Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2021, 11:50   #676
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Delhi-Kolkata by Road | NH2 (now called NH19) in full detail

Every Saturday 8PM to Monday 6AM is total lockdown in JH. For local transit, e-paas is mandatory. But I’m not sure if that is required for highway transit. Anyway, better to obtain the same if someone is planning to enter/ cross JH in the time slot between Saturday 8PM to Monday 6AM. The same is free and almost instantaneously available after application on the website.

URL: https://epassjharkhand.nic.in/
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 19:16   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Every Saturday 8PM to Monday 6AM is total lockdown in JH. For local transit, e-paas is mandatory.
Hi saket77,

Understood yours and a big thanks for the information.

Unfortunately I was fined on 5th July (Monday) at around 1130 hrs.
When I asked why they are stopping us, and not the commercial vehicles, their simple answer received was "order from top, we don't know anything". There was no way around these harassments, had to pay the fine and move on.

My personal point of view: Last year, during peak Covid time, when GOI allowed inter-state private travel on 17th May, I traveled on same route on 24th May. Applied & obtained exit, transit & entry pass for all states except JH (they never replied). So we have to be prepared for these "Jangal-raj" every now and then.

Brdgs
Sail.
Sail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 17:02   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidharthaN View Post
The Jharkhand website does not have a transit section. It has incoming section where you have to mention your stay at JH details, but I am passing through. How is one supposed to apply for the pass then
Hi Sidharth, any luck with the pass.
Old 30th July 2021, 10:27   #679
BHPian

So finally would be leaving for Kolkata on Monday. Initially the plan was to leave at 9pm and take the Rae Bareli route but now we are leaving around 2pm and would take the Etawah exit from ALE and NH19 for the rest of the journey.

The entire route would be on monday/tuesday so i have not applied for any e-pass either.Plan is to cross U.P border and Sasaram early morning 3-6am. Would that be possible with my departure time or should i leave a bit early. Inputs are most welcome.

A special thanks to all the team-bhp travelers who share their input which makes it so convient for others to plan their journey.
Old 9th August 2021, 11:21   #680
BHPian

Finally anchored in kolkata. Left meerut on 2 Aug around 2 pm and reached kolkata at 6pm on 3 Aug. Brief description on the road conditions.

Meerut to Etawah ( via Meerut exp+ Yamuna exp+ ALE) excellent. Yamuna expressway now accepts fasttag.

Etawah to Kanpur good but beware of potholes .However they are limited.

Kanpur upto Prayagraj bypass worst part of the stretch. Huge speed breakers ,broken roads, unlimited diversions, potholes and heavy rains further delayed the journey. Avoid travelling at night on this stretch.

Prayagraj bypass to Varanasi excellent roads. Roads in bihar was neither good nor bad. It was okay. Reached sasaram toll around 6 am. It was completely empty. Roads in Jharkand were overall good except for a few section where it was preety bad.

Asansol to Durgapur was good but thereafter upto Dankuni the entire route was full of potholes.

No checking for RT-PCR at any of the border posts.
Ravi Yadav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 12:13   #681
BHPian

The Purvanchal Expressway is open now and I see lot of YouTube videos about people travelling and saying that entire stretch is open. Also Google map now shows the same as option if you select destination like Ghazipur.
Anyone travelled on it or planning to take the same on way to Kolkata please share your experience or plan. Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 14:07   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Every Saturday 8PM to Monday 6AM is total lockdown in JH. For local transit, e-paas is mandatory. But I’m not sure if that is required for highway transit. Anyway, better to obtain the same if someone is planning to enter/ cross JH in the time slot between Saturday 8PM to Monday 6AM. The same is free and almost instantaneously available after application on the website.

URL: https://epassjharkhand.nic.in/
Planning to return back from Kolkata. Is JH still observing lockdown as mentioned.
Old 7th September 2021, 14:20   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
Planning to return back from Kolkata. Is JH still observing lockdown as mentioned.
No, you can cross JH freely without e-paas now.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 16:57   #684
BHPian

Quote:
No, you can cross JH freely without e-paas now.
Jharkhand is yet having e pass mandatory if you enter jharkhand . The check post is established just after HP petroleum pump after the Maithan bridge.

Though these days they seldom stop the Private vehicles due to the eased Covid situation in jharkhand.

However the sepoys deputed there might stop if you are in a commercial number plate Car and ask some basic questions and let go.

On random days they still conduct RTPCR tests depends on the official visiting.
Old 25th September 2021, 17:00   #685
BHPian

https://jharkhandtravel.nic.in/
Old 26th September 2021, 19:17   #686

Hi all,

I have to travel from Kanpur to Kolkata on this Saturday. Planning to start early morning.

Any recommendations on the route. Should I expect jams on the route? Can it be done in a day?

I have a sedan so it might be difficult to climb dividers etc.
Old 26th September 2021, 22:09   #687

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos.sec View Post
Hi all,

I have to travel from Kanpur to Kolkata on this Saturday. Planning to start early morning.

Any recommendations on the route. Should I expect jams on the route? Can it be done in a day?

During my Delhi to Kolkata Drive, I took the route via Kanpur.
Delhi >> Agra (YEW) >> ALE >> Etawah (NH-19) >> Kanpur >> Prayagraj (NH-19) >> Varanasi >> Dhanbad >> Durgapur >> Kolkata

The only problem can be at UP-Bihar border (follow the locals there). Rest all should be fine. Roads are improving every day.

It may be possible to do in a day if there are multiple drivers.
Still will suggest taking a night halt (and avoid night driving) as sudden construction points/diversions are easy to handle with daylight.

Overall ,its a nice enjoyable drive.

I also shared more detailed maps and toll-rates etc. in my personal blog.
delhi-to-kolkata-road-trip
Old 27th September 2021, 09:05   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos.sec View Post
Hi all,

Leave early from Kanpur since the stretch between Kanpur to Prayagraj bypass will be time consuming. When I travelled on this route back in August it was in a very bad state. If you are lucky you may not encounter any traffic at UP-Bihar border or at sasaram toll. Just follow local vehicle if you encounter traffic.

You may also encounter traffic at sherghati but it is manageable.Another point where you will encounter traffic is Dankuni. From sasaram toll to Dankuni toll it took me 10 hours with a few breaks. Plan your journey accordingly and have a safe journey.

Last edited by Ravi Yadav : 27th September 2021 at 09:06.
Old 6th October 2021, 02:36   #689

Dear all,
We are planning for our 3rd Delhi-Kolkata-Delhi trip this Christmas. Is there a way to bypass the Dehri on Sone / Bihar border jam? Google does not show any alternate routes... But scanning the map, we find other bridges over Sone river. Are these routes worth taking? (Where I am coming from - were stuck in this place on both our return trips for approx 5-6 hrs). Pls suggest.
Old 6th October 2021, 21:51   #690
BHPian

Dear SS-da,

Interacting for the first time

I will be taking the Kolkata-Delhi road for the first time this Friday (08-Oct). Google maps shows 3 options out of which it recommends: Kolkata-Varanasi-Allahabad bypass-Rae Barelli-Lucknow-Etawah-ALE-YEW.

Pls do suggest if I will be taking this route? If there is a different one, it will be great if you can send me the Google map direction.

Best Regards,
Sayak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Can't agree with you entirely there, having taken both routes a number of times. The ALE to LKO is a driver's delight, and worth driving just for the sake of it.
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks