Team-BHP - Camp Rush Endless, Rishikesh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Camp Rush Endless, Rishikesh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/58445-camp-rush-endless-rishikesh.html)

Very good place. Cheap too.
1500 per pax for a day incl meals incl rafting kaudiyala - Shivpuri. YMMV.

And the most awesome part - regular loos with flush. No pit loo nonsense :D True deal maker if you ask me!

Camp Rush Endless, Rishikesh-rishikesh_mar09_005.jpg

Camp Rush Endless, Rishikesh-rishikesh_mar09_010.jpg

Camp Rush Endless, Rishikesh-rishikesh_mar09_011.jpg

Camp Rush Endless, Rishikesh-rishikesh_mar09_022.jpg

Camp Rush Endless, Rishikesh-rishikesh_mar09_052.jpg

Camp Rush Endless, Rishikesh-rishikesh_mar09_070_1.jpg

Camp Rush Endless, Rishikesh-rishikesh_mar09_088.jpg

Park your car at the dhaba, and walk down.

Nice pics, tell me the rafting charges are for full 14kms from kaudiyala till Rishikesh or is it for 7kms stretch?

First pic is awesome
Keep it coming please.

nice snap there phamilyman, was planning to visit this place now after seeing these snaps i think i have to visit this place soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 1298382)
Very good place. Cheap too.
1500 per pax for a day incl meals incl rafting kaudiyala - Shivpuri. YMMV.

And the most awesome part - regular loos with flush. No pit loo nonsense :D True deal maker if you ask me!

Attachment 135105

Attachment 135106

Attachment 135107

Attachment 135108

Attachment 135109

Attachment 135110

Attachment 135111

Park your car at the dhaba, and walk down.

Dear Phamilyman I travel every year on this route to Sri Hemkunt Sahib in the month of September and since we start from Rishikesh and stop either at Beasi or Kaudiyala for snacks before proceeding to Srinagar.I am going for last 28 years.Erlier cars were very rarely taken to Badrinath and Hemkunt Sahib but as roads are becoming better more and more people are travelling by their own cars then taking Buses.One has to take a HILL DRIVING LICENCE from Rishikesh before beginning thier journey either for pilgrimage or tourism it is available on the spot at Rishikesh RTO near Muni Ki Reti.

@Iqbal: This HILL DRIVING LICENSE , is it necessary? Cant you drive up without it? I mean I have driven in those areas pretty exhaustively but I ahve not been asked for any special license, infact I have never been asked for one. :) But I plan on going again and would appreciate the info if it has been made compulsory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderernomad (Post 1299235)
@Iqbal: This HILL DRIVING LICENSE , is it necessary?

+1 to that. Never have heard of anything like a hill driving license! :Shockked:

Maybe a new innovation by the hill administration to make some money.

@ phamilyman> is that the end of your travelogue, or is there more to come ?
Please do post some more details and pics too.

Those are the pics pretty much. Rest are personal pics, or of my ugly *** floating around in water :p There's no travelog as the route is simple - carry onwards from rishikesh :D

@others - no hill driving license. Never seen, never heard.

@sj_k - Thanks

@deky: till shivpuri.

Now where is Iqbal? From where did he get into the notion of a hill driving license?

Actually there is nothing as 'hill driving licence' rather the local authorities during this yatra season check for vehicles and drivers with no or little hill driving experience so that they can stop people from attempting that route. This is supposedly done to prevent accidents by inexperienced drivers.

I have read this in the local hindi newspapers which cover this area and is being reported since last 2 years, don’t know how old is this system.

There is nothing like Hill Licence wrt Private Vehicle Category, Although the term here was used for Truck/Bus Drivers who had to ahd some experience before they can use the National highway by getting their Licensed endorsed as "Hill Licence".
Such checking today does not seems to be prevailing with Traffic Cops more uneducated vis a vis to rules and corruption turning them into beggars!