Team-BHP - Drive to Nrityagram and Taj Kuteera
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Drive to Nrityagram and Taj Kuteera (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/58830-drive-nrityagram-taj-kuteera.html)

This morning we did a quick tour of the Palace and an even quicker visit to Philomena's church before heading back to B'lore

After last weekend's failed attempt to locate Nrityagram (due to misreading the directions and my stubbornness not to find out the right directions), I was determined to find it this time around. This time too I was risking it by deciding to take an off beat route that I last traversed during my college days. What the heck, I was feeling nostalgic and one must have a sense of adventure.

However at the back of the head was worried of losing my way once again and earning the ire of my fussy friends who were all eager to visit Nrityagram. Taking this route has it's advantages as one avoids the traffic snarls due to the Metro work on the already burdened Peenya road as well as the busy Hessarghatta main road. I would also get to enjoy the rural rustic aspect of the country side, the greenery, the music as well as the Linea.

We were 6 of us in 2 cars - my Linea and a friend's Optra Magnum. The roads for a majority of the distance were pretty all right with a lot of patchwork/repair. The Linea's suspension just soaked up the resultant unevenness/bumps quite easily and as usual felt good. Was cautious not to over rev her or drive her harshly.

The more I drive this car on the highway,the more I'm loving it. She does not induce the urge to surge and I like that. Overall it was a leisurely drive, like weekend drives are supposed to be.

Armed with my camera, was all set to capture a bit of Nritygram's essence, only to be disappointed. We were greeted by a sign that informed us that it's closed till May 19th as the troupe's touring! Great! Then it hit me - one more reason to take the car out for a drive in the near future, to one of my favorite rural drives. :D

Not to be dampened we decided to atleast enjoy the Taj Kuteeram that's right opposite Nrityagram.It's a lovely place that's designed along the lines of NG and has a nice earthy, rustic charm to it. Green, natural and breezy. The more I live in the concrete world the more I understand why previous generations blended architecture with the elements. Will let the photos do the talking I guess.

Lunch is expensive at Rs.619 per head but was more than happy with the taste. I guess one is definitely paying for the ambiance and serenity.After a leisurely lunch we stopped at the Hessarghatta Lake/reservoir which is all but dry. Hopefully a good monsoon in the coming months will fill it up.
The sun decided to stop blazing and the clouds turned grey, the climate was cool and breezy. After hanging around the tank bund we decided to head back to B'lore taking a longer route again to enjoy a nice drive and soak in some soothing greenery.

We drove about 70-80kms. I did not bother to set the trip meter. All in all was a wonderful drive and the Linea was sheer pleasure.
Another 40kms to go before I hit the 1000 km mark. 1000kms that I have thoroughly enjoyed and looking forward to more than a few hassle free 1000s in the next few months.

I sorely miss a good ICE setup and hopefully that will happen in good time, to contribute to the pleasure of driving the Linea. Oh just imagine Floyd, Clapton, Dire Straits, Buddy Guy, Dylan, ACDC, Santana, Beatles, Al Dimeola,and the rest all sounding their best......

Some more photos. Hope These don't bore ye!

THE FIRST post in this thread contains photos from my drive and review of the Linea, which you can read up on my Linea review thread and is not of Nrityagram/Kuteeram, as titled by the moderator.

Good snaps.. assure you they are not boring.. didn't see many snaps from Taj and the royal lunch

Nice pics Pranava, any more coming ?

Thanks Gadadhar. Was not sure if people here would be interested to see a few more photos. The royal lunch was not royal. Was simple soup,papads, salad, three sabjis, rotis, rice, curd rice, gajar halwa and ice cream. I presume that the Kuteeram is targetted mostly at the expat crowd who want to experience Nrityagram and also stay over at the Taj.

For Kannan. Here you go more photos buddy!!These are photos from Taj Kuteeram as well....hope it's not an over load!

Another set and the last,before the moderators warn me!! I hope they don't and hoping that this is not an infraction.

Why do you think you'll receive infraction? The pictures are really good.

"NICE PICS, KEEP THEM COMING". :D

Although I stay close to Hesarghatta road, I've never gone beyond the lake.

Where was the last pic taken?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swift8847 (Post 1309674)
Why do you think you'll receive infraction? The pictures are really good.

"NICE PICS, KEEP THEM COMING". :D

Although I stay close to Hesarghatta road, I've never gone beyond the lake.

Where was the last pic taken?

Ha Ha! Thanks for the compliments, appreciate them. The last picture's a secret! It's my favourite stretch of newly laid state highway tarmac that's a pleasure to drive. Actually not really sure where it goes to Swift but can tell you that it joins the road to Dodbellapur from Yelahanka!Presuming it joins Nelamangla,but not sure.
The first time I hit this road was as a result of getting lost finding my way back to town. Next drive is to go on this road end to end,hopefully early Saturday morning.

Pranav,

Can you mention the route information you took to these places?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 1309790)
Pranav,
Can you mention the route information you took to these places?

The MAG please click on the Google map link below for 2 routes to Nrityagram from MG road.

The Blue route is approximately the route I took. It's very easy to lose one's way on this route.For those unfamiliar with these parts or have a bad sense of direction, I would recommend taking the othr 'official' route on NH4 through Peenya and then taking a right onto Hessarghatta Main road (Landmark - Black glass Reliance Building)

Once you enter this road there are adequate signboards that give directions for Taj Kuteeram and Nrityagram.

Reach Hesaraghatta - Google Maps

Good photos, Pranava. I don't think you have to worry about the number of pics you are posting. The more the merrier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranava999 (Post 1309824)
The MAG please click on the Google map link below for 2 routes to Nrityagram from MG road.

The Blue route is approximately the route I took. It's very easy to lose one's way on this route.For those unfamiliar with these parts or have a bad sense of direction, I would recommend taking the othr 'official' route on NH4 through Peenya and then taking a right onto Hessarghatta Main road (Landmark - Black glass Reliance Building)

Once you enter this road there are adequate signboards that give directions for Taj Kuteeram and Nrityagram.

Reach Hesaraghatta - Google Maps

Is this route through MS Palya after Vidyaranyapura?