Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 11:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Though nice location with nice weather, its wrong time to head any beach. your itinerary somewhat went wrong.
Ideally, you should go first to harihareshwar from mhasala. check the temple and black beach on mtdc resort side. Then travel toward diveagar via shrivardhan and seaside road.
In the evening, hop on beach at diveagar. Next morning, again beach and check out the resort. Go to dighi and have sailboat ride to janjira fort. Come back to dighi and back to pune via borli panchayat-mhasala-mangaon-tamhini.

Quote:
probably we entered from wrong place (near MTDC Exotica)
Its correct place to enter the beach. there is one icegollawala.
if sand is wet, you can take your vehicle on beach for beach drive. i had done it couple of times.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 6th July 2009 at 11:49.
Old 6th July 2009, 11:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

End of A Wonderful Trip

We had a heavy breakfast & left from Divegar.
The Drive Back was Fun again on twisties, we experienced Dry roads, Wet roads, Waterfalls, Fog, good roads, bad roads, Bridges all in this one single drive

Here is the last set of Pictures of a wonderful weekend in Konkan.

A Quick Monsoon Drive To Konkan (Pune - Diveagar - Shrivardhan - Harihareshwar )-img_0218.jpg

A Quick Monsoon Drive To Konkan (Pune - Diveagar - Shrivardhan - Harihareshwar )-img_0229.jpg

A Quick Monsoon Drive To Konkan (Pune - Diveagar - Shrivardhan - Harihareshwar )-img_0225.jpg

A Quick Monsoon Drive To Konkan (Pune - Diveagar - Shrivardhan - Harihareshwar )-img_0230.jpg

A Quick Monsoon Drive To Konkan (Pune - Diveagar - Shrivardhan - Harihareshwar )-img_0232.jpg

A Quick Monsoon Drive To Konkan (Pune - Diveagar - Shrivardhan - Harihareshwar )-img_0234.jpg

A Quick Monsoon Drive To Konkan (Pune - Diveagar - Shrivardhan - Harihareshwar )-img_0258.jpg

A Quick Monsoon Drive To Konkan (Pune - Diveagar - Shrivardhan - Harihareshwar )-img_0249.jpg

My Alto performed very well, we did 430 kms & the tank is still 1/4 full

I hope you guys enjoyed these pics. I really wish I had a better camera during this drive not that my tiny P&s disappoint me its just that if I could get such images from this camera, a better camera would have done wonders.
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2009, 11:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

wow great pics. there is a lot of greenery.
how long did it take you to reach diveagar? it seems there was no much rush there. i am planning the diveagar trip in august. so that its possible to go to murud janjira too. i cant dare to go the sea route in rains atleast
Old 6th July 2009, 12:01   #19
BHPian

Technocrat,

A nice travelogue/photologue. I have been visiting Diveagar for last 7-8 years and sadly, I have seen the beach deteorating over the years. The first time I went there back in 2002 or 2001, it was a prestine virgin beach with white sand and clear water upto knee deep level. However, over the years, the sand has turned from white to gray to almost black now. There is too much commercialization of Divegar with almost every other house has become a lodge/resort. Last time I had been there was this April 5th and, there were atleast more than 500 to 700 people on the beach, littering plastic and booze bottles all over the beach. I could see a couple of Bhelwala's, coconutwala's and they were adding more rubbish to the beach.

Anyways, I have few suggestions to keep the beach clean and had a chat with Sarpanch there and he said he would look into those suggestions.

Otherwise, this place is awesome. 3 hours drive from Pune and excellent "wadis". Food options available are simple, cheap and excellent choice for veg and fish lovers.

Once again thanks for lovely photographs.

takecare and drive safely
Old 6th July 2009, 12:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
wow fabulous, great pics!

cant wait to do a monsoon drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHIR.KITTUR View Post
viewing all these pictures make me feel like talking the next flight to India.

Missing the mansoons !
Thanks guys, yes while in Pune we are yet to get proper Monsoons, In Konkan things were quite different

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@techno,
nice pics.
on which day you was on this road?
i traveled on this road on 2 July and the weather was misty at plus valley.
We went on 3rd & came back on 4th Ashish
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Nice location & great pics techno. How far is this from Pune ?
Thanks John, This is around 130 kms from Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Horribly awesomes. My Northie eyes are going green at that greenery.

Go on man
Lol thats nice to know otherwise its always we guys who envy the guys in North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Wow. the rain pics are awesome. Keep it coming please.
Perfect pictures, only thought in my mind was that you could have reduced the sky to 1/3 in your second lot.
Thanks, I was just taking snaps wherever I felt like (took over 250 pics actually ) have posted only the selected few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Great travelogue and great pics. Truly awesome stuff and I see some roads are in bad shape. Nevertheless, its truly great places to visit.
Yes they are, but not bad enough to make you not go there besides it just a patch of 5 odd kms here & there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
look at that location, unbelievably exotic. Rain there is icing on cake, portrayed by beautiful pics, a treat to eyes
Glad to know you liked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Though nice location with nice weather, its wrong time to head any beach. your itinerary somewhat went wrong.
Ideally, you should go first to harihareshwar from mhasala. check the temple and black beach on mtdc resort side. Then travel toward diveagar via shrivardhan and seaside road.
In the evening, hop on beach at diveagar. Next morning, again beach and check out the resort. Go to dighi and have sailboat ride to janjira fort. Come back to dighi and back to pune via borli panchayat-mhasala-mangaon-tamhini.

