Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2009, 16:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nithin,

Good travalogue with photos... keep them flowing.

Reminds me of my trip from Kerala to Ahmedabad in June 2008, had lots of rains for company on this stretch, was caught in a big one. The road seems to have improved a lot since then.

========
Old 2nd May 2009, 16:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Good travalogue with nice pics.I have done many trips Blr-Hyd-Blr few years back and reckon it to be a good experiance.
Old 2nd May 2009, 18:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good pics and details, Nithin.
Would I be right in assuming that 40% of the 600 km run is 4-laned?
Old 2nd May 2009, 19:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithinnarayanan View Post
Hi Friends,

So from the service centre we went to the car spa (at Total mall ) for interior cleaning and polishing. It was almost 10 pm when we got the car back from car spa.

Got the car ready after wheel alignment and balancing by 11am on sunday 5th April.
So we are all set for the trip.
Good trip. How is the Car Spa at Total mall( I guess it's Sarjapur Total). How long you waited for your car only for cleaning and how much they charged? Is it worth going there? Just curious.
Old 2nd May 2009, 20:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Nithin,

Good travalogue with photos... keep them flowing.

Reminds me of my trip from Kerala to Ahmedabad in June 2008, had lots of rains for company on this stretch, was caught in a big one. The road seems to have improved a lot since then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Good travalogue with nice pics.I have done many trips Blr-Hyd-Blr few years back and reckon it to be a good experiance.
Thanks Ramkey and Hillram. This is a good road compared to the Kolkata ~ Vizag road. The work on the road is also happening at a good pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Good pics and details, Nithin.
Would I be right in assuming that 40% of the 600 km run is 4-laned?
Thanks vnabhi, I would say almost 55% of the road is 4-laned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Good trip. How is the Car Spa at Total mall( I guess it's Sarjapur Total). How long you waited for your car only for cleaning and how much they charged? Is it worth going there? Just curious.
Thanks buddy. The Car Spa @ Total Mall Sarjapur Road is very good compared to all those attached to A.S.S. I gave both the cars (alto & indica) at around 7 PM and got back the cars by 10 pm. So they took 3 hrs for the interior washing/cleaning/shampooing, exterior washing and polishing.
The cost was around 700 each. I negotiated for 1200 for both the cars .
This is a good place to get your car interior and exterior cleaning and detailing done. I would recommend this place to everyone. You can meet a guy called Rajneesh to get the best deals compared to the A.S.S.

As Mansi (@manaa45) has mentioned in her thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...ealership.html) never get any accessories or detailing done from the A.S.S of any of the car manufacturers.

Its worth going there. Make sure you are not carrying any luggage when you go there (It will be difficult for them to take care of your luggage and do their work also).
Leave your car with them and go shopping in the mall.
By the time you finish your shopping, the car is ready.
It takes average 2.5 to 3 hrs for them to do the job.
I would suggest you to take the car on weekdays preferably in the evenings or at ones convenience to get better job done as the weekends are crowded.

Last edited by nithinnarayanan : 2nd May 2009 at 20:21.
Old 3rd May 2009, 00:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks buddy. The Car Spa @ Total Mall Sarjapur Road is very good compared to all those attached to A.S.S. I gave both the cars (alto & indica) at around 7 PM and got back the cars by 10 pm. So they took 3 hrs for the interior washing/cleaning/shampooing, exterior washing and polishing.
The cost was around 700 each. I negotiated for 1200 for both the cars .
This is a good place to get your car interior and exterior cleaning and detailing done. I would recommend this place to everyone. You can meet a guy called Rajneesh to get the best deals compared to the A.S.S.

As Mansi (@manaa45) has mentioned in her thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...ealership.html) never get any accessories or detailing done from the A.S.S of any of the car manufacturers.

Its worth going there. Make sure you are not carrying any luggage when you go there (It will be difficult for them to take care of your luggage and do their work also).
Leave your car with them and go shopping in the mall.
By the time you finish your shopping, the car is ready.
It takes average 2.5 to 3 hrs for them to do the job.
I would suggest you to take the car on weekdays preferably in the evenings or at ones convenience to get better job done as the weekends are crowded.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I'll try it once.
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nithin,

Great Travelogue. I am looking forward for next stages.
I am planning for my first Bangalore - Hyderabad some time in October/November.
Your posts will help me for sure.
thanks very much.
Old 3rd May 2009, 14:45   #23
BHPian

Part 4

1500 hrs Kotha 450 Kms
We cross Kotha. Its Burning Outside.

My Maiden drive - Bangalore to Hyderabad-image451.jpg

My Maiden drive - Bangalore to Hyderabad-image452.jpg

The Road is Super and one can cruise at an average speed of 90 Kmph.

My Maiden drive - Bangalore to Hyderabad-image453.jpg

1525 hrs L&T Toll Plaza 470 Kms
We pay the toll at the L&T Toll plaza and continue.

My Maiden drive - Bangalore to Hyderabad-image456.jpg

Now we are running low on fuel.(Did not fill up before we started as the guage was showing more than ¾ full.)
So we look for petrol pumps on to our left.

My Maiden drive - Bangalore to Hyderabad-image457.jpg

We stop at a pump near Kaverammapeta.
We stop the car and a guy comes running to the car yelling saaar petrol leathu (Sir no petrol).
So we ask him about the next pump. He says next pump on the right side below the flyover or after 10km on the right side.
We continue in search of the next pump.
We miss the U turn for the first pump, so we decide to continue to the next pump 10km ahead.
Now the fuel gauge needle came down to red.

My Maiden drive - Bangalore to Hyderabad-image458.jpg

After about 10kms we see the pump on the right side and decide to take the wrong side from the cut 200mtrs before the pump (could not help it as we were running out of fuel and didn’t know where the next cut in the median is.).
Reached the pump to see, NO Stock board for Petrol and Diesel.
So we continue in search of the next pump which was at Rajapur as per the guy at this pump.
If we don’t get it in Rajapur we may have the tank empty. In this tension we totally forgot that we did not have Lunch.
As the first priority was FUEL than food, we continue our search.

2 B Continued..

Last edited by nithinnarayanan : 3rd May 2009 at 14:47.
Old 3rd May 2009, 15:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now we are running low on fuel.(Did not fill up before we started as the guage was showing more than ¾ full.)
So we look for petrol pumps on to our left.
==========

As the first priority was FUEL than food, we continue our search.

2 B Continued..
Now things are really getting exciting, No Lunch, RED fuel indicator, No fuel station till rajapur, it seems you are writing a thriller
i am waiting to read the next chapter.
Old 3rd May 2009, 20:05   #25
BHPian

Part 5

We approach Rajapur,
Now we are looking for a pump but did not notice a BP pump on the service road on our left.
We stop 100 mtrs ahead and reverse to the cut where we can take the service road.
As we enter the pump we noticed a huge line 2 wheelers for petrol.
Curious about this, enquired with the pump fellow who was standing next to the Diesel vending machine.
He said that the petrol has just arrived 2 hrs back and may be over in an hour or two.
We filled for only Rs:500/- as the pump did not accept cards and were worried about the quality of the fuel looking at the state of the pump itself.
We decided to fill the tank once we reach Gachibowali.

So few more suggestion to all :
1. Please fill your car at Ananthpur, Gooty or Kurnool in case you want to fill up midway.
2. Please carry enough cash for Fuel as most of the pumps do not accept cards or the swiping machine/telephone line is not working.

So at last Fuel tension is over. Now what..

We are feeling HUNGRY.

We started looking for dhabas, but could not find a good one.

It started to rain as we approached Balanagar.

Its 4pm and we were very hungry.
We are approaching Shadnagar.

1620 hrs Shadnagar 540 Kms

Receive a call from one of the friend enquiring about our whereabouts.

Friend : Guys.. Where have you reached ?
Me : Shadnagar
Friend : Ok, I am at Gachibowali.
Me : Do you know any good place on the way to have food ?
Friend: Why ?
Me: Did not have lunch till now.
Friend : Why ? did you have late breakfast ?
Me : No. Were looking for Fuel and totally forgot about food. Now we are damn Hungry.
Friend: Ok, as you have crossed Shadnagar it will hardly take 30~45 min for you to reach Gachibowli. I am waiting for you at Dominos.
Me : OK, See you in 30 min.

We cross Shamshabad and take the Ring road
1645 hrs Shamshabad (ORR Jn) 575 Kms

My Maiden drive - Bangalore to Hyderabad-image459.jpg

The 4lane ring road in under construction and is 2 lane in most of the places.

My Maiden drive - Bangalore to Hyderabad-image460.jpg

My Maiden drive - Bangalore to Hyderabad-image461.jpg

1710 hrs Gachibowli 595 Kms

We reach Domino's at Gachibowali where a white Fabia was waiting on the main road with hazard lights on. We pulled over in front of the car and meet our dear friend who was waiting for the past 45min.

We ordered some pizzas with coke and sit there talking about the whole experience of the trip to our friend.
After having food we leave from there promising our friend to meet tomorrow.
We had spent almost an hour there.

1800 hrs Gachibowli 595 Kms

From here the drive was smooth as we were filled up.
Reach home in 15 minutes.

1815 hrs Lingampalli (Home) 603 Kms

So here comes the end of day one.
After 13 Hrs, 603Kms and 7 Breaks

2 B Continued..

Last edited by nithinnarayanan : 3rd May 2009 at 20:18.
Old 9th May 2009, 23:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nithin,

Good to read that you had a nice ending to your journey without any further un-wanted delays. thanks for all the details.
Old 10th May 2009, 02:41   #27
ovr

Interesting suspense

Dr saab, I am enjoying every bit of your travelogue and I am on a virtual tour with you!

Your writing, along with the captivating pictures makes this travelogue all the more interesting. All the pictures are so down to earth realistic, speaking volumes about the actual India. I appreciate your eye for these "routine" scenes, which stand out from other photographs. They make me realize how special these scenes are and how I miss them - Thank you so much for sharing.

Your Webshots albums are equally interesting and I loved the pictures there too. Thank you for providing the link. Did you use the same Sony DSC H3 camera for the Pirotan Island, Jamnagar album also?
Old 10th May 2009, 05:18   #28
ovr

oops - made a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovr View Post
Dr saab, I am enjoying every bit of your travelogue and I am on a virtual tour with you!
nithinnarayanan, You may be wondering why is the salutation as Dr.saab - I am sorry, this was a reply to SS-Traveller's "Delhi-Kolkata : Trip#26 on NH-2" and I still am wondering how it got in here.

@Moderators, will it be possible to move the quoted post to SS-Traveller's "Delhi-Kolkata : Trip#26 on NH-2" please?

@nithinnarayanan, looking forward to the continuation from day 2 of your trip.
Thank you and sorry again.
Old 12th May 2009, 14:37   #29
BHPian

Great trip and the travellogue - thanks!

I too am planning for a trip from hyd to bangalore and then the very next day from bangalore to Palakkad in with family...in this context, just a small question...you did not mention about any hotel which has clock-room facilities through this long stretch. Anything you came across?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks