Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 01:41   #16
BHPian

@ Justroyal,
Are you out on another heat-treatment session to prepare yourself for the Iron-butt? No replies or pics so far after the initial post.

@ Mobike,
I have upgraded to a Logan from my Omni, last october. Since then I am enjoying the long drives with the new war horse. I am keeping track of the Hyd meet threads, will surely join you guys sometime whenever possible.
Old 11th May 2009, 14:53   #17
BHPian

First up, thanks everyone. After reaching kolkata, we realized that the secret to our fantastic timings were the fact that none of us had cameras and we never stopped to click pictures. So this ride just has three phone-cam photos, which would be put up within the next quarter of an hour.

After reaching kolkata, there was a group ride to Junput, a beach haven about 150 kms from the city. I do have some good pics from that...will post them up.

While the long ride to Kolkata was achieved without any physical harm, while in Kolkata, I skidded and fell when I was trying to save a guy who decided to run across the road at Karunamoyee barely five feet ahead of my bike. So I am right now typing this with a dislocated left shoulder and a bruised rib. NO RIDING FOR THIS WHOLE MONTH!!!

I am back in Hyderabad now. The only other BHPian I meet on a daily basis is bblost...would love for that number to increase.

And yeah, Vinit in the write-up is Vineet Singh Chauhan..for the one who asked. He's pretty well known in the Wanderers Club of Hyderabad for his taek won do antics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Beautiful narration and a fantastic travelogue.

I really appreciate your spirit and stamina to take on the April heat on a bike. I did the same trip on 27-28th March (Hyd - Salt Lake) in my car, and reached back Hyd on 13th April. So have got a fair idea of the kind of heat you people endured during your journey.

A few queries:

1. Where did you stay in Srikakulam? We stayed at Hotel Nagavali and found it to be a fairly decent one for a night halt.

2. How difficult was it to navigate through the town in Rajamundry? I followed NH-9 straight to Vijaywada intentionally and touched NH-5 from there, as I didn't want to loose out the GQ drive on those couple of hundred kms between Vijaywada and Rajamundry. Incidentally, the traffic density on NH-9 decreased dramatically after Suryapet, probably because majority of the Vizag traffic was diverting towards Khammam. And I noticed the same thing on my return trip also.

3. The place that you have mentioned as Balughat is actually Balugaon or Balugan.

4. And finally FYI and to add to your happiness, you have saved yourself a total amount of Rs. 1240 as up and down toll charges by travelling on your bike.

5. Where are the pics?

Max.
1. The hotel in Srikakulam was called Vasantha Lodge. Not as big as Nagavali. Actually didnt know of Nagavali till you named it. Guess the cop pointed us to the second best hotel

2. Navigating through Rajahmundry proved to be much easier than anticipated. We actually managed to bypass the town completely...apart from what seemed to be an alley in the outer folds of the city. We avoided Vijayawada because we figured that on the bikes, we would make the same speed whatever the traffic situation is like (unless it is absolutely terrible). We hit Khammam to save on kilometers and that worked in our favour. We saved on distance and the traffic was a bare trickle of cars and the occassional truck.

3. It is, as has been confirmed already, Balugaon. My bad

5. Next post...

I earned myself an infraction as the initial post did have reference to alcohol...Sorry about that. kinda new to this. Turns out Infractions in real life are not as enjoyable as on NFS. You don't get cash points for them either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Humorous, tongue-in-cheek, philosophical, entertaining, lucid, intrepid, and above all, waaeeild!! What a ride... and what a beautiful narration of it! Kudos to both of you for the ride, and double that to you, JR, for the fantastic prose. Both of you are hereby awarded the DIBA (Desi Iron Butt Association) gold medal!
Given that the GOLD medal is for the IRON butt, where do I wear it?
lol

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th May 2009 at 17:48. Reason: Extra smileys removed after merging.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:15   #18
BHPian

Pics from the Cauldron ride

The first pic is Vin's LB500 while he was answering to a greater calling behind the bushes.

The second one is my Electra. Yes there is a bike somewhere under all that stuff.

The third one is the submerged temple that gave me the God-in-a-Jacuzzi concept.

Sorry about the quality...but 2.0 MegPix on a pretty old MotoRazr can only get you this far.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Kolkata Ride (5th to 7th April)-electracramsters.jpg  

Hyderabad to Kolkata Ride (5th to 7th April)-godzjacuzzi.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 11th May 2009, 15:22   #19
BHPian

Pics from the Junput ride

The better travel pics are from the ride to Junput as I had promised earlier. The same camera, but given it was a three day kickback'n'relax trip, the photos could be a little better thought out.

The first one is the road leading from Junput to Haripur beach...the virgin beach the EBulls decided to have all to themselves for three days.

The second one is the Casurina groves that keep the beach hidden from the clear view of the road.

The third one is on the beach. When the EBulls left Junput, we had put many a tyre tracks on that sand.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Kolkata Ride (5th to 7th April)-junputroad.jpg  

Hyderabad to Kolkata Ride (5th to 7th April)-junputcasurinagroves.jpg  

Hyderabad to Kolkata Ride (5th to 7th April)-junputbeach.jpg  

Old 11th May 2009, 19:13   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justROYal View Post
Given that the GOLD medal is for the IRON butt, where do I wear it?
lol
You won't get that answer from me Roy, because I am not looking forward to earning infractions either...
Old 30th January 2010, 20:09   #21
BHPian

A superlate reply

Hi akroy & predatorwheelz,

First things first, apologies for the most delayed response on team-bhp ever!

@akroy:
I am one of those guys to whom planning includes new spark plugs and clutch cables and a whole lot of faith on my baby. So bad roads, looking back, added just the kind of spice this ride needed!

@predatorwheelz:
Yes Sir, I am from Salt Lake, but presently doing my MBA at Manipal. So I hope I shall be seeing you I get home next time

@ Everybody:
1. You guys have a lot of patience...I just tried to reread what I had written, and oh boy is it long!
2. Thanks! Thanks!! Thanks a ton!!!
3. We were so busy riding that we never managed to click any pics!
Old 5th April 2010, 19:00   #22
BHPian

Water has flown under the bridge...

...and I am no more in employment.

I quit my job and joined an MBA course. The result, I get to revisit this travelogue post and reminisce between Marketing Research and Human Resource Management, instead of posting more travelogues!

Consider this post a soliloquy!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks