Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2009, 14:48   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR

Dear All,
I started this thread to share my experiences during my vacation to Coorg. We had this trip in end of April. Myself, my wife and my Kid of 5 year old. We were all excited to do this trip as this was our longest trip in the car (total 1900 KM). We had more than dozen trips in the same car but those were all smaller ones not exceeding 1000 KM. Though every one were little apprehensive about my trip as I was the only driver in my family. But never had my spirits let down. I was enjoying the driving while my family was enjoying their sleep in 2nd A/C setup in my car (WagonR seats can be folded in such a way that you get L share combining Rear seats and Front Passenger Seats).
The itinerary in short was:
• Depart from Hyderabad at 30th April 2008 4 PM.
• Arrive at Mysore 5:30 AM on 1st May 2009
• Sight seeing in Mysore (Maharaja Palace, Lalitha Mahal Palace (excellent coffe in the evening at palace corridor), Chamundi Hills, Bull Temple, Maharaja Palace at night (Oh! What a great experience as the entire palace is lit up with lights)
• Drive to Madikeri on 2nd May 2009 at 7:00 am covering tibetan monestry, Nisargadhama before reaching Madikeri.
• Sight seeing in Madikeri (Breath taking view at raja’s seat, Madikeri Fort).
• Drive to Talakaveri on 3rd May 2009 at 7:30 am covering Bhagamadala. Again excellent view at the birth place of Great Kaveri River.
• Drive to Abby Falls on 3rd May 2009 Evening.
• Drive to Dubare elephant camp on 4th May 2009 at 7:30 am. Oh! What an experience playing with elephants that too so many. I have seen around 60 elephants at one place near Guruvayur but those were all tied down. This place is excellent.
• Drive back to Hyderabad (excellent lunch at Kamat Lokaruchi, Off chennapatna (80 KM from Bangalore)).
• Reach to Hyderabad on 5th May 2009 4:30 AM.

Though Night driving is little bit difficult than day driving, I managed to do that as I know each inch of Hyderabad – Bangalore road. Ghat roads in and around Madikeri are not that scary but badly maintained (may be by purpose to slow you down).

Overall experience was excellent and I do recommend to go to Coorg (especially from November to April).

Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman
Old 22nd June 2009, 15:19   #2
BHPian

Nice start. It would be amazing if you upload the pics. We are waiting to see the snaps.
Old 22nd June 2009, 15:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

nice trip. more details please. knowing each and every inch of hyd-blore is a tall claim. i think this road is on constant change and can take you by surprise. waiting for pics. night driving is quite a feat on its own.
Old 22nd June 2009, 15:57   #4
BHPian

coorg is always beautiful; share pictures and place of stay and other details ...
Old 22nd June 2009, 16:38   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
nice trip. more details please. knowing each and every inch of hyd-blore is a tall claim. i think this road is on constant change and can take you by surprise. waiting for pics. night driving is quite a feat on its own.
I will upload snaps in a day or two. My home town, study place etc., all lay on Hyderabad - Blore road. Though there is a constant change in the road, the places will never change. atleast, I know where the turn is, where is the level crossing, how far another town, where I can get what etc.,
Old 22nd June 2009, 20:37   #6
BHPian

Coorg is always pleasant and beautiful. Thats the only reason I left my job and life in Bangalore and shifted base to Coorg

Please share photos and post a detailed log.
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:18   #7
BHPian

All,

here are pictures taken from Sony cybershot 12MP. photos are compressed to fit to save space..
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00120.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00134.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00149.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00171.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00176.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00207.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00217.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00219.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00249.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00290.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00306.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00320.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00350.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00369.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00370.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00399.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00405.jpg  

Hyderabad to Coorg via Mysore in WagonR-dsc00408.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2009, 12:08   #8
BHPian

Nice pictures. I am sure that you have lots more to upload. I know it takes time. But, am waiting to see more.
Old 24th June 2009, 01:52   #9
BHPian

Good photos there. Please upload more photos if you have.
Old 24th June 2009, 16:57   #10
BHPian

Nice pics. Please do explain the places in the pics...
Old 25th June 2009, 07:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Coorg is a really beautiful place. I also was there from 8th to 10th May. Missed out on Dubare due to shortage of time. May be next time. Keep up the pictures.
Old 23rd September 2009, 00:43   #12
BHPian

Hi Raghu,
As I have mentioned in another thread, I will be going to Coorg from Hyd. in the coming weekend, and need the following info. Can you please help?

1. How to bypass Bangalore city to go to Mysore? A bit detailed route description of the ring road will be nice. And from where can I get it?

2. Can I get some hotel for a night-halt at the outskirts of Bangalore? It can be either on the Hyderabad side on NH-7 or on the Mysore road after getting out of the city?

Thanks.
Old 6th October 2009, 12:19   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Hi Raghu,
As I have mentioned in another thread, I will be going to Coorg from Hyd. in the coming weekend, and need the following info. Can you please help?

1. How to bypass Bangalore city to go to Mysore? A bit detailed route description of the ring road will be nice. And from where can I get it?

2. Can I get some hotel for a night-halt at the outskirts of Bangalore? It can be either on the Hyderabad side on NH-7 or on the Mysore road after getting out of the city?

Thanks.
Sorry 9tMax, I could not respond to you in time. Have u already done the trip? If no, just let me know I can help you in detail...

Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman

Most Viewed