Team-BHP - Kolkata Photoblog 2009
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Kolkata Photoblog 2009 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/56307-kolkata-photoblog-2009-a.html)

Introducing Kolkata Photoblog 2009

For those who have missed the 2008 series, it is continued from http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-2008-a-6.html

wow,
basu,
good pics of kolkata particularly last of above post.;)

four travelogues..oops..photoblogs featuring on first page at a time.[ btw-i am not troublemaker from west coast:D]

Hi, nice pics. The chai looks good. Though i have never been to kolkata but the pics say it all!! Interesting!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 1247860)
good pics of kolkata particularly last of above post.;)

I second that! :D

Usual stuff from Basu - Amazing pictures. :thumbs up

TB: You sure have a way with the camera! Awesome photoblogs. Been almost 3 years since I went to Kolkata, but looks like things have not changed much except a bit more glitz

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 1247860)
[ btw-i am not troublemaker from west coast:D]

I know.

Pardon my statement, but I am sure you know what I mean. Just did not want to be too specific, thats all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by T_Girl (Post 1247907)
Hi, nice pics. The chai looks good. Though i have never been to kolkata but the pics say it all!! Interesting!

Kolkata is a place of amazing contrasts. Its got a Heritage.

the more you hate it the more you love it. Its unique, easy going, stresssful and calm at the same time. just that the work culture and people's attitude is bit of a problem.

Nice and interesting photos as usual, Tirthankar.
Quote:

Originally Posted by btirthankar (Post 1248024)
just that the work culture and people's attitude is bit of a problem.

So what are you doing nowadays? :)

Superb stuff as usual. And why I like it more is because you seem to see Kolkata the way I see it - Love it for what you should hate it. Gathered from the other threads that you are in Hyd now. Hope we will get to meet soon.

Hi Tirthankar, just came across your thread, and also went through the 2008 ones. Lovely sense of juxtaposing the variety of images that Kolkata has to offer. Especially loved the "flossing Mir" one. Couldn't resist cropping one of your Photoblog 2008 pics and re-posting here.

Kolkata Life and People

On Popular demand some more, (with due regards to whomsoever's snaps I have posted in the following)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 1248235)
Lovely sense of juxtaposing the variety of images that Kolkata has to offer. Especially loved the "flossing Mir" one. Couldn't resist cropping one of your Photoblog 2008 pics and re-posting here.

Tx. You have posted a very tastefully taken photo that I snapped from a building near Ruby X-ing. Thats a true skyliner. Glad You noticed the iconic structures which gives Kolkata its identity.

So You see, the structures were visible from 10 kms away with just a 10x zoom

BTirthankar,

I notice a lot of implied Bong humour (self-flogging) in some pics (Poltuda and Chunibabu, Nothing to do nothing to lose, Bhar e cha etc):D. Pity that it will be lost on people not used to the ways of "Thaa Beengali"

Eager to meet you in the iminent TBHP meet. Also, would like to add some pics I have taken of the cityscape to this thread, as and when I have time to collate them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by btirthankar (Post 1248264)
Glad You noticed the iconic structures which gives Kolkata its identity.

Just to clarify - I would notice...! After all, I AM a true-blue Durga Pujo and Mishti Doi-loving Bong despite having migrated to New Delhi some 16-odd years ago from that city.

Am putting up a not-too-well-stitched panorama of the facade of the College Street Market taken in May, 2007, when it was being demolished to make way for modernity.
Kolkata Photoblog 2009-kolkata-may07-107.jpg

You'll gather how true-blue a Bong I am if I tell you that Santosh-er Mishti-r Dokan opposite this market is one of my favourites. :)

Thirthankar, Put some scorching summer's day time pic also :)

Ganges bath at early morning.

As usual, BT, your travelogue is good to watch and good humor too. Your captions are nice. BTW, you have posted so many pics of the persons, hope they do not mind it.