Team-BHP - Miyaa.....!Hyderabad Bound- Trainalogue
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Miyaa.....!Hyderabad Bound- Trainalogue (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/60600-miyaa-hyderabad-bound-trainalogue.html)

Hi guys,

I am off to the homeland of the famous Hyderabadi Biriyani, the world famous in India- Hyderabad:)

This travel is by Train and i am starting from Bangy on Monday(22nd) evening, reaching there by Tuesday(23rd) Morning and returning back to Namma Bengaluru on Thursday(25th) morning.

This trip is mostly for my official work and the later part will be dedicated to good old Automobiles out there in the big city of Nawabs.:D

My friend Brat001 is accompanying me on this trip, he's coming only for hunting ( mostly cars, whatelse) He's determined to shop and get along one classics/vintage on this outing.

So Carbug and Stanher, here we come, any hyderabadi's who know of any classic's / Vintages for sale, kindly co-ordinate, thanks in advance.

Don't forget to visit Pulla Reddys sweet shop.

Pawan,
Welcome home.
Check out FOUR SEASONS at Mehdipatnam-Tolichowki road.
This is Hyderabadi Biryani at its best, unlike the (much hyped) other outlets.
Classic and vintage cars or bikes?
Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy.S (Post 1355774)
Don't forget to visit Pulla Reddys sweet shop.

Thats sweet buddy.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazalaliadil (Post 1356134)
Pawan,
Welcome home.
This is Hyderabadi Biryani at its best, unlike the (much hyped) other outlets.
Classic and vintage cars or bikes?
Regards,

Fazal,

Well the Hyderabadi Biryani is tempting, this is my first visit to hyderabad in all years, sans Tirupati which i've been 6 times so far.

Classic and Vintage cars only:)

Pavan @you go enjoy the biryani and sweets ...im gonna go hunting (armed with a set of tools and a tow cable):D

How come you don't want to taste the famous Irani Chai? This is a must do on your Hyderabad visit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1354531)
This trip is mostly for my official work and the later part will be dedicated to good old Automobiles out there in the big city of Nawabs

YEAH?! Thats why I get a message from you first thing after you land in Hyd - "Buddy, where is the gujari here?". Knowing you, Brat and you must have ditched your office work and headed directly to Afsal Ganj:uncontrol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazalaliadil (Post 1356134)
This is Hyderabadi Biryani at its best, unlike the (much hyped) other outlets.Regards,

Should try this when I am in Hyd next. I try and visit Hyd every year during the holy Ramadan month. I am a big fan of the 'Haleem' and 'Hyderabadi Biryani'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brat001 (Post 1356134)
Pavan @you go enjoy the biryani and sweets ...im gonna go hunting (armed with a set of tools and a tow cable)

In Hyd, you don't really need to go hunting. You'll spot plenty of classics in a casual drive across the city(s). If you are looking to buy classics, you should try and get Sunday's edition of 'Deccan Chronicle'. Although, I am told vehicles advertised get sold by 8AM in the morning:Shockked:. Is that true?

Quote:

Originally Posted by muralisk (Post 1356734)
How come you don't want to taste the famous Irani Chai? This is a must do on your Hyderabad visit.

Yes Pavan, the Irani Chai with special biscuits that just should'nt be missed. There is also a paper-like sweet called 'Pootharekulu' that is a speciality in Hyd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# (Post 1358816)

Should try this when I am in Hyd next. I try and visit Hyd every year during the holy Ramadan month. I am a big fan of the 'Haleem' and 'Hyderabadi Biryani'.

Yes Pavan, the Irani Chai with special biscuits that just should'nt be missed. There is also a paper-like sweet called '' that is a speciality in Hyd.

S@~+#0$#,

That is a nice idea to visit Hyd. in Ramadan.

Best Haleem at,
Pista House
Paradise
Sarvi

and the very best at Shah Ghouse beyond Charminar.

That special biscuit is Osmania Biscuit.

Pootharekulu is made out of thick starch taken from cooking rice and spread dried in the sun (to give it that wafery quality) and sprinkled with castor sugar and hand rolled.

Bon Appetit,

Quote:

Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# (Post 1358816)
YEAH?! Thats why I get a message from you first thing after you land in Hyd - "Buddy, where is the gujari here?". Knowing you, Brat and you must have ditched your office work and headed directly to Afsal Ganj:uncontrol.

In Hyd, you don't really need to go hunting. You'll spot plenty of classics in a casual drive across the city(s). If you are looking to buy classics, you should try and get Sunday's edition of 'Deccan Chronicle'. Although, I am told vehicles advertised get sold by 8AM in the morning:Shockked:. Is that true?

Yes Pavan, the Irani Chai with special biscuits that just should'nt be missed. There is also a paper-like sweet called 'Pootharekulu' that is a speciality in Hyd.

:D, BTW, I am presently at my regional office in Hyderabad, Lakdi ka phool, Stop your allegations Mr Santhosh, You bet buddy, i was close to afzal ganj yesterday, this trip is turning out to be a great one.

By the day, its getting interesting, Hyderabad is sure throwing lot of surprises every minute, not to forget the Biryani's that i've been gorging on since yesterday:)

wil write with pics once i reach Bangalore tomorrow,

A small teaser .......

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazalaliadil (Post 1359600)
Pootharekulu is made out of thick starch taken from cooking rice and spread dried in the sun (to give it that wafery quality) and sprinkled with castor sugar and hand rolled.

Bon Appetit,

Pootharekulu are in fact made on a medium to large mud pot. Basically, the pot is kept upside down on the fire, use a very thin cloth and lay it on the pot surface. Once, it is crisp, they then fill it with sugar powder and roll it up in to a small puff. If am correct, this sweet is basically famous from Vizag and surrounding areas and not Hyderabad.

In Hyderabad, try the dry fruit ladoo at PullaReddy sweets. They are amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1360043)
wil write with pics once i reach Bangalore tomorrow,

A small teaser .......

Miya Pavanrao,

Is that pic of indian rail logo?:D

And don't you dare to turn this thread into Hyderabadi Biryani log. Already Luke and Vaseem had done more damage to my stomach. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazalaliadil (Post 1359600)
That special biscuit is Osmania Biscuit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by muralisk (Post 1360297)
Pootharekulu are in fact .....In Hyderabad, try the dry fruit ladoo at PullaReddy sweets. They are amazing.

Thanks Fazal and Murali. Not sure if this is a Hyderabad speciality but definitely not available in Bangalore. So, I always ask my sister to get some when she visits Bangalore. Also you guys are forgetting the lip-smacking 'Qubani ka Meetha'. It is lunch time and this thread is making me hungry by the minute...lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1360043)
A small teaser .......

Pavan, that VW Monogram is too big and not the 'correct' one for your VW Baywindow bus. It belongs on the front of a VW Split window. OMG, don't tell me you guys picked up a split:). *Calls Pavan to confirm, but not reachable :Frustrati*

EDIT: The pic looks like you are standing on the front face of a Split..lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 1360330)
Miya Pavanrao,

Is that pic of indian rail logo?:D

And don't you dare to turn this thread into Hyderabadi Biryani log. Already Luke and Vaseem had done more damage to my stomach. :p

Well Just back to good old Bengaluru, Its just so wonderful to be back at home. Yes Biryani's were just out of the world experience, no words to explain the way they prepare it:D

And thats not the Indian Rail logo Mr. Thats a Volkswagen logo FYI :-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# (Post 1360360)
Also you guys are forgetting the lip-smacking 'Qubani ka Meetha'. It is lunch time and this thread is making me hungry by the minute...lol.

Pavan, that VW Monogram is too big and not the 'correct' one for your VW Baywindow bus. It belongs on the front of a VW Split window. OMG, don't tell me you guys picked up a split:). *Calls Pavan to confirm, but not reachable :Frustrati*

EDIT: The pic looks like you are standing on the front face of a Split..lol

Forget qurbani ka meetha, i was more interested in the classics and vintages around, forgot almost every thing there.

Sadly your Biryani did not survive to see todays daylight, only the Bill survived:D,

Will detail the travelogue very shortly, lots of exhaustive photos, need to resize them, certainly about the purchase, i'll detail it with a new thread on Classics section. Better let me not turn a travelogue into a vintage and classic thread.

Day 1- 22nd June 2009:

Myself and Brat001, reach Cantonment for our Kacheguda express scheduled to depart at 7:15 pm, short while we boarded the 2A compartment, confirmation of waitlisted ticket was Rs400/- at the last moment. Hyderabad was no 620 kms away from us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1361592)
And thats not the Indian Rail logo Mr. Thats a Volkswagen logo FYI :-D

yeah man, i know it is your dear vw.[ thats why there is smiley in my post].
but what is that logo doing in trainlogue.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 1361677)
but what is that logo doing in trainlogue.?

Will detail the VW part exclusively on a different thread later:D

Day 2: 23rd June 2009

Delayed by an hour the train reaches Kacheguda at 6:30 am. Luckily for us Carbug (Goutam) had booked a decent accomodation at a convenient location, Hotel woodbridge-Lakdi ka pul. Quite a decent one. Reach there by an autorikshaw, 5 kms we were charged Rs. 50/-.

We take some rest, freshen ourselves and have a quick complimentary breakfast of not so nice as Bengaluru's Idly and vada. 9:30 am Carbug was at the hotel in his Red Swift. We were supposed to visit some interesting places (Mostly old car adda's ) around the city.

Deep inside my cravings for the Hyderabadi Biryani was growing by the moment.:D

Some pics