Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2009, 00:30   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
I'm in Bangalore. Let's plan a trip to Koraput, sunabeda sometimes when recession is over. May be another 1-2 years.

Sure Dude .. Any time ...
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:53   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I've visted Sunabeda and Damanjodi in the year 2001 and loved the bauxite mines and the NALCO guest house. Drove down from Vizag on my M800---it was a lovely drive on the Salur/Sunki ghat.
Owing to constraints of time, could not venture further. I'm told there is a lot to see in Koraput and Bastar.
You must have enjoyed that trip. I'm sure there are lots to see in those areas.
Old 3rd May 2009, 13:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
You must have enjoyed that trip. I'm sure there are lots to see in those areas.
Certainly--memories of the trip still linger on. I've lived the first 2 decades of my life in Orissa and there are some splendid places to visit---like Taptapani sulphur springs on the forested hills near Berhampur, and Tikarpara on the banks of the Mahanadi near Angul. Not many seem to have travelled to Taptapani, though someone recently posted fab pics of Tikarpara and Satkosia gorge on this forum.
Old 4th May 2009, 06:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Not many seem to have travelled to Taptapani, though someone recently posted fab pics of Tikarpara and Satkosia gorge on this forum.
I visited Taptapani during 2002. While the OTDC Panthashala at Taptapani is a splendid place to stay amidst the forests, the sulpher springs of Taptapani is not that well maintained. It would have been great, if the bathing ghats were clean and hygenic. Its probably because of the lack of tourists that the authorities do not feel the urge to put in much effort around the springs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks