Team-BHP - My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/58431-my-first-non-non-stop-travelogue-3-states-10-days-vacation.html)

NON Non-Stop:
I/We were stopping at every opportunity to grab a pack from the life saver pack and do some photo sessions amidst lots of stares from the other drivers on the road!

I usually take a flight for going home from Hyderabad but this time, after working out the costs of traveling by road versus flying, decided to hit the road! (recession effect huh? LOL)

A new engine, new cam, lots of luggage, Headers & FFE and some new nephews motivated me to take up this trip.

Life saver box for the highway! :D
My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!-dsc_0150.jpg

And the highway!:thumbs up
My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!-csc_0161.jpg

To be continued! Lots of pictures to be sorted.

Thats' alot of SUGAR - hope you had packed your orbit chewing gum and your toothbrush as well

Aha---the travelogue at last! Where did you get the ice-box from? It looks similar to Ravv's.
C'mon man, do justice to your new camera and the new heart to your car----keep positng!

Why do you need so many of those drinks ? Hope you did not have any stomach ailments after that. was this your first long drive ? And from where to where did you drive ?

How did you carry the lifesaver Box in your Pulsar ?

Abhi

I did not realize that there were so many of those drinks myself! I just picked up from the super market and stuffed them up!

Almost half the box was untouched at the end of the day and the box catered for 2 - Myself and a friend of mine!

@esteem_lover - No, this is not my first long drive. Have done the same stretch thrice in the past two years but no pictures and travelogues of them! :)

@Vnabhi - Venu Sir, I picked it up from Begum Bazaar. It's only a thermacol box and costed me 130 INR!

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 1298148)
How did you carry the lifesaver Box in your Pulsar ?

Abhi

Don't think he is talking about his pulsar here as he is talking about headers and stuff ! Maybe his Zen ?

oye pulsar that ice box and the contents look so similar to what was in ravs skoda during our beach trip(life saver for sure):D

you've also got into the teaser business kya? post some more pics man!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kannan666 (Post 1298190)
Don't think he is talking about his pulsar here as he is talking about headers and stuff ! Maybe his Zen ?

That's right. It's a 1.3 Litre Zen that he drives;)

Nazim, looks like SPAR was thorougly raided and its shelves completely emptied. Look forward to more pictures of this trip and some write-up as well.

Btw, please save some of those drinks for me, i am feeling thirsty:D

Things were worked out almost one month in advance for this trip.Day 1:
Starting Point: Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
End Point: Bang-galore (It's true!)

Cars: Maruti Zen 1.3 + Ford Fiesta 1.6S

Planned Starting Time: 5:00 AM
Actual Starting Time: 6:30 AM (We are bachelors! LOL)

As planned, we started on the morning of 7th May. I was seeing the dawn at Hyderabad after a very very long time! LOL! Pic taken at 5:26 AM!
My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!-dsc_0107.jpg

The view outside my place on Rd. 10 waiting for the Fiesta!
My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!-dsc_0108.jpg

My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!-dsc_0109.jpg

The two cars immediately stopped for a tea break at Sarvi in Banjara & I finish a quick photo session before having some 'fresh air' and the Irani chai!

My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!-dsc_0110.jpg
My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!-dsc_0111.jpg
My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!-dsc_0112.jpg

By the time we reach Mehdipatnam, it's almost 6:20 AM and the roads are inviting and we reach the first toll plaza at 6:50 AM to stop for the next photo-shoot!
My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!-dsc_0113.jpg
This stretch was done by me during March at a max. speed of 60kmph for completing the engine run-in. But, This time, I got to take complete advantage of it!

My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!-dsc_0114.jpg

My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!-dsc_0115.jpg

My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!-dsc_0116.jpg

My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!-dsc_0117.jpg

Destination is still 511 KMs away! Two crazy guys in two cars & not much to do except stop for frequent fresh air breaks and take out the camera for some pictures of the dry land all around! :D
My first Non Non-Stop Travelogue! 3 States, 10 Days Vacation!-dsc_0118.jpg

DISCLAIMER: This stretch has been done by lots of T-BHPians and there are lots of threads with updates about the roads! So, kindly do not flame me for pictures of the barren land along NH7! My journey is not only till Bangalore, it continues further on NH7 beyond Bangalore.

I am yet to travel back to Hyderabad and currently My Odo is reading 84216 - that's 998 KMs covered!

Currently there are two toll-plazas from Hyderabad to Bangalore and the fee is Rs. 40 & Rs. 38 respectively! Another one is being constructed near Kurnool!

Quote:

that ice box and the contents look so similar to what was in ravs skoda during our beach trip(life saver for sure)
True, Ice box is inspired by Ravendra! I even took tips from ravvs during our Pragati meet.

Quote:

Look forward to more pictures of this trip and some write-up as well.
Btw, please save some of those drinks for me, i am feeling thirsty
Lots of pictures to follow!
I will get the ice box for the next meet at C-8. LOL!

Pulsar, as you know I also did this stretch a few days back. The Jadcherla Expressway looks awesome in the night and is an absolute driving pleasure, with cat's eye and all. Also just for your info the toll on coming back ids slightly lesser than while going, god knows why?

But somehow I like the Chick-ballapur - Bang-galore stretch better. Whats the top you hit on your rocket?

Waiting for your other pictures:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1300777)
But somehow I like the Chick-ballapur - Bang-galore stretch better. Whats the top you hit on your rocket?

Waiting for your other pictures

The stretch you are talking about is after Penukonda & it ends few KMs before Chick-Bellapur. The Rocket hit 150 & the 1.6S hit 170 on that stretch! We were enjoying the road and did not bother to click any pictures! :D

But there are few unannounced/unmarked speed breakers (Humps?) which we noticed thanks to the buses who were slowing down! And the most dreaded part - seeing a family of 5 on a 2 wheeler coming towards you when you are at 140+ :Frustrati

EDIT: I am off to Yercaud today! Will post the pics once I am back!
P.S: I am voting for the first time today!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pulsar56 (Post 1298468)
...............Tyres filled up with Nitrogen. (Not really a fan but did not want to take a chance in the heat!)...

That's a new one to me. Does nitrogen help because it doesn't expand as easily in the heat as ordinary air? And where do you go to get nitrogen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1300777)

I really hate this sector as they have bloody speed breakers on this stretch of highway, which is really annoying.

Umm following this thread from beginning. Looks to be very interesting as it passes every day...