Team-BHP - Weekend Coorg Trip: 2 States, 75 Hours, 2050 Kms
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Weekend Coorg Trip: 2 States, 75 Hours, 2050 Kms (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/58428-weekend-coorg-trip-2-states-75-hours-2050-kms.html)

After getting the new car, I had wanted to get the running-in done within the first week itself. Running-in being 1000 kms, the criteria for choosing a place was that it should be atleast a 1000 Km total run. Multiple choices and places cropped up like Mahabaleshwar, Matheran, Vizag, Ajanta Caves, but the one that caught my fancy was Coorg. Madikere being 830 kms away was definitely a strong contender but driving that kind of distance to enjoy weekend and coming back is not an easy task especially for someone who had till now done only about 600 kms in a day.

I'm starting out with a few pictures. Will post the write-up later.

P.S.: Certain pictures have a captions, inspired by Tirthankar's Drivoblogs. My captions may not be as good as TB's but please endure

Starting Odo Reading
Weekend Coorg Trip: 2 States, 75 Hours, 2050 Kms-p5080003.jpg
End Journey Trip Meter
Weekend Coorg Trip: 2 States, 75 Hours, 2050 Kms-p5110150.jpg
Bidisha just before starting out at 2 AM (As usual 1 Hour late)
Weekend Coorg Trip: 2 States, 75 Hours, 2050 Kms-p5080002.jpg
Somewhere after Kurnool in the morning
Weekend Coorg Trip: 2 States, 75 Hours, 2050 Kms-p5080020.jpg
Trying to keep pace with Scorpio and Safari. Overtook the Safari but the Scorpio was driving very rash so decided to give up.
Weekend Coorg Trip: 2 States, 75 Hours, 2050 Kms-p5080057.jpg

Weekend Coorg Trip: 2 States, 75 Hours, 2050 Kms-p5080066.jpg

Weekend Coorg Trip: 2 States, 75 Hours, 2050 Kms-p5080072.jpg

Weekend Coorg Trip: 2 States, 75 Hours, 2050 Kms-p5080074.jpg

Weekend Coorg Trip: 2 States, 75 Hours, 2050 Kms-p5080075.jpg

Ani, excellent pics buddy, keep em coming.

Nice pictorial MC, Nice to talk to you the other day at bangalore. You are justifying the Storm within days of tis puchase.
Where did you put up in Coorg? looks some homestay?

Waiting for more pics.

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 1298142)
Nice pictorial MC, Nice to talk to you the other day at bangalore. You are justifying the Storm within days of tis puchase.
Where did you put up in Coorg? looks some homestay?

Waiting for more pics.

Abhi

Hehe no point buying the storm if its is was not going to be used. Furthermore it was almost 6 months since my last long trip caused by the sudden mood-swings of my beloved Uno. So I was waiting to get my hands on the Storm to raid new places.

And yes its a Homestay. You can check out on the net "Cloud Valley".

Observed that the Storm is still on a temporary registration. Did'nt that cause any problems along the way ? Hope you did have valid insurance though although I'm not sure if the insurance will cover anything if the vehicle is not registered ! Nice pics !

Quote:

Originally Posted by kannan666 (Post 1298207)
Observed that the Storm is still on a temporary registration. Did'nt that cause any problems along the way ? Hope you did have valid insurance though although I'm not sure if the insurance will cover anything if the vehicle is not registered ! Nice pics !

vehicle even though on TEMP REG is actually a fully registered vehicle as the taxes have been paid to AP GOVT only thing remaining is the it getting registered to the correct RTO. Didn't cause any problem with cops in B'lore, as a matter of fact they challaned me with the T/R no. itself on the challan.
and yes insurance will hold good just like normal cases.

Now thats called a running-in!!! Way to go MileCruncher.

Nice way to start a travelogue, MC. Was it a running-in period? Umm...I guessing. If it was you should have not crossed 2~2.5k rpm. Waiting for more pics of the beautiful place.

clap:Awesome boss - awesome. Very very good.

Bring it on.

PS: You did things just the way I wanted to do, although I had no time in my VDI's case.

Awesome drive... 2050kms in 75hrs! You sure are a Mile Cruncher :thumbs up

Doing justice to the storm! :)
MC, What did you do in Bangalore to get the challan? LOL! More pics coming right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by unni.ak (Post 1298241)
Now thats called a running-in!!! Way to go MileCruncher.

Thank you!
Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 1298313)
Nice way to start a travelogue, MC. Was it a running-in period? Umm...I guessing. If it was you should have not crossed 2~2.5k rpm. Waiting for more pics of the beautiful place.

yes it was in running-in period. I had not travelled for about 4 months so doing a long distance immediately after getting the car was always there. The storm develops max torque of 255Nm between 1800-2200 RPM so if one upshifts properly, you hardly go over 2.5K RPM during normal operation. initially as I started from Hyderabad, while opening her up on the highway, I could feel that the engine was holding itself back and there was resistance. So I kept varying the paces. After 750Kms I took the car a few times upto3K rpm. BTW the storm does about 100kmph at 1900 rpm and about140KMPH at 3000RPM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 1298378)
clap:Awesome boss - awesome. Very very good.

Bring it on.

PS: You did things just the way I wanted to do, although I had no time in my VDI's case.

Thanks! I also had a fight for the leave but then I put my foot down and said nothing doing. so running in needed to finished in a week 's time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247 (Post 1298390)
Awesome drive... 2050kms in 75hrs! You sure are a Mile Cruncher :thumbs up

:) the effective driving overs were a little more than 35 hours

Quote:

Originally Posted by pulsar56 (Post 1298481)
Doing justice to the storm! :)
MC, What did you do in Bangalore to get the challan? LOL! More pics coming right?

103kmph in a 80 zone on the devanahalli expressway. The cops stopped me after checking my speed on the radar gun. These guys were all carrying the basic Blackberry model.

And yes more pics on its way.

Travelogue so early?Its just been 2days since you left from Coorg. Bring it on :)

@mc,
what a start with storm.

btw, nice choice of destination. it seems that coorg is more chilly than mahabaleshwar.

waiting for more and bring that more with the pace you crunched those miles.

Great going MC. What was the route you took finally, and how were the roads? Stopover in Bangy?

OT: On my recent trip, I did not see any speed guns. Was frequently doing 140 on the Devanhalli roads, till all the humps caused a couple of flights, and the breakfasts started protesting:D. As a matter of fact, 2500 kms and 4 states, and not one cop ever stopped us to check papers, even. Only those 10 Re. checkposts.