Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 13:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Raghu! Not fair; same photo! :(

This is becoming like one of those super-star movie... only the super-star in all the scenes!
Old 9th April 2009, 13:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Raghu! Not fair; same photo! :(

This is becoming like one of those super-star movie... only the super-star in all the scenes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Man, what is this? I can understand that The KING is the hero of this. But that does not mean it should be like only HIM on the screen. Even our superstar movies have some shot on screen for co-artist.

Be generous Mr. director!!!
Sorry guys will be posting more pictures in my next post and it was by mistake this picture was loaded of my first day of trip.

Thanks to all for waiting to have a look at the travelogue.Will complete it ASAP.

Last edited by gowda79 : 9th April 2009 at 13:35.
Old 9th April 2009, 13:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Some Pictures of the trip -

Me & My Niece
Madurai
My Bro - Kdeepakk
The King
Kanyakumari - Tip of India
Attached Thumbnails
The King who conquered Part of South India-picture-040.jpg  

The King who conquered Part of South India-picture-083.jpg  

The King who conquered Part of South India-picture-011.jpg  

The King who conquered Part of South India-picture-132.jpg  

The King who conquered Part of South India-picture-099.jpg  

gowda79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2009, 14:02   #19
BANNED

Thanks gowdre for the pics

I have nice memories of Kanyakumari, though i was there 15 yrs ago

That vivekananda memorial rock is a rocking place to be in. So serene and peaceful out there.

longing to go there someday soon.
Old 9th April 2009, 15:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Man, what is this? I can understand that The KING is the hero of this. But that does not mean it should be like only HIM on the screen. Even our superstar movies have some shot on screen for co-artist.
OT: Man, you also should give respect to the King first then all others will follow. The superstar movies does show the king first then all others will follow the suit like the co-stars and of course the heroin.

EDIT: @Raghu: We can safely assume that one pic of the king will be there in all the updates he does here.

Last edited by snaronikar : 9th April 2009 at 15:14.
Old 9th April 2009, 15:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
@Raghu: We can safely assume that one pic of the king will be there in all the updates he does here.
My god!!! We have dedicated a whole thread for the King pics and still you are not satisfied
Old 9th April 2009, 16:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My god!!! We have dedicated a whole thread for the King pics and still you are not satisfied
OT: Aare yaar, we need to respect "KING-the mighty conquerer" and his "GURU" also.
Old 9th April 2009, 17:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

1st Day 31-03-09

Guys there was no photographs taken on this day as this was a night drive -

After doing the entire route planning sometimes we have to change it in the last moment of the trip and same thing happened with us. We had planned to leave at 7am in the morning and reach Madurai in the afternoon but due to my niece who is in babysitting we had to change the timings of departure as she had to go to school to attend a function and collect her medals and cups.

So now the day 1 plan was under threat and started thinking of the plans, then we thought how much ever plans done there will be some or the other obstruction and we stopped doing the planning. I had got the vehicle filled at Shell and after all work we packed the Safari started from Kurubarahalli at 5.30pm and reached Yeshwantpur to pick cousin. From there we moved towards the Hosur Road and at this time the traffic is at the peak by the time we reached the electronic city it was already 7.30pm.

After Electronic city the road was smooth, I was on the driving seat and started picking speed reached the A2B very fast spent around 45mins had some chats, needed to finish some job connected my Reliance card sent out mail and checked out mapmyindia for the route. The road was getting better and better as you move on this road, the King was easily touching 140kmph and maintained a speed above 100kmph any given time on this stretch upto Salem around 220kms.

On our way we crossed the Krishnagiri, Kaveripattinam, Kariamangalam, Dharmapuri, Kadayampatti, Omalur, Karuppur. We paid toll fee at 2 place on this road and I do not remember the amount(if I am not wrong it should be Rs.28 and Rs.48) and was happy to pay them as the roads were very well maintained and enjoyed driving. I suddenly smelt something burning inside the vehicle could not guess what that was and was 100% sure nothing with my King and when we reached Salem we came to know the reason for burning smell it was my brother who was burning of jealousy to drive The King on this road.

When we reached Salem and saw a board saying Madurai go straight on the 1st circle and we were checking out hotels for dinner as it was already late they were closed and kdk needed to draw some cash we stopped at SBI at the 2nd circle and did not see any deviation for Madurai and we continued straight. Then we found 3rd circle and a hotel next to it and we thought of having something to eat but unfortunately the hotel serves only plain dosa and paratha, which I did not have ordered for juice for everyone.

When I reached The King, my brother was on the driver seat and now the burning started on my side. We continued on the same road assuming that we were on the correct road and forgot to check on the route with the locals. We were driving on this single road and somewhere in our mind we had a doubt that we were on the wrong route. We reached Attur 51kms from Salem and on the way we had crossed Ayothiapattinam, Ethapur, Pethanaickenpalayam, Narasingapuram.

In Attur we spoke to a Petrol Bunk guy and he says inge ponge ange ponge(go this way, go that way) then a person walks towards us and gives directions in tamil and we could understand him and as per his suggestion we took Narasingapuram, Tirumanur, karkoodalpatti, Namagirpettai, Rasipuram and joined NH 7, totally we had to travel 50kms to join back to NH7. One wrong deviation and we lost time, route and had to travel 100kms to come back to the correct road. Once we joined Namakkal from there the road was smooth but the diversions and construction work of the NH7 took time in our driving. We took occasional (3-4times – 15min)breaks on the roadside tea vendors for tea and to say about these guys the tea they prepare tastes well and keeps you awake. On our way to Madurai we touched Karur & Dindigul and as mentioned by Ice in his travelogue –

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
The road from Karur to Madurai via Dindigul is horrible, to say the least. Except for occasional stretches of 3-5 kms. each, the roads require some very careful driving. The points where the new road meets the old road are completely disregarded, with 6" bumps greeting you with nary a marking. The 20 km. marking the entry to Madurai town deserve special mention in this award of horrors, with the road degenrating into a scarred dual carriageway littered with unruly traffic.
Ice to say the truth for us it was a cake walk as we were on the king and could not feel the potholes and un tarmac roads. By the time we reached Madurai it was 3.30am in the morning thanks for the diversions and no proper milestones. If this is taken care by the Tamil Nadu government it will be very good. We had booked our rooms at M.R.International at Rs.1200/- per night with AC and to say expensive Hotel. By the time we hit the Bed it was 4am and the meter reading was showing 537kms.

Last edited by gowda79 : 9th April 2009 at 17:19.
gowda79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2009, 17:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No No No... Not acceptable. Its same pic as first post with some more zoom out

Be generous Mr. director!!!
I agree, bring the other pics fast !!
Nice start BTW

Abhi
Old 9th April 2009, 17:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Guys there was no photographs taken on this day as this was a night drive -
Gowdre, neevu Thirthankar Basu avaardu driveblog oodidera...he usually takes off in night and we have the pics of the night also to enjoy....but it depends from oerson to person though.
Old 9th April 2009, 18:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Gowdre, neevu Thirthankar Basu avaardu driveblog oodidera...he usually takes off in night and we have the pics of the night also to enjoy....but it depends from oerson to person though.
I have read it and appreciate his drive blog and appreciate his spirit in driving at nights.

When he is driving he is alone and spends time on the road, but we were on a lonely roads along with the family did not want to take chance of stopping and taking pictures.
Old 9th April 2009, 18:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I reached The King, my brother was on the driver seat and now the burning started on my side. We continued on the same road assuming that we were on the correct road and forgot to check on the route with the locals. We were driving on this single road and somewhere in our mind we had a doubt that we were on the wrong route. We reached Attur 51kms from Salem and on the way we had crossed Ayothiapattinam, Ethapur, Pethanaickenpalayam, Narasingapuram.

Umm, seems you did the same mistake I did in this junction. A sign board is a MUST in this junction. Luckily I was not that far.
Old 9th April 2009, 18:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Looks like long trip there Gowda. Did you chaps visit Dhanuskodi , its a must do if you visit Madurai or Rameswaram.

Quote:
I suddenly smelt something burning inside the vehicle could not guess what that was and was 100% sure nothing with my King and when we reached Salem we came to know the reason for burning smell it was my brother who was burning of jealousy to drive The King on this road.
Quote:
When I reached The King, my brother was on the driver seat and now the burning started on my side.
You chaps seem to be in the business of burning stuff !! However what was burning and was it a serious issue ? Did you have to call TASS for that ?

Quote:
We had booked our rooms at M.R.International at Rs.1200/- per night with AC and to say expensive Hotel.
Well in TN you did would be surprised to know that most of the hotels average out at about 1800 per night. If I were to compare it Karnataka, am sure karnataka is better off in terms of hotel pricing.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 9th April 2009 at 18:42.
Old 9th April 2009, 18:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Looks like long trip there Gowda. Did you chaps visit Dhanuskodi , its a must do in if you visit Madurai or Rameswaram.

You chaps seem to be in the business of burning stuff !! However what was burning and was it a serious issue ? Did you have to call TASS for that ?
Quote:
I suddenly smelt something burning inside the vehicle could not guess what that was and was 100% sure nothing with my King and when we reached Salem we came to know the reason for burning smell it was my brother who was burning of jealousy to drive The King on this road.
Riju as mentioned it was sorted after he took the wheels on the further trip towards Madurai.

Whereas Dhanuskodi was not done as we reached Rameshwaram in the night and was too late to go to that place.
Old 9th April 2009, 19:03   #30
Team-BHP Support

Why is it that The King in all its pics seems to look like Elton John with his arms stretched out wide?

To ask the typical question, what was the mileage you got on this trip?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks