Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 15:40   #31
BHPian

seems like a lovely enjoyable break...and you managed spotting a tiger and a leopard!! wow!! now that's too (three) much... linea+tiger+leopard... ha ha really wonderful mate...nice photographs
Old 6th April 2009, 18:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Even Rajesh and me were there to do our shopping for the F1 meet
So was I to get my weekend stock of booze.
Old 6th April 2009, 19:18   #33
BHPian

Nice pictures dude, esp of that tiger.
Old 8th April 2009, 22:50   #34
BHPian

Hey ... hope your car din't suffer much damage.
I drive on the begumpet flyover everyday and look at that unfinished road-edge. I used to keep thinking to myself "if some car's tyre slips into that ditch, it will cause some serious damage to the underbody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Yeah that and I got pushed off the Begumpet flyover by taxi's, now the car is fixed. Thats right, i was there late noon, i guess missed you.
Old 9th April 2009, 09:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Hey ... hope your car din't suffer much damage.
I drive on the begumpet flyover everyday and look at that unfinished road-edge. I used to keep thinking to myself "if some car's tyre slips into that ditch, it will cause some serious damage to the underbody.
You will know its a pain driving on that flyover, on the left you have the buses pushing you on the right there is a huge ditch, thats like being stuck between the devil and the deep sea.

I hope its not serious damage man, but sure there is an issue. I think the engine gaurd got scraped big time.
Old 9th April 2009, 14:20   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Chetan, thanks for this wonderful travelogue. I am reckoning this could be the first on tbhp where a travelogue is posted where the trip is done in a Linea-P.

Going through the pictures seemed like you went as close to the wildlife as it's possible. Great story and pictures there.

So how much was the damange for rectifying that sound after that incident? Hope nothing major was a problem?
Old 9th April 2009, 14:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Chetan, thanks for this wonderful travelogue. I am reckoning this could be the first on tbhp where a travelogue is posted where the trip is done in a Linea-P.

Going through the pictures seemed like you went as close to the wildlife as it's possible. Great story and pictures there.

So how much was the damange for rectifying that sound after that incident? Hope nothing major was a problem?
Yeah as close to wildlife as possible probably a first for a Linea Petrol, one of the pictures has 2 Jackals in them, I tracked them from the car for about 15-20 mins the at one point they were about 15 ft away from me. They were having a good time, marking terriotory running behind cheetal and Langurs, but it was more fun watching them. All the hogwash about bright colours, big cars is crap. Atleast the jackals were friendly enough to the Linea.

I still dont know about the damage Avi, havent got myself to visit the service center, cant take off till saturday, they have to get a replacement for the accelator sensor, which is bust. I still have that issue to be sorted out. Which reminds me, I will call them now.
Old 9th April 2009, 15:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Which one man?
The one with stripes.[/quote]

The next thing chetan would be doing is adding rally stripes to his linea .

Chetan, lovely crisp report. The details of the lodging/rates, road conditions, food quality et al add great value to a travelogues and definitely clears doubts for many of us who want to visit this destination.

Thanks for that.
Old 16th May 2009, 12:22   #39

Hi downsouth,
Nice account and good pics too.

Was particularly helpful to me as I have to do part of this route next month. Have to drive down from Delhi to Hyderabad and have been wondering whether to take the Jhansi-Sagar-Lakhnadon-Nagpur route of the Bhopal-Nagpur route.

In any case, the Nagpur-Hyderabad stretch remains common.

Can I request you to give some more details of the bad patch of road near Adilabad; would be grateful.

Thanks
Old 27th July 2009, 16:24   #40
BHPian

man you got the picture of a tiger, you are lucky, people die to have a glance at him. Wow you also had a tiger visiting your huts & u all found a kill outside, you are so so lucky.

Most Viewed