Team-BHP - Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/58970-mahabaleshwar-visit-strawberry-corn-country-7.html)

Well, Nasik would be about 700 kms from Hyd, and Bhandardara another 100 from Nashik. I remember the roads to be good most of the way. Last few kms were bad, narrow and broken up road. The only decent place to stay is the MTDC resort. Has 20 odd rooms, some of which face the lake. Need to book early. We took an overnight bus to Shirdi, and from there car to Nasik for the wineyard tour, and then on to bhandardara. Nashik is a city of religious significance, but hot, and Sula appealed much more to me:D

EDIT: I missed most of the discussion on Monsoon drives at the meet. How about some WLS, Kanha, Tadoba or something? If Goa, then for those of you who haven't seen the majestic Dhoodhsagar waterfalls in South Goa (Near Collem) might be the change-up you are looking for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anurag_p80 (Post 1318972)
Well, Nasik would be about 700 kms from Hyd, and Bhandardara another 100 from Nashik.

you need not go to nasik to go to bhandardara from hyd-pune-bhandardara or hyd-shirdi-bhandardara route.

oops, we had turned this mahabaleshwar travelogue into bhandardara thread.

Hmmm, Bandardara's too far then. If distance is 800kms, rather go to Goa.:D

Btw, i forgot to mention that anyone going to mahabaleshwar should visit their local market and pick-up following items :-

Mama Chana: Huge varieties of chana ( Lemon,Ginger,Pepper,Mirchi etc), it goes well with your evening tea or late night orange juice
Wilson's Chikki : We bought almost 500 bucks worth of Chiki and i am totally relishing it even now. Their dry fruit mix,badam,Kaju Chikis are amazingly delicious:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1319080)
Hmmm, Bandardara's too far then. If distance is 800kms, rather go to Goa.

yeah man! goa would be more fun. any place in the monsoons will look like bhandardara in and around hyderabad toostupid:

Here are the last set of pictures from the mahabaleshwar trip. Most of them are random.

Some of them are :-

1. Horses at the Venna Lake

2. Entrance of a temple that we found between Satara and Pandharpur

3. Entering into the local market @ Mahabaleshwar

4. Highway picture between Satara and Pandharpur

Amazing trip. So you changed your regular direction and drove down (or is that up?) to Mahabaleshwar.

And some of the pictures have come out really well. Though I wonder why some of the pics have such a reddish tinge.

Hello Friends,
Though i thought of driving down to Rajasthan for about 10 days,as an second thought planning to drive from Hyderabad to Pandaripuram and halt, overnight.Next day after Darshan drive down to Mahabaleshwar and stay for 3 Nights.Then start early and reach Kolhapur for Temple visit and same day drive down to Dandeli for camping.From Dandeli drive back to to our Origin ,Chennai.
Need your valuable suggestions .For the First time driving on these routes and hence your inputs will immensely help me freeze my plan.