Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2009, 00:04   #1
BHPian

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur

10-11-12 April was holiday. Bangalore is almost empty. But for us 10th Good Friday had to go to office, Bad luck. On top of that worked till late evening. Came home and not able to decide where to go. Most of the places are already booked Or too expensive. Called few people in wayanad at late night but was no one was confirming the accomodation. My wife too called few places in Sakleshpura but same there too. Decided to drive @ 6 towards mysore road and slept. Just note down some Ph no from net of some accomodation.

We got up early and left home by 6:30. Tank up the fuel and start driving towards Mysore. Crossed Bidadi,Janapadaloka. Now its time to decide our destination and also feeling hungry. Stopped at KAMAT Upachar but the people are very un-friendly and over crowded. Me and wify decided to leave the place and go for McDonald and finish our BreakFast. My wife asked me to call a Homestay owner from Saklsehpura whom she called yesterday to know the accomodation status and rate. Tried to call quite few time, But network was not reachable or busy :( Still not able to decide Mysore, Wayanad, Sakleshpura or some thing else. Called up again to the same guy, managed to talk with him with my broken Kannada Speaking Skill He offered us a good package for accomodation and food. Finally decided the destination to Sakleshpure. He told the it will take 4 hrs from Mandya.I talked to his Son and also refer my Atlas book for the route. Started our journey towards Sakleshpur.Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-001.jpg

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-015.jpg

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-036.jpg

Hungry Fish

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-077.jpg

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-102.jpg

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-124.jpg

Attachment 125277

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-026.jpg

Jeep Ride.

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-104.jpg

My 12X zoom was not sufficient to catch this Beauty.

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-090.jpg

Its T time.

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-076.jpg

To be Continued ...
Old 15th April 2009, 12:26   #2
BHPian

We get to read very few travelogs about Sakleshpur although it is quite a beautiful place.

Will be interested to hear the rest of your story.

Also, please share your opinion about the resorts.

BTW, where did you feed the fish?
Old 15th April 2009, 12:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

So, a trip started without a destination.... Coool. That too with family.

Btw, what is that in front of the jeep called? A 2 legged winch???
Old 15th April 2009, 14:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

So Random and directionless drive lead you somewhere. nevertheless, the final choice of destination was great.
Although never stayed in Sakleshwar but went passed it many a times while going towards Coastal Karnataka and we always admired its nearby beautiful scenaries.

Eager to see some more pics. Where did you stay in the night? How many people were in your group?

Abhi
Old 15th April 2009, 14:40   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankaranand View Post
We get to read very few travelogs about Sakleshpur although it is quite a beautiful place.
Will be interested to hear the rest of your story.
Also, please share your opinion about the resorts.
BTW, where did you feed the fish?
Its real nice place. I think after mansoon it will be more beautiful. We saw the fish in near by pond. Will post the Pic.

I have updated the resort details in another thread. (Accommodation and Rate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
So, a trip started without a destination.... Coool. That too with family.
Yha, a legged natural, non-mechanical Winch

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
So Random and directionless drive lead you somewhere. nevertheless, the final choice of destination was great.
Eager to see some more pics. Where did you stay in the night? How many people were in your group?
Abhi
We stayed in a Home Stay. Me and my wife went from here. We met another couple there. So from there we went every where in group.

Last edited by arin_12 : 15th April 2009 at 14:42.
Old 15th April 2009, 14:41   #6
BHPian

Heard quite a few good things about Sakleshwar and here is another one. Please update this post with all the details on stay, food and places to watch in and around. Also, just want to check if we can drive in NHC?
Old 15th April 2009, 16:50   #7
BHPian

We have decided to follow the route:
Bangalore-Srirangapatnam-Krishnarajpet-Channarayapatna-Hassan-Sakleshpur-Hanbal

Started driving towards Srirangapatnam. Before entering the Srirangapatnam we took the right (SH19). After Crossing the Pandavapura Rail Station Gate We took the left (SH7). The road is nice though I can’t say great. Traffic also very less with double road. After a hour of driving Stopped for a Break and hand over the steering to my Wify. She drove well on this road as there is no road rage at all. I was enjoying The scenic route. After Hassan again I came back to driver sit as we were getting late. By that time I got call from the Mr. Tejpal (Homestay owner) asking where I am. He directed me to reach till Hanbal, his person will wait for me there. 3 KM after sakleshpur we took right to reach Hanbal. From here the road is a bit risky for the new comer. Though the road does not have any pot hole, it is a single
road and some time road have deep cut on both the side. So passing other vehicle is bit difficult. How ever we manage to reach the Hanbal with out any difficulty. As soon as we stopped there a person came with his Jeep and asked us to follow his Jeep. After 10 min of Jugle drive we reached Mr Tejpal's Homestay.

We meet another couple who reached there just 1 hrs back. Then as per suggestion by Mr. Tejpal we decided to have lunch and @ 4 PM we will go for a small round near by place. Exact 4-15 we started our Jeep for a complete diff kind of adventure. We first went to a pond and feed food to some fishes. Then we headed toward an ancient temple. Here is the fun A bunch of Honey Bee attacked us and we had to leave the place running. After escaping from the from Honey Bee we headed toward a hill. We started trekking to the pick but after crossing one hill Every one got exhausted and halts our further trekking. Took some nice pic, finished our evening Tea and snacks there. Made some Ph call from Hill-Top as the Network was is not available from the Homestay. Scenario was damn nice around the hill. The Jeep Driver showed a peacock on the top of the hill but could not manage to take a proper pic. My 12X zoom Camera failed to take the shot. By 7:30PM we came back to Homestay. By 10:00 PM we had nice Malnadu style food and by 11:00 PM we finished the day 1.
Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-049.jpg
Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-050.jpg

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-054.jpg
Small pond with Ancient Temple where we got a Bee Attack
Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-056.jpg

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-069.jpg
Mobile Ph not leaving us.
Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-091.jpg
Beautiful Lawn at Home stay.
Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-132.jpg
Old 16th April 2009, 12:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

@arin_12
Nice photos
As far as I know this pics have been taken from bettada devara gudi, Just after Develadakere. I have been to this place many times and did some off roading sometime back in hills. Good to see the freshly done roads to the hills.
A similar pic ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sush-006.jpg  

Old 16th April 2009, 13:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelog , where are the fusion pics sir? BTW how was the weather ?
Old 16th April 2009, 14:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue. Driving w/o planning and direction of destination is what I cannot do. BTW how many people were travelling with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
How does it look to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Although never stayed in Sakleshwar Abhi
Abhi it is Sakaleshpura in Kannada.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:01   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Nice travelogue. Driving w/o planning and direction of destination is what I cannot do. BTW how many people were travelling with you.
How does it look to you?
What to do ? Some time planned thing does not work out. Actually me and my friend supposed to go to Kodaikanal for 3 days. But he met an accident. So had to drop that plan.
Its me and my wife was traveling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Nice travelog , where are the fusion pics sir? BTW how was the weather ?
My Some of the fusion Pic is here...
Fusion 2007 - Sowmya's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP
Weather is Ok. Not too hot or cold. In fact morning it was full of mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
@arin_12
Nice photos
As far as I know this pics have been taken from bettada devara gudi, Just after Develadakere. I have been to this place many times and did some off roading sometime back in hills. Good to see the freshly done roads to the hills.
A similar pic ;-)
I dont know the exact place name. But from the pic it is same place. We had been to around 10KM away (Donahalli Village, Hanbal P.O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Heard quite a few good things about Sakleshwar and here is another one. Please update this post with all the details on stay, food and places to watch in and around. Also, just want to check if we can drive in NHC?
I have updated to place name in
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ion-rates.html

I am not sure about the GC of NHC. But that person has M800 and I saw a Indica in the Homestay. Indiaca didnt had any problem. Basiccally the From High way till Hanbal it was slightly more than single road. 2 Car can pass. But last 2 KM there was no proper road.

Last edited by arin_12 : 16th April 2009 at 15:03.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Ya I know it Srini, It was just a Typo.

Abhi
Old 16th April 2009, 17:45   #13
BHPian

Last Episode of the trip :)

Next day, we got up around 6:00 AM. It was a real nice view out side after a scorching summer in Bangalore. Full of Mist outside. Around 6:30 AM we went for a walk in the forest. Mr.Tejpal accompany us, and was explaining the place bit by bit. Came back to Homestay around after a 2 Hrs. Got ready for a small sight seen. After having a superb breakfast we got into our car and headed towared a Subramanya Temple and few other Ancient temple and places. He also suggested us to go to near by Falls but we didnt opt for that. Came back to Homestay aound 1 P.M. Had nice Lunch and left from there. We landed up at Nelamangala @ around 8 PM.It was a huge traffic jam due to the construction. At 10:30 PM we reached home, that ends this unplanned trip.

Morning Valley View

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-002.jpg

Negotiating Her way.

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-003.jpg

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-008.jpg

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-011.jpg

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-024.jpg

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-057.jpg

Transformation is going on.

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-058.jpg

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-060.jpg

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-061.jpg

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-064.jpg

Destination Not Yet Decided !!! Sakleshpur-sakleshpura-067.jpg
Old 16th April 2009, 17:52   #14
Senior - BHPian

Arindam nice travelogue/pics..

What are the charges? contact info?
Old 16th April 2009, 17:54   #15
BHPian

Bangalore-Srirangapatnam-Krishnarajpet-Channarayapatna-Hassan-Sakleshpur-Hanbal(300 KM)
Hanbal-Sakleshpur-Hassan-Channarayapatna-Kunigal-Yediyur-Bangalore(260 KM)
Around Hanbal(40KM)
Total Trip - 600 KM. (Hoouse-House)
Petrol - 2000Rs(Approx)

MakkiThitta Home Stay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks