? I love Tirumala - it is like a Hill Station and Pilgrmage combo destination. There are quite a few places in (or is it 'on'?) Tirumala to spend good quality time.

-GT-
Old 20th March 2009, 00:43   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Abhi, a nice left-side ORVM will be in order for your long-distance cruiser!
Old 20th March 2009, 00:48   #26
BHPian

akroy & friends,
I only have one thing to say to you:
PUNAR DARSHANAM PRAAPTI RASTU
Namo venkatesha
Old 20th March 2009, 07:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
Abhi:
Why didn't you guys opt to stay overnight in Tirumala? I love Tirumala - it is like a Hill Station and Pilgrmage combo destination. There are quite a few places in (or is it 'on'?) Tirumala to spend good quality time.

-GT-
Frankly speaking I too liked the same but I have no idea of hotels / Guest houses and how to book them? Can you provide me any such source so that next time I can stay in Tirumala itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by themag
Abhi, a nice left-side ORVM will be in order for your long-distance cruiser!
Mahesh, I am thinking of it for sometime now. PLanning to change both the mirrors with the Zen type assembly. Till then, the mirror inside the car doing the job for me (and very well too).

Abhi
Old 20th March 2009, 08:21   #28
PVS
BHPian

From one Satyamite to the other - thanks for the prayers pal! We do need his blessings especially during the crucial period ahead. Thats a well maintained car and a neat trip report!
Old 20th March 2009, 08:24   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Frankly speaking I too liked the same but I have no idea of hotels / Guest houses and how to book them? Can you provide me any such source so that next time I can stay in Tirumala itself?
one can book the accommodation as well as the darshans and seva in the TTD information centres. most cities have information centres. (weekly holiday - tuesday and counter closes at 4.00pm on weekdays and 7.00 pm on weekends). you have to book atleast 30 days in advance.
other option is e-booking in their website. but ttd information centre is the best though the staff behavior will give a feeling like you are in govt office. they will close the counter at 4.00 pm sharp on weekdays.
Old 20th March 2009, 10:20   #30
rkg
Senior - BHPian

TTD darshan

There are different ways to get darshan at Tirumala

1. Direct : just go up and enter the Q complex for Sarva darshan(free) or buy a Rs50 ticket and enter the Q complex or Buy Rs 100 cellar ticket( given with VIP recomendation) and enter the Q complex. Most of bus packages get the Rs 100 cellar tickets for their customers.

2. Sudarshanam token: One can get these at several places in tirupati and tirumala. in tirupati near Alipiri just before foot path, opposite railway station in TTD choultry etc.
sudarshanam token is tied to one's hand .It will be with bar code. One can do bath and other things, the token will remain. One can take either Rs50/ or free darshan sudarshan token's as far as I know. correct me if iam wrong. the person can enter the Q complex at the stipulated time on the token

3. Visit any TTD information centres in AP or other states. and take Rs50/= or AAD/NPD ticket. AAD is Archanantara darshan, NPD is Nija rupa darshan ( only on friday< one can see lord venketeswara with out any ornaments or clothes). the time of this darshan is 5 AM. if one is booking for this, the TTD information center can also book you a cottage at tirumala if it is available on the day before

4 Book different seva's online and also cottages at tirumala. one can book any type of cottage here. but in TTD information center booking , it is mostly Rambagicha or saptagiri will be alloted. as far as my experience goes the maintenance of these cottages is not good

5. If one is interested in good darshan try for suprabhatam tickets at morning 3.30. it is one of the best and cheapest @120/ per head

6. there is quota for pilgrims on the hills for all the sevas. these tickets are sold at Vijaya/andhra bank counters just opposite the Vaikumtam Q complex daily at 9 ot 10 AM. check the correct timings

Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanams - e-Services

Last edited by rkg : 20th March 2009 at 10:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks