Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 16:22   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Hey thanks again, and Happy Wheels with a 4wd drive VTT - nothing stopping you right now! Wonder where the sen2009 gone nowadays with his 4wd VX
Yup, you are right. Nothing is stopping me... well, except that I am not able to lay my hands on the 4WD 2.2 VTT!

I believe Sen2009 is now reclaiming the back-log of work (the he accumulated in those sneak-outs when he got his vehicle).
Old 14th August 2009, 19:28   #62
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
I believe Sen2009 is now reclaiming the back-log of work (the he accumulated in those sneak-outs when he got his vehicle).

As days pass, surely it looks that way! Also dont see Steeroid and Hrag posts nowadays, no monsoon trail Safari 4wd pictures or posts nowadays from him.
Old 15th August 2009, 16:25   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As of today, looking out for 2 fellow passengers to go to Leh-Ladakh-Zanskar late sept to middle october. Either from Calcutta or from Delhi

Hi,
Interested (depending on dates) but with a twist. Want to do it as a car and bike trip where we share driving/ riding duties. Not young anymore!

What is more important to you:- budget sharing, or company?

Am Cal based.

If interested, PM me.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 16th August 2009, 10:31   #64
BHPian

Breathtaking pictures and excellent writeup.
Please continue...........
Old 17th August 2009, 18:33   #65
BHPian

Hi,

Thanks for the awesome pictures and the well written travelogue. It was enlightening. Hope to be here sometime in the near future.
Old 5th March 2012, 16:47   #66
J.Ravi

Re: Along the Forgotten Trail- Silk Route-East Sikkim [Pedong-Rishi-Aritar-Zuluk-Jele

Excellent and educative travelogue, adc.
Quote:
it would be very much doable with your Esteem or any car as the road till Kupup though twisty like anything is pefectly smooth
I am already tempted to drive on the Old Silk Route of East Sikkim in my Linea subject to getting permit. Let me see.
  (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 15:53   #67
adc
Senior - BHPian

Re: Along the Forgotten Trail- Silk Route-East Sikkim [Pedong-Rishi-Aritar-Zuluk-Jele

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Excellent and educative travelogue, adc.

I am already tempted to drive on the Old Silk Route of East Sikkim in my Linea subject to getting permit. Let me see.

You sure do, and it is wonderful weather right now over there as the plains start to scorch. That 90-turn road till Thambi view point is one of the best self-drive route that one can have. As for permits, contact the SDPO at Rongli.

Last edited by adc : 6th March 2012 at 15:56.
adc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 21:27   #68
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Didnt you walk down to menmitsu lake which is a 1 km walk down from the Baba Mandir near Nathula? It has a fisheries dept doing trout farming there as well and you can stay at the log cabin overnight heated by a bukhari, if you take the permits from Fisheries dept in Gangtok. The stars here at night look like light bulbs in the sky on a clear night.

Great pics! I thought I had seen all in Sikkim, but obviously missed some areas.

--Ragul

Last edited by Ragul : 6th March 2012 at 21:28.
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 23:47   #69
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Didnt you walk down to menmitsu lake which is a 1 km walk down from the Baba Mandir near Nathula? It has a fisheries dept doing trout farming there as well and you can stay at the log cabin overnight heated by a bukhari, if you take the permits from Fisheries dept in Gangtok. The stars here at night look like light bulbs in the sky on a clear night.

Great pics! I thought I had seen all in Sikkim, but obviously missed some areas.

--Ragul
The year that we travelled, it was around that time this route was just opening up to tourists - and also as it was done anticlockwise as such the permission of that cannot be obtained as i.e. our journey started from Reshi and Aritar and ended in Gangtok.

Definitely travel this route, as said, one of the best scenic self-drive routes for me!
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:41   #70
Joy
BHPian

@adc: Amazing travelogue.

Can this route be done in a hatchback?

Also, as you mentioned before, please upload contact and other details, best time to travel for future travelers.
Old 22nd March 2012, 15:13   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post

Also, as you mentioned before, please upload contact and other details, best time to travel for future travelers.
Adc Da is roaming around somewhere in Arunachal, so I am replying on his behalf . This route can be done in a hatchback provided you are careful in some places and don't mind a few scraping here and there.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 17:41   #72
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Adc Da is roaming around somewhere in Arunachal, so I am replying on his behalf . ....
Another epic travelogue in the making. Anyway thanks for the info.

Do you have contact and other details of the places?
Old 22nd March 2012, 17:48   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you have contact and other details of the places?
No, unfortunately I don't have the details. I wanted to this route last time but it was not possible in 4 days. I think Adc da will be back in 2 weeks and can give you the details. When do you plan to go?
Old 22nd March 2012, 18:07   #74
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
.... When do you plan to go?
Nothing fixed yet. But planning after 15th April this year. Do you have any idea regarding the best time to visit?

Thanks in advance.

Mods: Sorry, haven't checked the previous post's timing before submitting. If you think, pls merge. Thanks.

Last edited by Joy : 22nd March 2012 at 18:22. Reason: Adding mod note
Old 22nd March 2012, 18:32   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@adc: Amazing travelogue.

Quote:
Adc Da is roaming around somewhere in Arunachal, so I am replying on his behalf . This route can be done in a hatchback provided you are careful in some places and don't mind a few scraping here and there.
Not if the area has seen landslides and earthquakes in the last few days, or even some heavy rain.

We did this route last October and after a point we were the only civilian traffic on this route.

Infact at Tsamgo, we were also the only human beings present (the road from Tsamgo to Gangtok had vanished)
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed