Team-BHP - GQ Run II (Golden Quadrilateral Run II)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   GQ Run II (Golden Quadrilateral Run II) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/56510-gq-run-ii-golden-quadrilateral-run-ii-7.html)

SWIFT

As stated before the Swift is an excellent machine. I am on the rear seat and the way GSM is driving, it feels as if I am sitting on some flying sofa.

The wind noise at 110-120kmph is like a Jet Roar which entices me.

Great going guys. Keep up the tempo.

BT: We expect nice driveblog from you pretty soon with the captions as usual.

They are now 80km from allahabad. Go go go!

I key this as we are cruising at 100kmph sundown.

just crossed Varanasi Town after samosa and tea.

The air smells of Chameli Ka phool (jasmine) . There is a romantic tinge in the air here, though the area is full of thugs. Saw couple of pretty women at a Petrol Bunk Dhaba (married with kids) and one poster that turns the local on - Chetna the Romantic Thriller is being shown at Local Theatres.

white cow phenomena

GSM has been facing cows crossing our path since morning and incidentally all but the one at allahabad were white.

Mow !

Great up to date report on the distances crossed folks.

Basu, when you can post a teaser picture of the movie running in Varanasi, why not some that show the landscapes with your traditional funny captions?

When do you reach Delhi?

on encouragement of Phamilyman, we are just 50kms from Kanpur.

Everyone else, I have depleted batteries of my Laptop, camera and Cellphone, so no photo posting. My mobile inverter can Only take 1 plug, so cellphone getting charged.

More surpriSes on store.
Stick on

Reached Kanpur at midnight and called it a day.

Allahabad strech of two lane took more than one hour :(

Starting in 5 min

Please update me when are you about to reach NE-1.
I would like to come for a small meet with you all.

Shiv is an expert Driver in total control of his vehicle. Never does he blink when monstrous trucks approach from opposite, as I saw in the Allahabad-Kanpur stretch yesterday night. Hats off Man!

And Thanks to you both for allowing me to ride with you till Kanpur.

I will be posting my photos in a separate thread as they have a different theme and for not to clutter this thread with too many photos with comments etc.

Update:11:30AM

They were passing Agra so the drive so far was fast. They plan to break for lunch at Delhi and be outskirts of Delhi onto Jaipur Road by 3:30PM.

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 1257868)
Update:11:30AM

They were passing Agra so the drive so far was fast. They plan to break for lunch at Delhi and be outskirts of Delhi onto Jaipur Road by 3:30PM.

Abhi

They got stuck on the outskirts of Agra. Half an hour back they were 135 kms short of Delhi. I would estimate another three hours or so before they cross Gurgaon & hit decent three digit speeds on NH8

Update: 2:30PM

They are passing Faridabad at the moment. They plan to meet Suman while passingg Delhi.

Abhi

Damn !! How could I miss this one !! And I see this on the day they pass Agra !!

Update: 5:40PM

They are passing Behror at this time. Special thanks to Suman who helped them pass Delhi onto Jaipur Highway (NH8) very fast.

Abhi