Team-BHP - A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/57265-wilderness-photologue-bandipur-palaniappa-estate-devashola.html)

Hi friends,

I had a wonderful good Friday weekend,I will keep the description short and let the pictures do the talking, to start off made a booking quickly in the Jungle Lodges Bandipur resort, I have stayed in almost all jungle lodges but Bandipur somehow seems special all the time, be it their food, service, safari's. So i set off with my parents on Friday morning and reached the resort by noon

Day 1 : Bandipur

Few Photos of the resort,

Name:  jlr1cs4b.jpg
Views: 14496
Size:  382.2 KB

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-jlr2cs4.jpg

Had a delicious lunch of ghee rice and chicken curry with tasty rasam later on. I took some avian photos around the resort,

Asian Koel,
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-akcs4.jpg

Brahminy Starling (Myna)
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-star-vcs4nb.jpg

We set off on the safari which is included in the stay package and were greeting by a plethora of fauna, birds

Peahen
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-ph2cs4nb.jpg

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-phcs4nb.jpg

Red Spur fowl
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-rsfcs4.jpg

Hanuman Langur
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-langur-cs4.jpg

Malabar Giant Squirrel
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-mgs-cs4.jpg

The toast of the day,

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-elephantcs4.jpg

The JLR resort at night

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-jlr-nightcs4.jpg

The room we stayed
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-jlr-night-2cs4.jpg.

Day II : Bandipur (Morning safari)
Got up next morning and got ready for our second Safari, this season at Bandipur is a haven for avid bird photography and i just love the colors of the forest. Its a must visit for any wildlife lover,

Blue Capped rock thrush
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-bcrtcs4nb.jpg

Comman Hoopoe
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-chcs4nb.jpg

Red wattled Lapwing
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-rwlwcs4nb.jpg

Peacock dance,

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-peacock-1cs4nb.jpg

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-peacock-3cs4nb.jpg

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-peacock-dance2-cs4.jpg

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-peacock-dance-cs4nb.jpg

Changeable hawk eagle juvenile

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-che-juvcs4nb.jpg

Continued..........

Great stuff with load of goodies. Especially the last one.
Off topic but you can possibly consider a tighter crop for that.

Redrage nice photography and let us know which camera was used, the lapwing and the eagle are very good one's.

A bit of cropping would have been more better.

Dilip honestly man, your work quality has increased two folds man(not that you were any bad before) . My compliments to you, also looks like you are making full use of the 100-400 bazooka, guess its time I start taking lessons from you.

My vote goes to the last pic, menacing is the word.

BTW JLR by itself is a lovely experience, the staff and the place. Its sometimes hard to believe that a gov' owned place is this well managed.

Beautifull Photos, I kinda liked the Myna photo the most. Will be definately waiting for more.

Amazing photos redrage.
And :thumbs up for naming the birds - which I can never do except for distinguishing between crows, sparrows & Pigeons!

Day 2: Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)

After finishing our safari and breakfast at Bandipur we headed towards Ooty and about 39 kms from there lay our final destination and 2 day getaway Palaniappa estate. I don't know whether my words and vocabulary are enough to describe this place, its really a true getaway from all the hustle and bustle and concrete jungle, located amidst 1000 acres of Devarshola tea estates, this place is another must visit to people seeking silent, serene stay and for me another beautiful place for capturing birds, but this time its special, i don't need to run around or rack my brains out to approach them quietly. They are a part of this estates and they play carelessly around not bothered about anything, the one place where i felt one with nature.

The beautiful Nilgiris
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-1cs4.jpg

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-4cs4.jpg

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-3cs41.jpg

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-2cs4.jpg

We had a booked a cottage called the Managers Bungalow and it had a fantastic view with a separate garden,swing and trekking routes from the bungalow.

The Managers Bungalow,

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-7cs4.jpg

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-pccs4.jpg

There is nothing much to do here other than just laze around or grab a book and sit on the porch for this view,

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-mgrbu-viewcs4.jpg

My dad was able to peacefully mediate for an hour!

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-meditatedpp.jpg

Meanwhile i caught up some comman birds fluttering around

Red Whiskered Bulbul
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-bbnb.jpg

Red Vented Bulbul
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-rvbbnb.jpg

This guy seemed to be doing some push ups to impress the female and casually loitering around,

Rock Agama
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-racs4nb.jpg

The bungalow has 2 separate rooms and is fully furnished with TV(u would like to just catch up with news after 8 pm) because its not that safe to sit around outside as bison's, tigers & leopards prowl around at night. We arranged for a drive through the estate and went to their main office about 3 kms away. There is no coverage for Airtel in this place or anywhere within 5-6 kms radius. You do have network for Vodafone and BSNL though.

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-estate-office.jpg

Day 3:
We had asked for a guide on the previous day and trekked for about 3 hrs around the beautiful estate , managed to see a bison on the way,

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-igcs4.jpg

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-5cs4c.jpg

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-6cs.jpg

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-flower1cs4a.jpg

A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-flower2cs4.jpg

Some elusive and beautiful birds

Oriental White eye
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-owecs4nb.jpg

Changeable hawk eagle
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-che2cs4nb.jpg

Velvet fronted nuthatch
A Wilderness Photologue - Bandipur & Palaniappa Estate (Devashola)-vf-nh4cs4nb.jpg

Continued....

Amazing capture of wildlife. Enjoying the pics. Keep them flowing.

All the bird pictures are awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing. Keep 'em coming.

Wonderful photos man! Two questions
1. Which camera? Filters? PS job?
2. I too want to learn how to use PS to improve images. Any starting point on the web?

Quote:

Originally Posted by null (Post 1274035)
2. I too want to learn how to use PS to improve images. Any starting point on the web?

You gotto learn to compose 1st my friend . There aint no fun in trying to improve an image when it aint composed properly. Bottom line " COMPOSE" and PS jobs are just add-on's.

I have seen dilip's work earlier and can vouch that his PP job is mostly only with the contrast , crop and brightness and nothing more than that.

Absolutely fantastic pics redrage and of course thanks for naming all of the birds.

Hoopoe sounds and looks good!

Again amazing snaps and great locations. 5 stars for all those birds.

That 100-400 L series is showing its magic !
Super shots !!

Red, speechless. amazing pictures!

keep them coming

wow,
fantastic pics.[ i normally use the word nice pics but this time its really fantastic.]

"ye dil mange more".