Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2009, 21:22   #1
BANNED

My Trip to Shirdi - The Holy Place of Sai Baba.

Hi All,
I recently visited to Shirdi for the first time, So I would like to share the experience with you all.

So Here I go -
  • Route; Delhi > Mumbai > Silvassa > Shirdi (via Triambakeshwara Temple).
  • Mode Of Transport ; Delhi-Mumbai By Air & Mumbai - Silvassa- Shirdi By Car (Toyota Innova G).

DAY 1

On Wednesday 27th May morning we departed to Mumbai by flight, It took approx. 2 hours and we were on the land of Maharashtra's capital and India's Financial capital, Mumbai, As I had already visited Mumbai so it made no sense to visit it again after an year, So without wasting any time we headed towards Silvassa in our Toyota Innova [G].
After around 4 hour long drive I saw a board saying Dadra & Nagar Haveli welcomes you and as the time was passing & Kms decreasing my excitement rate started increasing!
Finally, We reached in UT Silvassa and when i came out of car, I felt the temperature to be moderate and low in comparision to Delhi's!!

DAY 2

It was now our next day and we planned to visit the nearby places by car...................
The Real Adventure Now Begins!
As everyone of you must be knowing that Silvassa is mostly filled with factories of Big Brands like Hinustan Unilever Limited, Siyaram's, Parle Agro etc etc theres nothing much to see there except of these factories, the smoke coming from their chimneys polluting environment and those heavy trucks!

I visited one of the factory there(Cannot post the pictures here due to security reasons.) Apart from this, I visited the local market etc.
Now, Our driver told us that at a distance of 9Kms. theres a wildlife Park where we can find Lions etc (I had previously visited Jim Corbett but spotted none of the tiger, So i didn't had any hopes)but still we headed towards the park in a hope of spotting one
When we reached on the entry gate of wildlife park, It was clearly mentioned (Theres only 1 Lion Inside!)I left all the hopes now, We sat in their van and moved towards the forest and after few Kms we found something lying near a pond, It was of goldenish colour and Wow!What was that!?!, It was a Lion, Not Lion but actually a Lioness.

The driver stopped the van very close to her and I started taking her snaps, It was really a great moment but because she was the only lioness in forest, She was very sad and didn't did much activity, After asking from their authority we found there 3 more tigers will bought soon.
After this Jungle tour was over we headed to the Daman Dam which was very near to it.

Had a great time there the flow of water was really very fast that the water was looking like milk because of white colour, Rest you can take an idea from the pics.

DAY 3

This day was even more exciting because we had to depart for Shirdi .
On day 3 we visited few more places in Daman & Diu, Like Beaches, Parks etc of which I'm not going to share much you can view the pics yourself and enjoy.

The Main Part Now Begins!........................

DAY 4

This is the day on which the whole thread is based upon!
It was 4 AM early morning I woke up with all the excitement level at extreme to head towards the place of Shri Sai Baba, Shirdi.
We started our journey with the name Sai and it was all great then, Our car was the only one which was on those empty roads, No person, No vehicle Just our car, Also we spotted few tribals in our way(Not those which must be imagining saying hoo-la-hoo etc).
They wear clothes and had mashal in their hands.
At 7 PM our driver told that we have reached on the land of Lord Shiva, Yes, It was none other than Triambakeshwara Temple, As we we went closer to temple we were able to hear the chants saying "Har har Bhole Namah Shivaya".
We done up with the darshan etc in less than 40 Minutes time!.....Now continuing our trip to shirdi we hoped same for there too.

The Shirdi Experience Begins........................

It was 11 AM and I saw a huge board saying, Welcome To Shirdi - The Holy Place of Shri Sai Baba.
So without taking any trouble of booking any hotel there first, We right away went for the darshan.
Within half an hour we had darshan etc and after the noon aarti(known as Madhayan Aarti) we went to visit other places in and around the Temple like Khandoba's temple and others are as follows,
  • Gurusthan
  • Dwarkamai
  • Chawdi
  • Smadhi Mandir(Main Temple)
  • Lendi Bagh
  • Museum of Sai Baba
  • Samadhi Of Abdul Baba and other devotees.
Use of Mobile Phones, Cameras etc is strictly prohibited under Temples Premises, So no pics of there.
After visiting all nearby places we searched for a hotel, All the hotels near main temple were full, So we got booked a hotel which had 15 minute distance from Main Temple.

DAY 5

On the day 5, We attended the moring aarti, Also known as Kakkad Aarti, and again we entered in the Darshan queue and this time it took around one and a half hour to get darshan as it was sunday.
On the same day we went to the Shani Temple which has 3hours distance from Shirdi.
We covered everything and returned back in eveing, We all were tired by now but still full of joy and happiness.
It was time to go back to silvassa and we headed back to it with the hopes that we will make our trip again to shirdi soon!
The way we came, same way we went back to delhi on our 7th Day, which was a whole week trip, and must say that this was one of my very memorable trip yet.

If you have some similar experience of this place, Please feel free to share them here, Pics to come up soon, So keep watching this thread.

VT
Old 29th June 2009, 10:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Atleast name the factory you visited. I think Mahindra, right ? When we went to Shirdi, there was some stockyard for Mahindra vehicles, so making the guess.

About Shirdi, the queue is too much for me, so now we are not visiting any famous temples as rahter than feeling peace of mind, we end up thinking " Will my car be scratched ? ", " What is state of my footwear that I have to remove miles ahead of temple ? ". There are instances of even pick-pocketing reported from Shirdi. May be we can say that because we visited a devine place a big blow was converted to small one and we just lost a wallet.

Waiting eagerly for pictures.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey nice to see you here mate, awaiting for your trips pictures.And as AG said was it mahindra factory you visited?
Old 29th June 2009, 15:45   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Atleast name the factory you visited. I think Mahindra, right ? When we went to Shirdi, there was some stockyard for Mahindra vehicles, so making the guess.

About Shirdi, the queue is too much for me, so now we are not visiting any famous temples as rahter than feeling peace of mind, we end up thinking " Will my car be scratched ? ", " What is state of my footwear that I have to remove miles ahead of temple ? ". There are instances of even pick-pocketing reported from Shirdi. May be we can say that because we visited a devine place a big blow was converted to small one and we just lost a wallet.

Waiting eagerly for pictures.
Hi aggoswami,
Thanks for your reply.
No that wasn't a Mahindra Factory, That was a chemical factory actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
hey nice to see you here mate, awaiting for your trips pictures.And as AG said was it mahindra factory you visited?
Hey Vijay,
Nice to see you here as well.
Its quite a tough to upload pics from TBHP server because it takes much time and I've around 30 pics, Anyways I'll upload them soon here and for the meantime you and others can Check the pics directly here.

Thanks,
VT

Last edited by *VT* : 29th June 2009 at 15:58.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:54   #5
Team-BHP Support

@VT: I think the low upload speed is due to the recent shift, give it a day or two and then it should be breeze to upload. Also use ms office picture manager to resize the images, it takes only 2 clicks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks