Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2009, 20:15   #1
BHPian

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle

Dear Tbhpians,

This is my another trip to Konkan and this time it was Dapoli. Actually this trip was planned to visit my college friend at Dapoli and to see his new born daughter! I started for Dapoli from Thane on 4th April at 6.30Am and enroute another friend joined me at Belapur. The route which we took is
Thane 0
Panvel 35 Take NH17, Goa Highway, Turn Right
Pen 32
Vadagal Phata 5 Turn Left, straight goes to Alibag
Pali 26
Indapur 26
Managaon 10
Mahad BP 25
Pholadpur 24 Ghats begin
Khed 36 There is a right branch (not a proper right turn) going Dapoli where you deviate from NH17.
Dapoli 27
Murud Beach 7

We stopped at Amantran Hotel in Vadkhal for having breakfast at 8Am. We had Poha(not that great, avoid) and Tea and proceeded by 8.20Am. Then we did a non stop journey till Poladpur. We had a small tea halt on Kashedi ghat for 15 min. There are 2-3 small hotels exactly opposite to Police Chowky serving tea and snacks on the Ghat. Tea was really good at this place. Then we finally made it to Dapoli at 11.30Am. We all had a nice and heavy lunch at my friends home and had chat for about an hour going back in time and discussing about good old college days!! Then we decided to go to Murud Beach which is about 7km from dapoli. On the way we also been to Agriculture University at Dapoli. It has a huge campus and the ‘Green House’ is worth visiting. There are lots of colorful flowers cultivated inside that green house. Then we visited murud beach. The waters are clear but the beach is not visually appealing. First of all, its not clean and the sands are wet because during high tide the sands get wet. You have to carry news paper or mat if you want to sit on the beach. My friend told me that it is one of the safest beaches to enjoy the water since the slope is gradual. There are lots of resort and holiday homes near the beach where the tourist can stay. There is a place called Anjarle where there is a ganpati temple, but due to lack of time and tiredness we dropped the plan to go to that temple. I have heard that there is a lake near that temple. One can get a magnificient view of Arabian sea from Anjarle road. The road to Anjarle passes through a small mountain and from certain point you can view the Arabian sea in full glory!
There is also a fishing village called Harnai where fish is auctioned, but even this place was skipped due to lack of time. We returned to my friends home at 8pm and again had one of the best marvadi food for dinner and retired to sleep.

Next day me and my friend started at 4.45Am in morning at reached Panvel by 8.30 Am. Only stopped for tea at the same place in Kashedi Ghat. I dropped my friend at Belapur at 8.45 and I reached Thane by 9.15Am. My friend suggested a route completely unknown to me by which we could totally bypass Panvel town and kalamboli. This route takes you straight to Palm Beach marg. After Pen, when you are just about to touch panvel, there is signboard stating left turn to Mumbai and JNPT. The roads are excellent, but you have to pay Rs.20 Toll tax to use this road. After the toll plaza, at certain distance about 3km, you have a right turn to old Panvel – Uran road. Normally people will tend to miss this right turn, we also missed it and went ahead in direction of JNPT, took a U turn and came back!! After driving on Panvel – Uran road for about 2km there is right turn to Vashi/Mumbai through Palm Beach road. CAUTION: There is 2-3 illegal speed breakers on this road constructed by villagers. At night during high speed it is fatal and can lead to serious accident! My explanation of this route is very vague since we ourselves were confused about the direction to this road from end of NH17. So any tbhpians traveled by this route can throw more light.

Pics will be uploaded shortly!!!
Cheers…
viv1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2009, 10:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Man,
seems it was hush hush travel.
You have missed a lot.
Rather than Murud beach, you should have visited Karde beach.
Skipped Anjarle, no matter as there is nothing but just a beautiful Ganapati temple and no, i had not seen any lake there. Route to Anjarle from Harnai is some what tricky.

waiting for pics.
Old 13th April 2009, 10:43   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Man,
seems it was hush hush travel.
You have missed a lot.
Rather than Murud beach, you should have visited Karde beach.
Skipped Anjarle, no matter as there is nothing but just a beautiful Ganapati temple and no, i had not seen any lake there. Route to Anjarle from Harnai is some what tricky.

waiting for pics.
Yes. it was a hush hush travel. Our main motto was only reunion of friends and see my friends new born daughter.
My friend told that Karde beach is made up of mostly rocks and not much of beach, is it true?

'Route to Anjarle from Harnai is some what tricky.' --> I didnt get this.. My description is tricky or the route?

Pics will be uploded by today evening!!

Cheers..
Old 13th April 2009, 11:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv1984 View Post
My friend told that Karde beach is made up of mostly rocks and not much of beach, is it true?
'Route to Anjarle from Harnai is some what tricky.' --> I didnt get this.. My description is tricky or the route?
karde beach.
Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00796.jpg
Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00832.jpg

when you go from harnai to anjarle, there are lot of twist and turns and y forks without ant signage. as there may not be anyone to show the correct route, there are high chances of loosing the route.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2009, 19:17   #5
BHPian

Uploading pics........
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00398.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00399.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00402.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00404.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00407.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00417.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00418.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00420.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00422.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00424.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00429.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00431.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00434.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00437.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00438.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00444.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00445.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00450.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00452.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00461.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00463.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00464.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00465.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00473.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00474.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00475.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00476.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00488.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00489.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00491.jpg  

viv1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2009, 20:19   #6
BHPian

New set of pics.....
Pls.. can any one tell me how to insert caption while attaching pics... I tried hard to find this option, but in vain. I want to tell lot about the pics, but unable to insert captions.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00493.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00494.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00501.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00504.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00508.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00512.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00513.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00516.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00522.jpg  

Mumbai (Thane) - Dapoli - Murud - Anjarle-dsc00524.jpg  

viv1984 is offline   (1) Thanks