Team-BHP - Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/61785-another-unplanned-trip-kuruva-falls-wayanad.html)

DAY 1

I would like to give a brief on the background of this trip. We were planning for 4 days outing to different places in Karnataka Malnad regions and beaches, but it dint materialize. So the plan was dropped and I was feeling low. Friday evening I was awake till around 3 am browsing thru net and looking for some other alternative to spend my boring week end. Next day woke up by 8am and called up few resorts in Wayanad, as this was one place we really wanted to visit from a long time. Finally we start from our home to this beautiful destination by 12 noon (Saturday), we could manage to leave the city by 2:30PM.

We reached HUNSUR via Srirangapatnam at around 5:45 PM. We crossed Hunsur and went straight for around 8KM, instead of taking left to Nagarhole route. Came back to Hunsur city again but atlast found that Nagarhole route is closed after 6 PM. I called up the Resort people
but he was not able to give the route info exactly :( So took a diiferent route as suggested by the local people to reach till KUTTA via GONIKOPPAL.
It was a very differentr kind of experience all together to driver in this region at this time. By the time we reach Kutta it was night 8:30. Now we had to cross the Tholpetty, the forest guard started questiong but my wife managed to expalin them as she was talking with them with local language. By the time we reach to resort it was almost 10:30. Had nice dinner and end our first day\'s journey.

NICE Road is really nice.
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-007.jpg
Delicious Dinner waiting for us.
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-023.jpg

DAY 2

Got up late as usual. Finished our Breakfast at the resort and went towards the Kurava dweep (Kurava Island) which was just 3 km from the resort. We took the ticket to cross the small water body and enter in the Island. There we again paid the entrance fee and opted for a guide. I recomend you to take the guide who can take you many unknown places. You may not be able to find this place if you u go alone. It started raining but we continued in the rain as we both like rain. Finally we reached to the other side of Island. There we found 2 small canteen, we finished our lunch there and came back again to Resort as our dress was already wet. Again after 30 min we headed toward Pookot lake. The rain was playing hide and seek game with us :)

We crossed few of water flow like this.
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-061.jpg
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-071.jpg

River at the back side of Resort.
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-009.jpg
Canteen inside the Island.
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-083.jpg
Only way to cross the river. See the Boat.
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-086.jpg
Various charges. All are reasonable.
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-095.jpg
Island Map.
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-097.jpg
Pookot Lake.
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-137.jpg

Cont ...

good one. waiting for the updates.
BTW, how much did the resort accommodation cost you?

Nice. Waiting for more details on road conditions and resort.

Also, more pics please:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 1386623)
good one. waiting for the updates.
BTW, how much did the resort accommodation cost you?

You can check on the web site

Pepper Green Village, Wayanad Resort, Kuruva Island Resort, Wayanad Holidays

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandhi (Post 1386677)
Nice. Waiting for more details on road conditions and resort.

Also, more pics please:.

Road is Good. From Hunsur to Kutta Via Gonikoppa was average. Inside Nagarhole it was awsome :)

Just adding some more pics of 2nd day...

Nice place to open the drink :)
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-015.jpg
Inside Resort

Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-029.jpg
Tree house inside the Island
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-084.jpg
On the way to phookot lake.

Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-127.jpg
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad)-wayanad-129.jpg

Nice resort and awesome scenery. So what is the total distance from Bangalore?

Also the resort website says, special rate for June and July? So how much discount did you get ?:D

Nice one. The place looks stunning and great pics.

Nice place,will it take 4 days to visit all the places around

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1388032)
Nice resort and awesome scenery. So what is the total distance from Bangalore?

Also the resort website says, special rate for June and July? So how much discount did you get ?:D

Distance from Bangalore will be 250KM through Nagarhole. We was in week day and our trip had odd timing so not specific about the discount. But they give 10-15% discount for T-Bhp member.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsagar (Post 1388184)
Nice place,will it take 4 days to visit all the places around

May be. The Kuruva Island was just 2 km away from the Resort. I think 4 days will be more than sufficient including traveling from Bangalore.

[quote=arin_12;1388490]Distance from Bangalore will be 250KM through Nagarhole. We was in week day and our trip had odd timing so not specific about the discount. But they give 10-15% discount for T-Bhp member.

How do they know you are a TBHP member ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arin_12 (Post 1388490)
Distance from Bangalore will be 250KM through Nagarhole. We was in week day and our trip had odd timing so not specific about the discount. But they give 10-15% discount for T-Bhp member.

i thought that T-Bhp member gets discounts in car Accessories shops only, but now Resorts too..:Shockked:

[quote=RP_812;1388565]
Quote:

Originally Posted by arin_12 (Post 1388490)

How do they know you are a TBHP member ?

You just need to say that you are a T-BHP member and the ID. He has computer with Internet connection. So he may verify. Mostly this goes on trust and believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore (Post 1388572)
i thought that T-Bhp member gets discounts in car Accessories shops only, but now Resorts too..:Shockked:

There are many resort and homestay where you get this facility. Check this thread...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ion-rates.html

Place looks great, arin_12. One more for me to consider while planning my next holiday, especially with the Team BHP discount:).

This is good indeed. Thanks to you and many others on this forum who post travelogues of places unknown and unseen by many people like me. It comes as a revealation of sorts and makes me want to continue journeying through the country building up a repository of memories and experiences that i can cherish for an entire lifetime, but still cant have enough of.

So much is missed and so much is wasted while we contemplate....

Cool snaps. By the water levels in Kabini I guess you have done the trip before the rains started lashing Wayanad, by now it should have started overflowing

On discount for Team BHP members, I had visited this place when they opened (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-wayanad.html ) and spoken to the resort owner (Capt Saju) and could get this deal for us. I along with couple of other BRPians with family had gone there a second time 2 months back. Verification of membership is more by trust (but have your IDs in case they want to verify)