Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2009, 18:27   #76
BHPian

Mesmerizing pictures Sam. It looks too good to be trure. It is a dream city for sure.

Is this Aamby Valley part of Lavasa city being devoloped by HCC?

Now, I have a small concern. Why the government is not developing these beautiful hill stations with lakes for tourism. Instead, they are selling it to corporates and converting them into a private property.

If these projects become successful, this trend may continue and the entire western ghats running from Kerala all the way up to Maharashtra and Gujarat may end up in the hands of corporates and become the pleasure of few rich and wealthy.
Old 15th April 2009, 18:29   #77
BHPian

Wow-- the moonrise pics are really something!!

It seems quite late for the moon to rise, though. I thought it's usually up and about before dusk!

Is that a plane's lights in the first moonrise picture?
Old 15th April 2009, 18:36   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Is that a plane's lights in the first moonrise picture?
interesting observation sir.

maybe its the ufo hovering around the aamby valley ,aliens do visit this place for their annual vacation before they decide to go to area 51

sam bhai: lucky you man
Old 15th April 2009, 18:58   #79
Senior - BHPian

Phew ! Whataplace !

So perfect that I was consciously looking for imperfections. And the CRT TV in the room seemed kinda out of place.
Old 15th April 2009, 21:43   #80
Team-BHP Support

This is truly a beautiful place, its surreal and sweet thanks to Sam Kapasi.
Old 15th April 2009, 21:47   #81
Team-BHP Support

Sam, you've lost weight since I last saw your photographs in your Christmas blog !!
Congratulations
Old 15th April 2009, 23:51   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Is this Aamby Valley part of Lavasa city being devoloped by HCC?
No. This is not in any way related to that project. Neither is it close in location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
the pleasure of few rich and wealthy.
I was speaking to Jenny about this while we were there.

Parks, nature. lakes, fishing, walking, clean air, birds. These are very basic things in some countries, things that you are entitled to even when you have no money or anything.
Here, they are luxuries that are enjoyed by the wealthy. At least the ones around Bombay.

You can even have beautiful places, but what about the fact that we (as a people in general) will cover those beautiful places with empty packets of Lays and Manikchand and empty bottles of Kingfisher and Bisleri? The only people that can control that is us! What to do?

But I'm rambling...
Old 16th April 2009, 00:33   #83
BANNED

Wasn't Anna Kournikova gifted a property here? Where is she now?
Old 16th April 2009, 00:35   #84
BHPian

Wouldn't we all like to know!
Old 16th April 2009, 01:37   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
I do love a good-looking bathroom. (Three posts up!)

Steeroid: AFAIK Amby Valley is some sort of private township being developed by the Sahara Group. The Indian cricket team were given bungalows there a couple of years ago, I think. Googling it will fill in the gaps in both our knowledge.
Yep, the entire team (including the extras and coach) of the 2003 cricket world cup was given a bungalow each. In fact, if you recall, their team jerseys had Amby Valley written over them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Have heard about this place a few years ago when Sahara gifted houses to some of our famous cricketers. More recently there was a thread about BMW showcasing their cars there. Nice pictures sam. I do see an esteem in the last pic. He he.
Must be the driver's
Old 16th April 2009, 09:43   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Steer is absolutely right guys. But OK - let's go for a quick English lesson here.
Thanks for the quick lesson. Quite informative Sam. And I stand corrected
Old 16th April 2009, 10:24   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
what about the fact that we (as a people in general) will cover those beautiful places with empty packets of Lays and Manikchand and empty bottles of Kingfisher and Bisleri? The only people that can control that is us! What to do?
When I first came to India I got involved in something called the Hash House Harriers. One of people I met there was a girl called Olivia (Sam might know here as she was from Bandra). Poor girl would abomish the members of the HHH not the litter but even thss "educated" lot did not pay much attention.

On another unrelated incident I saw a owner of a Mercedez Benz roll down the window of his car (while it was parked) and spew out a stream of paan. When I tried to address him (on this issue) he got mad and then his driver tried to beat me up (the driver and I actually traded a few blows).

After a while (a few years) I have learnt to pay a blind eye to this. I still teach my kids (son and his friends) not to litter but do not address this issue with people I dont know well.
Old 16th April 2009, 10:36   #88
Senior - BHPian

SO true, infact anything nice is exploited in every possible way...trees are cut, if there is a lake again it is dirtied . best examples are most of the tourist destinations.

navin, that's bad! i guess morons can never be thought and offlate many educated people doing such horrible acts!

I guess people in this country love to live in a polluted/dirty environment!

Quote:
No. This is not in any way related to that project. Neither is it close in location.

I was speaking to Jenny about this while we were there.

Parks, nature. lakes, fishing, walking, clean air, birds. These are very basic things in some countries, things that you are entitled to even when you have no money or anything.
Here, they are luxuries that are enjoyed by the wealthy. At least the ones around Bombay.

You can even have beautiful places, but what about the fact that we (as a people in general) will cover those beautiful places with empty packets of Lays and Manikchand and empty bottles of Kingfisher and Bisleri? The only people that can control that is us! What to do?

But I'm rambling...

Last edited by lohithrao : 16th April 2009 at 10:41.
Old 16th April 2009, 10:42   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Sam, you've lost weight since I last saw your photographs in your Christmas blog !!
Congratulations
All Effects of Love in Life, My Boy

PS: I don't think Sam is Married ? Or Is it that I am way behind in time
Old 16th April 2009, 11:10   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Amby Valley is sure a beautiful place, been there on a day long trip.

The thing is that in India the government takes honest tax payers & its citizens for granted. A silly but true comparison is that basic facilities/amenities like parks, open spaces are like abs + airbags in cars, provided at a premium to Indians.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks