Team-BHP - Hosur-Mahabalipuram-Kalahasti-Hosur
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Hosur-Mahabalipuram-Kalahasti-Hosur (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/61493-hosur-mahabalipuram-kalahasti-hosur.html)

Hi Friends,

We have planned a weekend trip with my family in Innova to Mahabalipuram and Sri Kalahasti this weekend (Tomorrow). We will be starting at 4AM on 11-07-09 from Hosur.

I need Route help, below is the Route guide I have got please advise if that is the right path -
Hosur - krishnagiri-Vellore-Kaveripakkam-Kanchipuram-Walajahwath-Sengalpet-Mahabalipuram
Mahabalipuram-Sengalpet-Chennai Bypass-Red Hills-Kalahasti
Kalahasti - Tirupathi Airport Road-Chittor-Vellore-Krishnagiri-Hosur

(I would not take the Tiruvanamalai Road (Pondy Road) because of bad road conditions)

Friends I will be starting in next 6 Hours please let me know the coorect route, I need to sane time and Road conditions should be good beause My Four months old Son is joining the trip.

Your route is correct, and the road is good, except that I do not know the condition of the road from Sengalpet to Mahabalipuram, which is a small district road.

You have to go off NH4 into Kanchi, through town onto the Sengalpet road.

You are missing out on the lovely ECR to Madras by going back to Sengalpet. I do not know how you cut into the bypass at Madras from the ECR, am sure someone in the group can guide you there.

From Madras, ideally you should take NH5 towards Nellore, turn off at Tada to get to Kalahasti, or alternatively take NH204 (again at Red Hills) to go via Puttur to Renigunta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 1379138)
You are missing out on the lovely ECR to Madras by going back to Sengalpet. I do not know how you cut into the bypass at Madras from the ECR, am sure someone in the group can guide you there.

This may be too late for the OP but still...

There is a link road from ECR to Old Mahabalipuram near Kelambakkam. This left turn (while comming from Mahabalipuram) is well marked. Take this road, join Old Mahabalipuram road at Kelambakkam and take the Kelambakkam - Vandalur road (SH121) and you will join NH 45 near Vanadalur zoo. Take a right in to NH45 and take Chennai bye pass.

But Chennai byepass is operational only upto NH4 intersection at Maduravayal and not upto Redhills. From Maduravayal the following options are there

1. If you are new to Chennai, take a right turn in to NH4 (called Poonamalle High road / EVR Rad) , go upto Koyambedu rounadout (3 kms) take a left turn into Inner ring road and drive to Redhills via Padi flyover. This is longer and you may face heavy traffic.

2. Take the service along the the under construction bye pass road after cutting across NH4 and drive along till MTH road junction (Ambattur telephone exchange), turn right into MTH road , reach padi flyover and take a left turn (below the flyover) and join Inner ring road and drive to Red Hills. This is much shorter but be sure to take the right turn into MTH road. The service road is quite good but occassional jams may be there due to construction work

Thanks for all the inputs Raju and HV Kumar.

Here comes the Route details -

1) From Hosur to Mahabalipuram
Hosur - krishnagiri-Vellore-Kanchipuram-Sengalpet-Mahabalipuram

2) Mahabalipuram to Sri Kalahasti
Mahabalipuram-ECR-Guindy-Vadapalani -Lucas Signal-Red Hills-Nellor Road-Tada - Kalahasti

3) Sri Kalahasti - Hosur
Kalahasti - Tirupathi Airport Road-Chittor-katpadi -Vellore - Krishnagiri-Hosur

Started at 6AM from Hosur, reached Kanchipuram at 9.30AM, reached Perumal Temple 11.30PM (11Kms from Mahabalipuram towards Chennai).
After offering Pooja started at 2PM, enjoyed driving on ECR went to Thiruvanmayur beach had a good time at the beach for almost 30 Minutes.
headed towards Vadaplani via guindy and reached Vasanth Bhavan Hotel for lunch. Started at 4PM from Vadaplani headed towards Kalahasti via Redhills and Nellor Road. Reached Kalahasti at 8PM. We had booked 3 Rooms at Prakash Paradise (Rs 900 AC room which can accomodate 2).
After a good nap, went to Kalahasti temple at 6AM, there was a huge crowd managed to come out by 12PM after pooja and darshan.
Had a good lunch at Hotel Saravana Bhavan. Started at 3PM from Kalahasti headed towards Chittor-Vellore and reached Home at 9PM.

One best part was I really enjoyed driving Innova, It was the first time I ever drove it. We covered almost 826 Kms in total, I let the driver drive only 50Kms rest i took the pleasure of driving. I enjoyed every bit and every moment driving the fantastic machine. I did not feel any tiredness, it was luxurious, spacious. it gave fuel efficiency of 13Kpl.
Will upload few pics shortly.

Here comes few Pics -