Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2009, 13:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
BTW I heard work was happening in H.D Kote - Baveli road..Please let me know if any one had tried that route recently
Not that I saw something on those lines called being relaid/ being repaired during my recent trip to kabini(Jungle Lodges).

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 20th April 2009 at 13:23.
Old 20th April 2009, 13:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well you never highlighted the actual kuruva dweep and its beauty. This is where the Kabini splits and joins back further ahead...
Quote:
Sorry, I dont have many snaps to talk on Kuruva...
Here, let me give you a helping hand here. There are few snaps when I traveled there; travelogue @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...y-wayanad.html

There are a snap of the work going on there for the rafting; Boddy, are they done with that work? Is rafting possible now?
Old 20th April 2009, 13:55   #18
BHPian

Bobby, lovely travelogue and interesting pics. The resort looks quite nice. One question though, what was the tariff of the room you took/other rooms in the resort?
Old 20th April 2009, 14:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
There are a snap of the work going on there for the rafting; Boddy, are they done with that work? Is rafting possible now?
Thanks for that link, enjoyed reading it. I don't think they have any rafting facility in Kuruva.. That bamboo raft in the snap I guess is used by the local people. My little one jumped on it for some snaps. I will check this during my next visit (won't take long I promise).. One other interesting info, yesterday one of the Malayalam channels was running a show on Kutta and Tiruneelli temple. On the fork (right turn to Tirunelli, straight is Kuruva, shop is right on the fork) that goes to Tirunelli there is a small tea shop and it seems they make the best Unniappam ( traditional kerala sweet made with Jagary, small banana, coconut and lot other ingredients and deep fried in oil. Give a try if any BHPians are taking that road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnandi View Post
Bobby, lovely travelogue and interesting pics. The resort looks quite nice. One question though, what was the tariff of the room you took/other rooms in the resort?
During my visit it was not fully operational, check this link for the recent tariff.. you can bargain out some discounts Tariff, Wayanad Resort, Kuruva Island Resort, Wayanad Holidays, Pepper Green Village

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2009 at 22:55. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to the resort owner couple of days back for booking for my next trip. He is a captain in merchant navy (Capt. Saju +91 9447916176, + 91 9745129629) and was enthu to hear about the posts in Team BHP (he is another travel freak and had joined our group on my reference).

He is offering a 15% disc to all team BHP members on the room rate. Tariff in site in inclusive of food, deduct 500 (food rate) from the tariff and apply 15% discount for Team BHP rates. Sounds like a good deal. Told him to post this Team BHP Site, but he was finding it difficult (usability issues),posting this on the thread for benefit of all members.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to the resort owner couple of days back for booking for my next trip. He is a captain in merchant navy (Capt. Saju +91 9447916176, + 91 9745129629) and was enthu to hear about the posts in Team BHP (he is another travel freak and had joined our group on my reference).

He is offering a 15% disc to all team BHP members on the room rate. Tariff in site in inclusive of food, deduct 500 (food rate) from the tariff and apply 15% discount for Team BHP rates. Sounds like a good deal. Told him to post this Team BHP Site, but he was finding it difficult (usability issues),posting this on the thread for benefit of all members.
Thanks for the good work done by you Gadadhar, great news for all us TBhpians !
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...He is offering a 15% disc to all team BHP members on the room rate. Tariff in site in inclusive of food, deduct 500 (food rate) from the tariff and apply 15% discount for Team BHP rates. Sounds like a good deal. Told him to post this Team BHP Site, but he was finding it difficult (usability issues),posting this on the thread for benefit of all members.
WOW! That is certainly good news! Great going Gadadhar!

Do ask Capt.Saju to use the "Contact Us" to get in touch with the MOD team. And I reckon that since he will be doing a commercial post, it should not be in the open forum but in classified section.
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:12   #23
BHPian

Pretty good travelogue - Bobby. Nice place and the the view from the rooms is quite interesting. This makes into my list as well.
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WOW! That is certainly good news! Great going Gadadhar!

Do ask Capt.Saju to use the "Contact Us" to get in touch with the MOD team. And I reckon that since he will be doing a commercial post, it should not be in the open forum but in classified section.
Thanks, I will infomr him about this. BTW, any one planning for Kuruva or that part of Wayanad during May 1st long w/e? I am planning to go that week
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:59   #25
BHPian

hey very well written travelogue. Pics look intriguing also. Particularly loved the way this guy has done up the place. It gels in very well with the entire set up.
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Here, let me give you a helping hand here. There are few snaps when I traveled there; travelogue @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...y-wayanad.html

and one from my side
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-45-hours.html

You can see the raft pictures in this travelogue, used to ferry people from Sultan Bathery side.
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
and one from my side
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-45-hours.html

You can see the raft pictures in this travelogue, used to ferry people from Sultan Bathery side.
Arindam, Looks like it is the same raft in my snap, but I guess it was not operational due to some reason. Sounds like a good option and will try rafting during my next visit in May.

Your narration and snaps are terrfic. I guess you had a packed schedule, mine was just the opposite
Old 27th April 2009, 12:37   #28
BHPian

Bobby

Thanks for all the information you have posted on this travelogue. I have booked for this place for the long weekend coming this week. I heard from Capt Saju that 2 other Tbhp'ians have also booked. Should be a good experience. Will post my story after the trip.

Regards
-Rajesh
Old 27th April 2009, 15:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbaliga View Post
Bobby

Thanks for all the information you have posted on this travelogue. I have booked for this place for the long weekend coming this week. I heard from Capt Saju that 2 other Tbhp'ians have also booked. Should be a good experience. Will post my story after the trip.

Regards
-Rajesh
Hi rajesh, That is cool. Looking forward to meet you and other Team BHP-ians there.
Old 30th April 2009, 12:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Would like to know who else other than Rajesh is joining in Pepper Green Wayanad during this weekend and the travel plans. I am planning to start around 5 am from JP Nagar 9th phase, Kanakpura Road, NICE, Mysore Road, Srirangapattanam, Hunsur, Nagerhole, Kutta, Thoalpetty, Kattikulam and Pepper Green. Should be there by 12 noon. For identification, mine is a royal blue elantra crdi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks