Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 14:02   #1
BHPian

Planning for Long Vacation Trip

Hi,

I have vacation from May 9 - May 16.
Want to go for long trip along with my family.

I have difficulty in identifying places from Bangalore.

I need some list of places to visit for this summer.

Please help.
Old 6th April 2009, 21:57   #2
BHPian

Hi,

Instead of giving you numerous and varied options - let me tell you where I have been once I hit the road from Bangalore.

1. Bangalore - Goa:
You can look at leaving Bangalore in the morning - see Shravanabelagola; head towards Belur - Halibed (via Hassan) and eventually go to Mangalore to spend the night. Spend the next day if you wish at Mangalore or head towards Udipi, branch off to Moogambikai and finally head to Karwar and halt at a beach resort. Go to Goa, spend a couple of days, return via Hubli or Jog falls - shimoga and on to Bangalore. The roads excepting for the ghat stretch between Saklespur and Mangalore are great especially the one across the Konkan coast all the way to Goa.

2. Coorg: You can choose to go to a resort as Orange County or Kabini and then head towards Coorg for a couple of days; visit Talakaveri; camp at the Kaveri river resorts and head back

3. Munnar: This will be adventerous, scenic and great weather too - you can combine Pollachi-Topslip (Indiragandhi wildlife sanctuary) - stay at a tree house and then head towards Munnar - stay there for a couple of days; proceed to Madurai and if wanting more head to Rameshwaram; or choose munnar-dindigul-to pondicherry - see Mahabs - chennai and finally get back - If driving is what you like you can get the hills and sea in these sectors. These are great roads all the way.

4. Ooty/Kodai: You can combine a Bandipur blast and head towards Ooty and return - else choose Kodai and combine with Munnar if hillstations are the only places that attracts you.

5.Kerala: The options in Kerala are many - you can either choose the Kochi region; the Kuttanad region (Alleppey/Kumarakom) for the backwaters or the Travancore region (for both backwaters and beaches as Kovalam).

The roads to most of these places are pretty good; indeed scenic and lots of things to do. It depends on your choice. I havent covered north of Bangalore as I have done only Bangalore-pune; I have done Hyderabad but from Chennai.

so there you go; start route planning and JUST PUT THE PLACE AND BROWSE TBPHP - you will find enough and more.

best regards and a happy summer
Ram
Old 7th April 2009, 23:34   #3
BHPian

@ram: lovely suggestions, but would not most of the place be too hot? Except for Ooty, Kodai, Munnar and Coorg (may be).
Old 8th April 2009, 00:20   #4
BHPian

Hey if you can afford the same - well if you can afford a couple of grand a day for a four to six day period its the folllowing which rock apart from airfare.
1) Bangkok & Pattaya, Krabi
2) Singapore = lotta cheap bargains to be found.
3) Dubai - sales sales sales below margins sales
4) maldives - enjoy them while they last, good place, no more than 10 years life to the island.
5) Seychelles, again read as above.
6) Hong Kong/Singapore/Macau.

Hope this helps.
Unofficially Sam is the master of thailand. ask him.

cheers
Old 8th April 2009, 10:42   #5
BHPian

I tried to evaluate options for Thailand and Malaysia. The travel agent quotes abnormal charges. For a small family - [Me, My Wife and 5yr old Kid], the travel agent is charging 40K per person for 4N/5D trip to Malaysia.
I checked out MakeMyTrip as well, and found that the charges they show in exclusive of Taxes and other charges.

In this recession time, I thought better to spend time n some hill stations where the weather would be cool and serene rather than spending 1Lakh on 4-5days trip.

Anyways, thanks for your suggestions folks. More or less, I think I would be travelling to Ooty/Connoor/Kotagiri for 5Days.

In Ooty, I am planning to book LakeView. In Connoor, it may be MGM.

In Ooty, I heard about places very less visited. Avalanche and Emerald.
Can anybody provide me some info on these? I also heard its pure Wild forest. Can we stay there?
Old 8th April 2009, 11:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

for ooty, check following link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...adventure.html

btw, this thread should be in route /travel queries section.
Old 8th April 2009, 20:23   #7
BHPian

Thank you for the information.

Ultimately, decided about the place. Of course, after wifey and kid's approval.

We would be going to Ooty, Coonoor and Kotagiri.

3N/4D - Ooty
DAY1 - Relaxation
DAY2 - Visit Mukruthi, Avalanche, Emerald
DAY3 - Visit Toy Train, Boating, Rose Garden, Shopping
DAY4 - Relax

2N/3D - Coonoor
DAY1 - Sim's Park, Dolphin's Nose
DAY2 - BlackThunder Water Park
If possible, plan to visit Kotagiri/Kodanad Peak.
Old 8th April 2009, 20:29   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
for ooty, check following link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...adventure.html

btw, this thread should be in route /travel queries section.

Thats the travelogue on Kodaikanal and Munnar. On Ooty, Coonoor and Kothagiri there are many travelogues in the Travelogue section.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks