Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2009, 23:28   #16
BHPian

Great pics. Thank you for sharing the details of the places as well.

Initially, when I saw the title of this thread, it looked like a dull subject. But, when I went in, as you know, it is a beautiful travelouge. Thanks again.
Old 26th March 2009, 06:23   #17
BHPian

thank you bijuks. glad you enjoyed!
Old 28th March 2009, 10:58   #18
manukale

ITs 803 M above average Sea LEvel & NOT Ft.!!

I wish to submit that Matheran is 803 M above avg. sea level (as against mentioned as 800 Ft). Enclosing the visual of Matheran Rly. Stn. Board mentioning the ht. of the stn.
Attached Thumbnails
Matheran - A tiny hill station near Mumbai-dsc00722.jpg  

Last edited by manukale : 28th March 2009 at 11:02.

Old 28th March 2009, 11:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manukale View Post
I wish to submit that Matheran is 803 M above avg. sea level (as against mentioned as 800 Ft). Enclosing the visual of Matheran Rly. Stn. Board mentioning the ht. of the stn.
LOL, Manu, this point was already settled on the 25th of March!
Seems like you grabbed the opportunity to make a quick dash to Matheran for the pic!
Old 28th March 2009, 13:22   #20
Sar
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your trip magiceye. I visited Matheran many moons ago and it's lovely to see that it's still untouched. I remember walking from Neral to Matheran, it was so much fun. Great pix.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:09   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

The gradient stretch up from Neral to Matheran can be used to test gradeability and driveability besides cooling system performance. Downhill is good to test brake fade and recovery characteristics. It is a very representatively steep gradient and gives good feedback. Then you cross the main railway line, come out in Murbad and then go to Ale Phata (good for handling, fantastic jumps @ 130 kmph), cross it and come out in Ahmednagar. From there you can go to Pathardi and Paithan. Just 400 kms away is Hyderabad. Everything can be done in a day. Very good to take in B grade road driveability feedback. Just for information.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2009, 12:26   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
The gradient stretch up from Neral to Matheran can be used to test gradeability and driveability besides cooling system performance. Downhill is good to test brake fade and recovery characteristics. It is a very representatively steep gradient and gives good feedback. Then you cross the main railway line, come out in Murbad and then go to Ale Phata (good for handling, fantastic jumps @ 130 kmph), cross it and come out in Ahmednagar. From there you can go to Pathardi and Paithan. Just 400 kms away is Hyderabad. Everything can be done in a day. Very good to take in B grade road driveability feedback. Just for information.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thats great. Behram if you do that for your work. Then I really envy you.
Old 11th May 2021, 08:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

re: Matheran - A tiny hill station near Mumbai

Animal lovers in Pune and Mumbai are pooling funds to feed starving horses in Matheran as tourism took a hit amid a spike in Covid-19 cases as well as enforcement of lockdown-like measures.

Read full story here: https://m.timesofindia.com/city/mumb...ppst&pcode=461

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 11th May 2021 at 08:41.
Old 17th June 2022, 16:53   #24
BHPian

re: Matheran - A tiny hill station near Mumbai

Any suggestions for Mumbai- Matheran - Mumbai trip? would love recommendations for food and restaurants/dhaabas. thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 16:56   #25

Re: Matheran - A tiny hill station near Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Any suggestions for Mumbai- Matheran - Mumbai trip? would love recommendations for food and restaurants/dhaabas. thanks
Most of Matheran's resorts serve only Veg food (Gujrati) and as a package with the stay. For Non-Veg try Diwadkars, which is bang outside Matheran railway station or Shabeer Bhai's for some Biryani's.

But I guess the famous snacks in Matheran is good old Maggi and Vadapavs, especially if it rains and are available almost everywhere.

For stays the best time if ofcourse weekends but again the prices see an increase of 50% as compared to that of weekdays. There are many resorts in Matheran catering to all budgets, so best look at booking aggregators sites for best deals.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks