Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2009, 22:43   #31
BHPian

Chaala bagundi!

Quote:
no drive, no function
- Nice one

Your log brought back some memories from a couple of years ago, when I was supposed to go to Vizag and I had jotted down Borra caves & Arakku valley on my 'must see' list. Somehow the trip never happened...

After seeing your log I realized that this is a must see area... I need to plan something soon. Thanks!
Old 16th June 2009, 13:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Muralisk,
I have not been to Araku, Borra and Vizag. Your text and pictoral coverage has inspired me to make a visit there as soon as I can.
Particularly I love the Andhra meals( non-veg) and people who are so well mannered and soft spoken, I understand 80% telugu and speak about 60%, but one thing I do understand is the difference between well spoken Telugu and the other kind.
Thanks for this coverage, it was very helpful.
Regards,
Hi Fazal,
I am glad that you did like my write and you are inspired to visit these places. I would recommend you try and plan it out during Nov - Jan months as I have been told that it is the best time to visit these places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
- Nice one

Your log brought back some memories from a couple of years ago, when I was supposed to go to Vizag and I had jotted down Borra caves & Arakku valley on my 'must see' list. Somehow the trip never happened...

After seeing your log I realized that this is a must see area... I need to plan something soon. Thanks!
Hotstuff, Thanks. I think you should try and plan this trip and I am sure that you would really enjoy it.
Old 24th October 2009, 19:53   #33
BHPian

Hi Murali,

A Nice Log. It Reminded Trip To Araku Last Jul. Here Are Few Pictures Taken Enroute To Araku. Hope You Like Them and I Guess They Will Refresh Your Memories.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-158.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-160.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-161.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-162.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-164.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-165.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-166.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-168.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-169.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-170.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-172.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-173.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-174.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-175.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-176.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-177.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-178.jpg  

Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore-picture-179.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 8th August 2011, 15:16   #34
BHPian

Re: Bangalore – Vizianagaram – Araku Valley – Borra Caves – Vizag – Bangalore

Hi, I need to drive down to vizianagaram this week and hence can anyone update me on the best road option and also the road conditions ?
Old 8th August 2011, 16:18   #35
rkg
Senior - BHPian

The route between Araku-Paderu and between Paderu-Sileru is much more beautiful.

Similarly there is a road between paderu and vizag which is more challenging than araku-paderu route

On the Vizag- araku route there is place Tyda (apstdc has their jungle camp here). here one can see railway track on either side of the road one below(tyda railway station) and the other above the road
Old 9th August 2011, 12:54   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Hi, I need to drive down to vizianagaram this week and hence can anyone update me on the best road option and also the road conditions ?
If you are starting from Bangalore, the best option is to take the NH4-NH5 route. You have to follow the Bangalore-Hosur-Kolar-Mulbagal-Palamaner-Chittoor-Tirupathi-Nayudupet Route. From Nayudupeta, you can touch the NH5.

The road till Mulbagal is very good and the entire 4 laning work is completed now and the road is a pleasure to drive. After Mulbagal, the road is 2 laned and there is a lot of traffic depending on the time of the day. If you want to avoid Chittoor, you can take the Chittoor Bypass but the road is bad for a few kms, although the road has been relayed and is good after crossing Bans. Tirupathi and Renigunta are completely bypassed just before Chandragiri, so take that route so that you can avoid the traffic inside those cities. Also, there is some road work going on in Chandragiri so take the diversion when you see the board and you should be safe.

After Tirupati, the road is decent till Nayudupeta but there is no divider and there are some ocassional potholes.

Once you get onto NH5 at Nayudupeta, the road is very good till Chilakaluripeta. There might be some traffic near Ongole but the road is very good and you can do speeds upto 100 kmph on this stretch.

You need to make up as much time as possible till Chilakaluripeta, as the road is pathetic after this till Vijayawada. There is a lot of flyover construction going and there are diversions after almost every kilometer till Vijayawada. You won't be able to do more than 30-40 kmph on this stretch.

Once you cross Vijayawada, the road is decent till Vizag, but you need to be careful near the villages where people keep crossing the roads on foot or their bikes.

Most Viewed