Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2009, 20:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
WOW! Superb stuff & classy photographs. Those photographs talks about the dead silent that you experience in forests. Keep adding more & more
Surprise,
Like you very well put it, the silence, serenity, peace, tranquility and endless majestic beauty, experienced there cannot be put in either words or photographs.
Keep looking out, I am going to add more pics from camera 2 & 3, which will be a treat again.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
This is a real visual treat, Fazal. For those of us who are just sitting at one place and enjoying the recession, photologues such as this are like real weekend trips.
pjay,
This is more reason to getaway when life pinches you due to recession or whatever, you come back so refreshed and remain so, for so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Fazalaliadil Saab,

Very crisp pictures of nature and wild life. The log is a feast to eyes.
dwarka,
Thank you so much, I will be adding more very soon.
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 18th July 2009 at 20:50.
Old 18th July 2009, 21:13   #62
BHPian

This is amazingly beautiful. I was born and brought up in Ooty and had the opportunity to travel through Mudumalai and Bandipur wild life sanctuaries many a times. I have spotted tigers and elephants many times, but during those days I didn’t have a camera to capture it so that I could cherish the scenic beauties through out my life but you have captured it in a very beautiful way. These photographs rekindled my reminiscence and for a brief period I went down my memory lane and the natural beauty of Mudumalai and Bandipur flashed in my memory for a long time. I just couldn’t take eyes of such beautiful photographs. Please post more photographs that you had taken. Thank you very much for sharing the photographs.
Old 18th July 2009, 21:39   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Every once in a while you encounter something special in life that makes you realise how beautiful our world is and how fortunate we are to live so close to so much beauty.

The places you visited Fazal and captured so beautifully through outstanding photography just made me get that warm reassuring feeling that we are still so close to so much beauty.

Thanks a ton for sharing something that obviously touched you deeply (your pictures show that about you) and I hope someday soon we can have the privilege of joining you on a similar trip.
Couldnt have said it better. Breathtaking pictures. Makes me want to get away from it all. Just jump in my car and drive away to see true beauty.

Fazal - Thanks so much for the pictures. It makes us city locked folks feel it truly is a beautiful world.

Rgds,
Old 20th July 2009, 12:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

Dear Fazal Sir,

Beautiful pictures and writeup. Nagarahole (River that moves like the snake) is very close to my heart since this was where I saw my first tiger.

A few small corrections -
1. The Snakebird that you mention is the Darter and not the Purple Heron. The image on the first page is that of the Darter too.
2. The Sambhar is not known as the Swamp Deer. The Swamp Deer is the Bharasingha which is found in the North.
3. The image below the Painted Stork and the Croc is that of the Black-capped Night Heron.
4. White Egret is the Little Egret in breeding plummage.
5. The White Ibis is also called the Black-headed Ibis.
Old 20th July 2009, 13:08   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Dear Fazal Sir,

Beautiful pictures and writeup. Nagarahole (River that moves like the snake) is very close to my heart since this was where I saw my first tiger.

A few small corrections -
1. The Snakebird that you mention is the Darter and not the Purple Heron. The image on the first page is that of the Darter too.
2. The Sambhar is not known as the Swamp Deer. The Swamp Deer is the Bharasingha which is found in the North.
3. The image below the Painted Stork and the Croc is that of the Black-capped Night Heron.
4. White Egret is the Little Egret in breeding plummage.
5. The White Ibis is also called the Black-headed Ibis.
Discoverwild,
Your name says it all and you related knowledge is awesome.
Appreciate your comments but your correction more than that, Thank you.
Sambar (cervus unicolor) has 14 subspecies, 3 in India.
True that the Barasingha...(a mature bull has 10-14 tines on it's antlers) is known as a Swamp Deer which is now only surviving in the wild, in north India and extinct elsewhere as their antlers were much sought after by trophy hunters for their decorative value, prior to the 1972 wildlife act.
In many books, I have seen the Sambar reffered to, as the Swamp Deer.
However, I admire your interest and awareness related to wildlife.
Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks