Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 13:16   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
thx shajufx! i think since this is a junction as well, problems get compounded here.
Are these curves really life threatening? I mean, this is a junction where the road splits for going to Ajra and there are right turns as well. Automatically are'nt we expected to slow down? Atleast I did every time I drove in this stretch and never found myself losing control or the curve being bad.

The Tawandi Ghat section, I would say is badly banked at places. Unless an invididual takes corrective action it is quiet possible to spill over to the next lane.

But yes, I love this drive and infact I will be doing this trip to Pune this weekend and back by next weekend. I hope to enjoy the rains this time.

Well written log.

Nainar
Old 9th July 2009, 13:24   #32
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Are these curves really life threatening? I mean, this is a junction where the road splits for going to Ajra and there are right turns as well. Automatically are'nt we expected to slow down? Atleast I did every time I drove in this stretch and never found myself losing control or the curve being bad.

Nainar
The junction where there is a split is not life threatening because we need to slow down due to the junction to make way for the crossing.

The one immediately after this one is tricky. Under-estimation is the term which comes to my mind regarding the turn and it goes downhill too. So you have to make a steep turn at a decent pace which not many people expect.
Old 15th July 2009, 00:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Is this the place, where two of our bhp'ians (andiram +!) faced with an accident in their Swift? Are people trying to do anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I think their swift met with an accident in Gujrat part of the quadilateral.
This curve is in Maharashtra.
It is not the same curve. We had our accident in Rajasthan while travelling from Udaipur to Ahmedabad in a place called Bichhiwada.
Old 15th July 2009, 08:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
But yes, I love this drive and infact I will be doing this trip to Pune this weekend and back by next weekend. I hope to enjoy the rains this time.

Nainar
Thats great! Please get us some insight and photographs of what you think of these unmarked and said dangerous sections of the NH4 stretch.
Hope you get to check this post in time as well.
Old 15th July 2009, 12:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

A very good & detailed report you have done.
The final line regarding the speed is very true.
Old 15th July 2009, 12:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
The final line regarding the speed is very true.
Err.. which one is that?
Old 20th July 2009, 15:48   #37
BHPian

The rains have caused some pot holes in this stretch. Especially one life threatening one some 6 kmsbefore Kini toll gate while coming from Pune. I escaped miraculously as the pot hole is very big and running over that at 110kmph will be sure shot recipe for disaster. Even the Khambatki ghat section has some major potholes.

The roads after Ranibennur( while coming from Pune ) are also a huge mess. Just before the second railway gate, things have deteriorated very bad.

On a positive note though, most of the rivers are filled with water. I have never seen this river near Ranibennur to have water and now it iwas running to the brim.

Driving in the rain was even more fun though.

Nainar

Most Viewed