Team-BHP - Scotland Saga: The 1st Installment
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Scotland Saga: The 1st Installment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/61709-scotland-saga-1st-installment-4.html)

Maddy and S0uljah , Thanks. Will post more pics soon.
@Mx6 , I got to know about the William Wallace monument ,some weeks ago from a friend and I am not going to miss it when I visit stirling.

Hai Roopakar, MX6 and others,

Great story and nice photos.

Just finished 4 days in Inverness, drove up to John, O. Groats and Dunnets Head (the rearl northern tip of UK), drove to Skye Islls and a lot of local driving. Drove back the Fort Williams route to Keswick, spent 3 days in the Lake district, 2 eyes and a handful of cameras are not enough to see the beauty of chaning colours this season here.

Drove down to Bristol from Keswick today, will do the Lands End drive tomorrow, thus will complete the northern and southern tips of UK. Lots of Photos coming up in a travalogue when I reach Inida around 28th.

Just adding one picture so as not to hijack your thread:)

@ MX6: Great picture of Ice that one you loaded; ice on some of these roads can be a horror story, wonder how one can drive up an down those twisties when it's snowing hard!!!!

--Ramky
=======

@Ramky :- Good to know that you have completed your road trip. Looks like you covered a lot of places.
I was there in lake district during 17th weekend. I also visited Keswick. Did you visit the James Bond Museum where you could see all the vehicles used in James Bond Movies ?

As you see, I was on a tight schedule, the rain was playing hide and seek & where it was raining, we skipped the place and drove through. If we had waited for the rain to stop, we would have missed many daily target points, even at Fort William & the Loc Ness Cruise Point was pouring, we drove through, but could see lots of other places. Could not visit the James Bond Museum!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by roopakr (Post 1546945)
@Ramky :- Good to know that you have completed your road trip. Looks like you covered a lot of places.
I was there in lake district during 17th weekend. I also visited Keswick. Did you visit the James Bond Museum where you could see all the vehicles used in James Bond Movies ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramkya1 (Post 1546528)
Hai Roopakar, MX6 and others,

@ MX6: Great picture of Ice that one you loaded; ice on some of these roads can be a horror story, wonder how one can drive up an down those twisties when it's snowing hard!!!!

--Ramky
=======

Was snowing mad on our way back. I have it in my camcorder. Will search it out and post a video clipping showing how it was to drive when it snowed soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1547030)
Was snowing mad on our way back. I have it in my camcorder. Will search it out and post a video clipping showing how it was to drive when it snowed soon!

On my way back from Edinburgh to Leeds, it had rained and the whole Scottish Borders county was engulfed in thick fog with visibility of less than 10metres and I was driving tailgating another car . Suddenly looked at the Speedo and realised was doing about 50mph to keep pace:eek: and to save myself from getting rear-ended.

A view from the ferry

Scotland Saga: The 1st Installment-isle-arran-10-13.jpg

The Pier

Name:  Isle Of arran 38 of 59.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  389.2 KB

The Mighty White Fiat 500

Scotland Saga: The 1st Installment-isle_of_arran-5-7.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1547030)

Managed to find the video. The first 2 odd mins we are driving up to Fort Augustus. Time on the clock shows as 4:19 pm. Scottish winters! Fading light, snow all around made it difficult for my camcorder to remain in focus as we were doing above 60 mph. the last 45 sec shows how hard it was snowing on our way back from inverness to glasgow. Boy, it was amazing.

YouTube - Scotland

Hai,

Saw the clip; it has captured the snow beautifully and given a feel of the drive. It must have been difficult to drive with the lights on and snow falling. Enjoyed it thoroughly and more so the Tamil conversation. Listening to it in UK early in the morning feels like being at home:)

---

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1548760)
Managed to find the video. The first 2 odd mins we are driving up to Fort Augustus. Time on the clock shows as 4:19 pm. Scottish winters! Fading light, snow all around made it difficult for my camcorder to remain in focus as we were doing above 60 mph. the last 45 sec shows how hard it was snowing on our way back from inverness to glasgow. Boy, it was amazing.