Its correct place to enter the beach. there is one icegollawala.
if sand is wet, you can take your vehicle on beach for beach drive. i had done it couple of times.
Not really wrong, thats how even we would have planned but we couldnt get any bookings in Harihareshwar, so checked with few guys & came to know that this wouldnt be a issue at Diveagar also since Harihareshwar is more commercial & had black sand we decided to go this way. Btw we went to Diveagar beach thrice, once when we reach then on saturday night & then on Sunday morning

But yes next time around will be going to Harihareshwar first & will also include Janjira boat ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
wow great pics. there is a lot of greenery.
how long did it take you to reach diveagar? it seems there was no much rush there. i am planning the diveagar trip in august. so that its possible to go to murud janjira too. i cant dare to go the sea route in rains atleast
We started around 7 & reached by 11, had lots of breaks for taking pics & wasn't going above 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar View Post
Technocrat,

A nice travelogue/photologue. I have been visiting Diveagar for last 7-8 years and sadly, I have seen the beach deteorating over the years. The first time I went there back in 2002 or 2001, it was a prestine virgin beach with white sand and clear water upto knee deep level. However, over the years, the sand has turned from white to gray to almost black now. There is too much commercialization of Divegar with almost every other house has become a lodge/resort. Last time I had been there was this April 5th and, there were atleast more than 500 to 700 people on the beach, littering plastic and booze bottles all over the beach. I could see a couple of Bhelwala's, coconutwala's and they were adding more rubbish to the beach.

Anyways, I have few suggestions to keep the beach clean and had a chat with Sarpanch there and he said he would look into those suggestions.

Otherwise, this place is awesome. 3 hours drive from Pune and excellent "wadis". Food options available are simple, cheap and excellent choice for veg and fish lovers.

Once again thanks for lovely photographs.

takecare and drive safely
Thanks Rajesh, we didnt see any commercial stalls in Diveagar maybe it was becasue of Off Season but yes quite a bit of mess with all that garbage. The hotel owner told me that the panchayat has decided not to have electricity for lamps on the beach as that will mean more shops at evening & night life which will add to the chaos.
Old 6th July 2009, 12:54   #21
BHPian

gr8 pics TC!

the seas look pretty rough though.

PS: i see you have succumbed to the comfort of the 4-wheeler eh? tch tch!
Old 6th July 2009, 16:32   #22
BHPian

Wow! I am jealous!

Lovely pics (your camera is good enough, and you have a good hand at it as well)!

And best of all, your car looks fabulous! Serious, I just love the colour and the way you have kept it!
Old 6th July 2009, 16:48   #23
BHPian

Good stuff technocrat, last time we stayed at Prathamesh resort, rooms were ok but the surrounding of that resort was really good, the cottages are in the middle of Coconut and Supari trees. loved that place a lot. can you post some pics of the room of the resort you stayed in?
Old 6th July 2009, 17:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Coughar, Yeah man its been long since I went on long ride.

@Glifford: Thanks Buddy, yes the results have come nice & that's why I was wondering that may be a better camera would do more justice to the natural beauty that we saw especially with more zoom. As for car yeah I try my best to keep her looking as good as new, she is almost 4 years old now

@TK: Thanks, If we hadnt spotted this place we would have stayed in Prathamesh too. Sorry didn't click any room pictures. This place too had coconut trees around
Old 6th July 2009, 17:47   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful weather and that greenry is making me so jealous. I was supposed to be in the Konkan area in July and alas, wont be there now.

Looks the Konkan region already received a lot of rainfall and here in the deccan platue we are still praying for rains to arrive.

Looks like you had a lot of fun in that amazing weather
Old 6th July 2009, 18:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks mobike. Yes the greenery was really an eye tonic for us

We felt so sad when we saw so much of sunlight & dry roads on reaching Pune since during our entire trip the weather was almost same through out the day, it was all cloudy, windy & cool.
Old 17th July 2009, 00:56   #27
BHPian

what kind of accomodation in harihareshwar? planing a trip this weekend.
mtdc good? prices? prior bookings necessary?
Old 17th July 2009, 12:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

We stayed in Diveagar, there are lot of places & this being off-season avilability should not be an issue. MTDC in Harihareshwar should be ideal as I am not aware of other options.
Also advance booking is possible for MTDC so it would be better if you get it.
Old 18th July 2009, 00:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Technocrat : Very nice photoblog/travelogue. The place looks so amazing. Monsoon really brings out the best of India. The wet roads, droplets on the windscreen, the seawaves, dark clouds overhead and empty stretch of roads.. all the more reason to just get into the car and drive . Awesome man!! it's like. awesome!! awesome!! awesome !!

Mobike : yeah!!weather is playing hide and seek here in the Deccan plateau. Clouds are over the head but no rain yet !!GOd!!
Old 18th July 2009, 12:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

I have been itching to do a drive down the entire coast road from Bombay to Konkan.
Your pictures and the monsoon have just helped me make up my mind.

Is it illegal to drive on to the beach, or is it allowed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks