Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 13:54   #16
BHPian

Nice pics brother, Try posting some more. I am planning a Goa trip in the near future with my friends which includes some girls as well, Is the cottage good enough to stay with girls? Looking at the pics it loooks good though.
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:47   #17
BHPian

Good to know that you had fun - difficult not to in Goa! In fact its the only place i can think of where the fun starts as soon as you reach!

The Saturday Night Market at Arpora is one of my all time favourites - i never miss it
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
the contestants would not like themselves being shot by a complete stranger in half-chaddis. so i haven't taken them :-)
high hopes, tum log bhi
Double meaning eh?

Arrey everyone in Goa is in half-chaddisand thats actually more decent than those topless firangs on the beaches. You could have got the pics had you been sober and decent.
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:34   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Arrey everyone in Goa is in half-chaddisand thats actually more decent than those topless firangs on the beaches.
Well, I know I've switched sides now, but topless firangs are also pretty decent.

It's not like the topless sit around at family beaches strutting around and showing themselves off. Most of the time it's a quiet beach and some sun and a warm, free feeling.

If you know where to go (and no it is NOT Baga and Calangute) then it's wonderful and peaceful and you can be topless and be quite comfortable and the waiters don't bat an eyelid (used to seeing breasts all the time) and neither do the fruit vendors or the gypsy girls or the passers-by. You can be (completely) free and peaceful, if you love the sun like we do.

I won't list out the locations for obvious reasons. And don't PM me asking me where you can find naked chicks, I will not answer lol

Goa can be really wonderful. Here are some photos from our short weekend there last month. I bumped into Nishantgandhi outside Tito on that weekend, I remember. We hated Mambo and left immediately.

Back to my photos - Not to steal your thunder frank, sorry - carry on posting. And your hotel/cottage is both wonderful and expensive.

Goa: A Small Photologue-dsc_7192_l.jpg

Goa: A Small Photologue-dsc_7212_l.jpg

Goa: A Small Photologue-dsc_7268_l.jpg

Goa: A Small Photologue-dsc_71901_l.jpg

No - I cannot post photos of topless girls.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 3rd April 2009 at 18:48.
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

hehe. sam check your pm. kidding :-)
the earlier beach we were staying around in our last visit(vagatore) is like a nice virgin beach and it was quite peaceful there. no vendors, no waiters. not many shacks. less locals and more foreigners. but we enjoyed more on baga, calangute etc because we had more things to do in that area. our hotel room is nice, and cost us 1000 a head per night. isnt that ok?????
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:42   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
hehe. sam check your pm. kidding :-)
the earlier beach we were staying around in our last visit(vagatore) is like a nice virgin beach and it was quite peaceful there. no vendors, no waiters. not many shacks. less locals and more foreigners. but we enjoyed more on baga, calangute etc because we had more things to do in that area. our hotel room is nice, and cost us 1000 a head per night. isnt that ok?????
Oh it is OK - for the kind of place you stayed in. Normally our budget is less than half of that. lol

We hardly spend any time in the hotel room, choosing to spend hours on the beach and in the sun and on the bike. Which is why we spend very little on the hotel.
Not because we're cheap. lol.
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

are those pictures from Majorda beach Sam?
just a yes or no would do
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:46   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
are those pictures from Majorda beach Sam?
just a yes or no would do
lol. No they are not. And please - that was not my intention, don't start guessing games.
Old 3rd April 2009, 19:09   #24
BHPian

Lovely pics doc, having seen the uncensored ones, i must say these have turned out pretty good !
Way to go Doc,

FYI - for couples & married men, the place was not cheap, yes if its a share it does work out pretty economical and good you chose that place.

cheers
M
Old 4th April 2009, 10:49   #25
BHPian

Can't wait to be there, even though its gonna be really hot, reaching there on 28th. Loved the pics frank & sam. We always take our camera but never get to click pics, always there to soak in the atmosphere so don't even care about pictures. Always hire a car there though, never allowed to ride bikes at home, plus since i'll be on King's all day long, makes more sense to rent a car. Sam i think i know that beach but wont take names.
Old 4th April 2009, 12:26   #26
BHPian

any places a lil out of the way a must visit?? i ll be reaching goa monday or tuesday.
Old 29th December 2009, 14:14   #27
BHPian

Raman's, Khobravadoo, Calangute, Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
any places a lil out of the way a must visit?? i ll be reaching goa monday or tuesday.
Ok Folks - I may be replying a thread that got its last post a few decades ago

I've know this place Raman's over 5 years...been there twice & going back this jan for a week.

In a nut shell this is a place more for families & slightly sober crowd. You may not be able to have the typical goan fun in this property. Manoj & Namita, the owners, are very particular about their no drinking policy around the pool – don’t be surprised if they ask you to vacate if they receive complaints. Hence its more suited for the sober kinds and trust me …I & my wife really appreciated their no-nonsense policy

We loved the food scene too - guess we aren't the typical foodie. For breakfasts we preferred the shacks on the beach & we would do either a lunch or dinner everyday here. The food is cheaper & much safer than what’s served in hotels & shacks. We even found their kitchen very clean & the made friends with the cook to get us exactly what we wanted. They even have an in-house masseur who’ll give you a nice sunset massage as very cheap prices ( Here’s the dampener ..its a guy)

They are extremely child friendly - my baby was 3 months only in my last stay - they were very support for any special needs. They are placed right on the shore – so you don’t have to walk any distance to reach the beach.

Their current tariff ranges between 2500 for non A/c rooms to 5000 for a large independent cottage. It may look expensive but once you stay there you’ll see that its money well spent.

You can see more pics in their website ramangoa.com/
Old 29th December 2009, 15:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post

You can see more pics in their website ramangoa.com/
Thanks a lot StudioAbraham, you have given good info been looking for this since long time but not much info available online about raman cottage.
Old 8th January 2010, 19:13   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
Ok Folks - I may be replying a thread that got its last post a few decades ago

I've know this place Raman's over 5 years...been there twice & going back this jan for a week.
Can you let me know the exact location of this resort

Most Viewed