Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2009, 12:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Its a toll for entire trip. Most of the toll I paid in Maharashtra, for the worst NH road.
Worst Road?! Thats surprising! I think it is better in the Maharashtra side of the border, unless you are speaking of the traffic after Kolhapur, or you thought Davangere, Chitradurga are in Maharashtra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
nice pics.
bangy to pune, 858 km in 11 hr drive.
Ashish saheb, kay rao, 11 hours ? 12.5 hours in the car plus 2 hours of break.
Great travelogue though! 170kms from Kodai to Munnar. What about Mysore to Kodai ? How many kms ?
Old 11th May 2009, 15:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

Ha Pawan, Great Travellouge and pictures, Eventhough these places have been seen by me and my wife seperately with our respective parents, your phones encourage us to go together now, i will plan some time in winter this year.

Your Palio seems to be from Anuroop, Goregaon and of 2002 (???) model. Am I correct ?, How is it doing now ?. especially after such a long trip ?
Old 12th May 2009, 20:29   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Worst Road?! Thats surprising! I think it is better in the Maharashtra side of the border, unless you are speaking of the traffic after Kolhapur, or you thought Davangere, Chitradurga are in Maharashtra.

Ashish saheb, kay rao, 11 hours ? 12.5 hours in the car plus 2 hours of break.
Great travelogue though! 170kms from Kodai to Munnar. What about Mysore to Kodai ? How many kms ?
Yes, thats true. Karnataka's roads are much better, and KA's truck drivers are very desiplined on highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Ha Pawan, Great Travellouge and pictures, Eventhough these places have been seen by me and my wife seperately with our respective parents, your phones encourage us to go together now, i will plan some time in winter this year.

Your Palio seems to be from Anuroop, Goregaon and of 2002 (???) model. Am I correct ?, How is it doing now ?. especially after such a long trip ?
I bought it used. After buying, I did lot many long trips. The only downside is the power. On long drive one should have quick 0-100. I do 70KMPH in 2nd gear to reach 100+ kmph in short duration. Best part of Palio 1.2 is the suspension, very good for any kind of road.
Old 12th May 2009, 21:46   #64
Senior - BHPian

Mysore to Kodai how many kms you said ?
Old 13th May 2009, 12:58   #65
BHPian

yaar, I am in Germany now a days, I dont have travelog with me. Once I reach their, will let(PM) you know definitly.
Old 13th May 2009, 13:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I bought it used. After buying, I did lot many long trips. The only downside is the power. On long drive one should have quick 0-100. I do 70KMPH in 2nd gear to reach 100+ kmph in short duration. Best part of Palio 1.2 is the suspension, very good for any kind of road.
I have a Palio (2002) ELX-PS, i agree with you Palio Suspension is one f the best i have seen/observed, I also do 60-70 in second and 80-90 in 3rd quite often. my observation is in its class, Palio has the best pick up.

I recently test drove Honda 1.5SMT, my personal feeling is Palio is still better w.r.t initial pick up.
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:31   #67
BHPian

Awesome Post Pawan....The pics are just too good...!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks