Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:13   #16
BHPian

Hey DS: great to know you had nice time and wow you sited a tiger in action and that to close to your resort lucky you

awating for more on the tiger episode and pics
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:20   #17
BHPian

Great write up & pics! So your trip really turned out worthwhile :-). Wonder when the 4 Laning is going to end on the Nagpur route - its been going on forever!
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:54   #18
BHPian

Good write up and pics how was the cars performance -could you provide more details about that .
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:06   #19
BHPian

Nice trip log and superb pics. The first pic is really cool. What lens have you used to get the pic of that sparrow?
Old 4th April 2009, 10:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amip View Post
Great write up & pics! So your trip really turned out worthwhile :-). Wonder when the 4 Laning is going to end on the Nagpur route - its been going on forever!
Yes the trip was great, the 4 laning is surely going to take a long time before it is usable. Lots of places they havent started the work at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamojoym View Post
Good write up and pics how was the cars performance -could you provide more details about that .
Car performed as expected, the Linea true to its heritage was good on the Highway. I am putting up a detailed report on my ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Nice trip log and superb pics. The first pic is really cool. What lens have you used to get the pic of that sparrow?
Its a standard, 200mm Nikkor lens which came with the Camera I am using a Nikkon D40 SLR. The picture was in Raw format, this particular bird is called the Indian Roller, Vishakantha. Surprisingly they are so habituated with humans they are just dont fly away unless you reach out them. The look best when flying, beautiful coloured feathers.
Old 4th April 2009, 11:01   #21
BHPian

Chetan, nice write up and great pictures, specially that of the beast.
Old 4th April 2009, 11:35   #22
BHPian

Excellent sightings. Tigers are always elusive and very difficult to sight. Kanha is an excellent place to go, MP Tourism cottages at Kisli are the best. You should also take an Elephant rides into the Core areas is a must.
Old 4th April 2009, 12:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Excellent sightings. Tigers are always elusive and very difficult to sight. Kanha is an excellent place to go, MP Tourism cottages at Kisli are the best. You should also take an Elephant rides into the Core areas is a must.
Kiren you seem to be familiar with Kanha, I second everything man . last year when I went to Pench I was very aprehensive about MP tourism, but everything is so good, you feel like going back again and again.

The Elephant safari's cost about 5K for about 4 hours, somehow I am not fond about the way they treat them on the safari. But I agree that this is the best way to see the jungle from up close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Chetan, nice write up and great pictures, specially that of the beast.
Which one man?
Old 4th April 2009, 12:44   #24
BHPian

Which one man?[/quote]

The one with stripes.
Old 6th April 2009, 13:11   #25
BHPian

Good One

I liked your thread. Would love to visit Pench from Kolkata.
Old 6th April 2009, 13:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics there chetan! BTW, is the car fixed. Shweta was mentioning that the car took a hit on the highway and you had trouble in the first two gears.

O.T. were you in Spar on Saturday. I thought I saw you pull out while i was coming into the parking lot.
Old 6th April 2009, 13:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Finally I was on a long awaited road trip from Hyderabad to Kanha National Park over the Ugadi weekend.

Have added the best pictures I shot during this trip. Any questions/suggestions/corrections please feel free to contact.
Great write-up and information, Downsouth.

I myself am planning a roadtrip in June this year and have Kanha in my itinerary. Will be in touch in case of any questions / information.

My dad keeps driving on this route at least once a year when he takes the car from Hyderabad to Varanasi. He is going to be doing it again later this month.
Old 6th April 2009, 14:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue DS. Any pictures taken enroute of the roads and surrounding?

OT: Our beloved Rajesh is all set to get married to the girl Shweta has found for him. Atleast Muh Dikhayi to karwa do.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 6th April 2009 at 14:08.
Old 6th April 2009, 14:42   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Nice pics there chetan! BTW, is the car fixed. Shweta was mentioning that the car took a hit on the highway and you had trouble in the first two gears.

O.T. were you in Spar on Saturday. I thought I saw you pull out while i was coming into the parking lot.
Yeah that and I got pushed off the Begumpet flyover by taxi's, now the car is fixed. Thats right, i was there late noon, i guess missed you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Nice travelogue DS. Any pictures taken enroute of the roads and surrounding?

OT: Our beloved Rajesh is all set to get married to the girl Shweta has found for him. Atleast Muh Dikhayi to karwa do.
No pictures of the road, but really nothing much to talk about,

O.T. I hope rajesh has not read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Great write-up and information, Downsouth.

I myself am planning a roadtrip in June this year and have Kanha in my itinerary. Will be in touch in case of any questions / information.

My dad keeps driving on this route at least once a year when he takes the car from Hyderabad to Varanasi. He is going to be doing it again later this month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
I liked your thread. Would love to visit Pench from Kolkata.
Thanks guys, Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me, Both Kanha and Pench are awesome places you just need to love wildlife and the Jungles...
Old 6th April 2009, 14:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
. Thats right, i was there late noon, i guess missed you.
Even Rajesh and me were there to do our shopping for the F1 meet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks