Team-BHP - Gold Coast - photo (B)log
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Gold Coast - photo (B)log (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/57126-gold-coast-photo-b-log.html)

Duration: 5 days.

Travel Distance: 830kms (one way)

Vehicle: Toyota Yaris YRX - a 3 door hatchback.

Members: Me and my wife, and my cousin and his wife.

TOP speed: Around 126kmph (though the max legal speed limit is 110kmph) :). But this was for a few seconds on a downhill. Police patrol cars all over the place waiting to catch overspeeding on easter weekend - so called double demerit weekend, because you lose twice the number of the points on your driving license if you get caught.

My cousin did most of the driving as I am still on Learner's license here (max speed limit for me - 80kmph .. it sucks).

Camera: Olympus FE-20 point and shoot.

Day1: Drive from Sydney to Surfer's paradise.

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p1.jpg

Big Banana.. one of the many big gimmicks in oz.
Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p2.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p3.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p4.jpg

Surfer's Paradise, Gold Coast, QLD - Our home for the next 3 days.
Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p5.jpg

View from the apartment..
Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p6.jpg

Thats Q1 on the left - World's Tallest Residential tower. I guess the sheiks in Dubai haven't heard of this category...yet!
Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p7.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p8.jpg

We got up early on Day2... The one time I didn't complain about getting up early..
Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p9.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p10.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p11.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p12.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p13.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p14.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p15.jpg

continued..

Day2: Dream World

The Claw...
Name:  p16.JPG
Views: 991
Size:  47.7 KB

Wipeout..
Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p17.jpg

Hungry saltwater Croc.
Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p18.jpg

My wife catching a tiger by its tail :)
Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p19.jpg

Hmm.. reminds me of Aravind Adiga !
Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p20.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p21.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p22.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p23.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p24.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p25.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p26.jpg

Day3: Movie World

Drivers from the amazing Hollywood stunt driver show - Was busy watching.. but have a video, which I'll upload later.
Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p28.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p27.jpg

Batwing and Superman Escape rides
Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p29.jpg

Day4: Sea World

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p30.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p31.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p32.jpg

Gold Coast - photo (B)log-p4130162.jpg

Day5: Drive from Surfer's paradise to Sydney

umm.. no pics because I dropped my camera on Day4 while shooting a polar bear in Sea World. The camera fell with its lens pointing downwards. The zoom mechanism got slightly whacked out of its housing and wouldn't retract. Thankfully, fixed it all with just a pocket knife on my return!

@spadiwal,
Nice pics of big cats.
Where is this location, please post map for further reference.
I hope, you will post some spicy pics of Bondi beach and super pics of ocean drive.

Pardon my jutting in - this is Gold Coast, off Brisbane. An out and out commercial sea side resort in Australia.
Spadival - how long did it take you from Sydney? I went from Brisbane. Long ago in 1999. The Pacific highway was being widened then.

Nice pics.
Also Surfers Paradise used to host the Nascar Race on the street circuit of SP with Rolling starts !!!
Did you go to the Hard Rock Cafe on SP which has Matt Sorum's Harley Davidson on display.

My best friend stays at Gold Coast, and has been pestering me forever to get there. It hasnt materialized so far. :(

Both 'The Claw' and 'The Big Banana' were featured on this years MTV Roadies show.

The Cats are awesome. Simply superb and they are quite majestic. I guess MTV Roadies V6 has been to "The Big Banana" and am sure that might have been to other locations as well (not following Roadies that much).

I have uploaded the videos of the Hollywood Stunt driver show at Movie World. Frankly, nothing beats watching the real thing..the smell of so much burning rubber is just unreal.

BTW, I was just pointing the camera without actually looking at the LCD and just hoping the camera catches the action :) .. so please excuse the poor quality of the shots.

YouTube - Hollywood stunt driver 1

YouTube - Hollywood stunt driver 2

YouTube - Hollywood stunt driver 3

YouTube - Hollywood stunt driver 4

Lovely pics spadival. I saw most of the places youve clicked on the current edition of MTV Roadies. Dreamworld looks awesome. Did you get onto The Claw? :D

Wow, what an video man..... What a drifting.. Excellent. Lucky guy :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 1269470)
@spadiwal,
Where is this location, please post map for further reference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team (Post 1269490)
Spadival - how long did it take you from Sydney? I went from Brisbane. Long ago in 1999. The Pacific highway was being widened then.

I think around 12-13 hours. Damn Pacific highway is still being widened with road works speed limit of 80kmph. I guess they are continuing the project they started in 1999 :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 1269508)
Did you go to the Hard Rock Cafe on SP which has Matt Sorum's Harley Davidson on display.

Nope.. we just passed by HRC. Not a big fan of Bikie gangs and their bikes!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1270101)
Dreamworld looks awesome. Did you get onto The Claw? :D

No, my wife chickened out. but my cousin and his wife got onto it. He said it isn't the scariest ride there. Did they have the rides as tests on Roadies? If so, that sucks..taklu needs to come up with something better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spadival (Post 1270143)
No, my wife chickened out. but my cousin and his wife got onto it. He said it isn't the scariest ride there. Did they have the rides as tests on Roadies? If so, that sucks..taklu needs to come up with something better.

Off Topic:
It wasnt as simple as sitting on the ride. The participants were made to drink a lot of thick fluids and then made to go on the ride. Catch was that they were to do as many trips without puking. Such a senseless task, but we've had a lot more of such tasks this time on the show.

Love Goldcoast.. i always go there around Ney year time with the boys...Nice pics and video

Lovely Gold Coast as always !! nice to see the big cats and a wonderful video. Keep them coming.

Abhi

Sorry to butt in again - such circus with wild animals is banned in India. I think it's a good thing.