Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 20:25   #61
BHPian

Guys,

I plan to travel to Wayanad this weekend from Bangalore. Just wanted to check the best route in terms of road condition. I plan to stay in Hotel Woodland.
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Sorry for bumping up an old thread. How is the weather in Wayanad these days? We are planning to visit Wayanad in first week of April. Will it be too hot?
Days are hot and nights are pleasant.. Try to stay near the forest and avoid open areas like Pookode lake, Banasura Sagar dam etc during day time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv-Bang View Post
Guys,

I plan to travel to Wayanad this weekend from Bangalore. Just wanted to check the best route in terms of road condition. I plan to stay in Hotel Woodland.
Road to Sulthan Bathery through Gundelpet --> Muthanga is in good shape, there are some rough patches from Mysore till Nanagangud but is managable.. Forest roads are in terrific shape.. My travelogue on Muthanga and Mykkara homestay can give you details.

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd March 2010 at 14:30. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:16   #63
BHPian

Good write up. Wayanad is my favorite place to visit each year when i come for holidays. I have been to Kuruva Dweep, How far is this resort from the island??

What was the tariff??

|Subs
Old 28th May 2010, 09:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subs View Post
Good write up. Wayanad is my favorite place to visit each year when i come for holidays. I have been to Kuruva Dweep, How far is this resort from the island??

What was the tariff??

|Subs
Thanks Subs.. It is around 3 kms from the island boating point. Right opposite to the resort is the island but you cannot cross here since water is deep. Please check Tariff, Wayanad Resort, Kuruva Island Resort, Wayanad Holidays, Pepper Green Village for tariff, they offer some special deals for Team BHP memebers.
Old 1st June 2010, 14:53   #65
Senior - BHPian

Guys need some help. I am planning to go to Wayanad from the 1st - 3rd July. Is it a good time? Please suggest.
Old 1st June 2010, 16:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Guys need some help. I am planning to go to Wayanad from the 1st - 3rd July. Is it a good time? Please suggest.
Make sure you carry an umbrella and a rain coat. Otherwise its pure bliss to sit there in the verandah and enjoy the relentless rain.
Old 1st June 2010, 17:58   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Make sure you carry an umbrella and a rain coat. Otherwise its pure bliss to sit there in the verandah and enjoy the relentless rain.
Thanks RJ, we are 3 families with 3 kids between 5-7 . I am thinking of booking Vythri as it seems to have good reviews. Any other places recommended? Also, any activities for kids or will it be a washout completely?
Old 1st June 2010, 18:37   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It will be raining by then in Wayanad, if your agenda is sightseeing this may not be the right time. But if it just relax and enjoying the beauty of the place, Wayanad will be the greenest best during the rains.
Old 1st June 2010, 18:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
It will be raining by then in Wayanad, if your agenda is sightseeing this may not be the right time. But if it just relax and enjoying the beauty of the place, Wayanad will be the greenest best during the rains.
Thanks Gadadhar, we are just looking for a relaxed couple of days.
Old 1st June 2010, 18:53   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Gadadhar, we are just looking for a relaxed couple of days.
If that is the plan Wayanad can be the ideal location. Enjoy the rains with some excellent Kerala food.
Old 1st June 2010, 19:34   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks RJ, we are 3 families with 3 kids between 5-7 . I am thinking of booking Vythri as it seems to have good reviews. Any other places recommended? Also, any activities for kids or will it be a washout completely?
Skip Vythiri, look for some off-beat places away from the usual tourist hustle. Recommendations would be to check for home-stays around these places for a exhilarating experience during the monsoon.

1 - Karapuzha/Ambalavayal/Vazhavatta.
2 - Padinjaarathara
3 - Pinangodu
4 - Meppadi
5 - Trikkepetta

Go around sight seeing before lunch and post lunch if there are rains then ask your host to make some kappa(tapioca) and meen curry(fish curry) in the Wayanadan style. The taste will linger on your tongue for a long time and that's if you are a carnivore.

If you are a veggie, am sorry I cant help :( .
Old 1st June 2010, 20:27   #72
BHPian

Quote:
sammyboy, Are you talking about Vythri Resort ? that too in July ? It is rainy season expect heavy rain and more over car (sedan type) won’t go there at that time. Innova will be the best choice. Beautiful place to stay though.
Old 8th April 2011, 12:24   #73
BHPian

Re: Drive from Bangalore to Kuruva Island Wayanad

Quote:
I spoke to the resort owner couple of days back for booking for my next trip. He is a captain in merchant navy (Capt. Saju +91 9447916176, + 91 9745129629) and was enthu to hear about the posts in Team BHP (he is another travel freak and had joined our group on my reference).

He is offering a 15% disc to all team BHP members on the room rate. Tariff in site in inclusive of food, deduct 500 (food rate) from the tariff and apply 15% discount for Team BHP rates. Sounds like a good deal. Told him to post this Team BHP Site, but he was finding it difficult (usability issues),posting this on the thread for benefit of all members.
Bringing this thread alive once again. Is the above discount still applicable? We are planning on going there next week, would appreciate any latest inputs about the place/weather etc.
Old 19th April 2011, 10:07   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyalto View Post
Bringing this thread alive once again. Is the above discount still applicable? We are planning on going there next week, would appreciate any latest inputs about the place/weather etc.
Saw your post late, Did you make the trip? It will be great if you can update the status of Team BHP discount and any change in tariff

Last edited by gadadhar : 19th April 2011 at 10:10.
Old 23rd April 2011, 10:37   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Saw your post late, Did you make the trip? It will be great if you can update the status of Team BHP discount and any change in tariff
Yes, we did go there and did get the 15% discount for being a bhpian The place is decent though the approach road is not. We enjoyed thoroughly the drive and the weather was on our side being cool and pleasant with showers in the evening. Overall, a nice trip.
itsmyalto is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks