Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 18:15   #16
BHPian

Here is an interesting gem located right on the mall-road in Nainital. If you're like me, and need to escape the whoosh-beepbeep-BONK of tourist trap Nainital, get some peace and quiet, relax yet again... this is where you should head to.

Ramgarh- A Travelogue Overdue-01072008008.jpg

The church is located at one end of the mall, right next to Naini lake.
(sorry for the grainy picture. Nokia.)
Old 27th May 2009, 09:05   #17
BHPian

hey go dog, can you tell me do we get any accomodation on this church you are mentioning. I am planning to visit Jim corbett and nanital/bhimtal on week of 8th Jun
Old 27th May 2009, 10:57   #18
BHPian

Ramgarh looks very serene indeed! Loved the hotel. Very nice pictures too. I particularly liked those of the hotel and the one with the Innova approaching with headlights on. And the black and white picture was classy.

The samosa looks yummy for sure! And it would be heavenly to have it hot on a cold, rainy day!
Old 27th May 2009, 11:42   #19
BHPian

@godog: Beautifully written travelogue. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to rest of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
BTW, is it same Ramgad as that of Sholay?
As far as I know, the shooting of the film Sholay happened near Ramnagar on Bangalore - Mysore road.
Old 1st June 2009, 21:14   #20
BHPian

Thanks y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
hey go dog, can you tell me do we get any accomodation on this church you are mentioning. I am planning to visit Jim corbett and nanital/bhimtal on week of 8th Jun
It's godog.
I don't know for sure, but I do have an inkling. There probably is, but even if theres none, I'm sure of plenty of superb B&Bs 10 yards out from the church.
Please click some pics at Bhimtal and post 'em here, I wanted to go but ran out of time. Also, have you heard of Sat-tal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
Ramgarh looks very serene indeed! Loved the hotel. Very nice pictures too. I particularly liked those of the hotel and the one with the Innova approaching with headlights on. And the black and white picture was classy.

The samosa looks yummy for sure! And it would be heavenly to have it hot on a cold, rainy day!
Thank you.
Thank you. That one was snapped by my friend.
Thank you. This was me. I'm not a very camera friendly person, I like to make memories to keep them in my head, but this place was different.
And oh yes. Either the samosa was different, or the air was just oh-so-crisp, maybe both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
@godog: Beautifully written travelogue. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to rest of the story.
Thankyou akbaree. But that is the whole story. We drove back with a short stop at Naini-Lake. Time we could have spent better elsewhere. and "dhaba-central" aka Gajraula. That was nothing to write about, except there isn't any traffic after dark on the way back, and we nearly flew back. We shouldn't have. :(

Last edited by godog : 1st June 2009 at 21:21.
Old 27th November 2011, 09:21   #21
BHPian

Re: Ramgarh- A Travelogue Overdue

Did the Ramgarh routine again. The place is a shambles. Godog advises against visiting The Ramgarh Bungalows. The staff's smiles are gone. Here's what you get in its place:

Ramgarh- A Travelogue Overdue-dsc02116_modd.jpg

Instead, heres another place to try out in Ramgarh:

Ramgarh- A Travelogue Overdue-dsc02059.jpg

Ramgarh- A Travelogue Overdue-dsc02060.jpg
Old 28th November 2011, 10:00   #22
BHPian

Try Soulitude at Ramgarh....worth the money they ask for....beautiful place
Old 11th December 2011, 22:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeps79 View Post
Try Soulitude at Ramgarh....worth the money they ask for....beautiful place
Links would be highly appreciated.
Old 12th December 2011, 10:43   #24
BHPian

Hi

Experience the Himalayas in Soulitude, Ramgarh, Nainital, Uttarakhand, India at exclusive luxury boutique resort hotel lodge homestay with Kumaon snow views of Nanda Devi, Trishul, Pindari, Panchachuli and Kamet in a remote Himalayan hamlet village r

and reviews : Soulitude in the Himalayas (Ramgarh, India) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
Links would be highly appreciated.
deeps79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 17:08   #25
BHPian

Thought I'd share a quick review with you:

The Food
Oh GOD! The food I was made to endure! Horrible! Even thinking of it makes me go YUCK! The only savior was the Dessert, which was consistently good; although we once had to make do with half a slice of apple pie per person.

The Service
Forget a smile, I was hard pressed to escape from the frowns. See this pic to see what I'm on about.

The Stay
4 days seemed like eternity, and I was only too happy to leave. But even the check-out left a bitter after-taste.

Firewood
While checking out, I was suddenly presented with a thousand rupee bill for "firewood". Since I had been doing almost everything myself (cooking maggi-noodles for my newly wedded wife, arranging for medicines, keeping us warm), I would've got myself some wood (and much better than what I was provided with), for a tenth of the cost!

First Aid
No thermometers. And if you want a painkiller, please travel 3 KMs up the hill to the nearest chemists' shop. God forbid if something more serious than a fever should seize you...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks