Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2005, 00:16   #16
BHPian

these pictures bring back fond memories. have visited nandi hills often with friends. but the best time to reach there is at 5am in the morning!
Old 23rd June 2005, 01:01   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1
Hey...
The Petra seems to have 175/65/R14 Bridgestones...
What is recommended as a upgrade for tyres ?
you can go for 195/70/R14 ..
Old 23rd June 2005, 11:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
Would like to know places at about 100kms from Bangalore with good Highways to drive on.

Well there are many good places within driving distance from B'lore. You could go to Bandipur (over a weekend), or a day trip to Shivanasamudram, Sangam & Mekedatu, Hoggenekal and many more. I suggest go through the book Outlook Weekend which gives details of 52 weekend destinations.

Last edited by serious_maniac : 23rd June 2005 at 11:30.
Old 23rd June 2005, 12:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Coming to the question of weekend roundabouts in and around b'lore, there are plenty. many members have already listed some. I can also think of Chickamagalur, Mysore and Ooty/Conoor for the weekend. Also for those interested in wild life, there are places like Bandipur or Nagarahole for the weekend. People can drive to Honnemaradu near Shimoga also.

BTW, I was at Dharwad yesterday to attend my cousin's marriage. The very thought of getting out of Bangalore is a great one. I really liked Dharwad; because it looked like a real lazy city for me with people having lots of time for themselves. No body seemed to be in any hurry. Rush hour traffic consists of around 10 vehicles; that's it. Compare this to the maddening situation in Bangalore!
Old 24th June 2005, 15:44   #20
BHPian

another interesting place to check out is Wyanad. about 300km from bangalore.
Old 17th April 2006, 12:53   #21
BHPian

You can try out Yelagiri, a nearby (175KM from BLR) Hill Resort and a very good road to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
Hello all,
Would like to know places at about 100kms from Bangalore with good Highways to drive on.
I want to check my Car's (Petra petrol) FE on highways. Its giving 8-9 kmpl in bangalore city with 50% AC on. expecting at least 12km on highway as I got my vechile serviced yesterdey,
Car is showing just 1.2k only so want to visit places nearby to complete at least 7.5k in next two months.

My Office is very near to my home so only drive on weekends.

your comments please.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

u can also try madekeri for weekend ..around 300 from bangalore ..did it last weekend ..if u want to trek thadi-anda-mul ...u need one whole day ...but worth it ...we managed only half dude to not planning(we didnt carry any water)...also visit abbey falls

this how nandhi hills will be if u go early morning ..

Last edited by black12rr : 17th April 2006 at 14:29.
Old 17th April 2006, 14:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

hey nice pics ...even i have been going to nandi hills since the last 2 sundays...its a superb drive ....there are about 34 curves but nothing lik eteh amby valley road...still its a nice place ...

after 11am ,everyone starts pouring in ....and a lot of loud people ....so the best time to be there would be to go on weekdays or still if you prefer to go on a weekend ,be there by 6 am and leave by 10am ...

abt the monkeys ,wat do u say about them ...even when i standing next to my car ,a monkey jumped on my roof and when i tried to frighten it ,it jumped on my antenna and bent it ...and to add to it ...it **** on my bonnet on ran away ...hehe
Old 18th April 2006, 05:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore to Nandi Hills

Really Nice Pics,
I have had my first drive to Nandi Hills as well and had good time.
Let me post some of the pics for the same.
I had been to the same place twice after that, once with my friends and once with my parents when they were here.

While I went with friends, that was cool with beer and top of the hill; we reached there some 45 minutes before sunset and enjoyed the sunset as someone mentioned here in the thread.
We waited for dark and stayed back another hour and half - just four friends, beer and millions of stars in the sky, that was really awsome.
i'd recommend to enjoy the sunset and sunrise especially when you go to this place.
The road from the village where we take a left turn for Nandi Hills has now improved a lot compared to my first visit.
Its overall a real fun; I have also seen guys paragliding there and was searching for paragliding community in Bangalore who are visiting there regularly - I have read about paragliding at Nandi Hills but dont know whom to contact and how to learn flying (where I'd be spending most of the time next searching the PG community in Bangalore).
Let me know if anyone of you have any information about paragliding at Nandi Hills.

Old 18th April 2006, 11:40   #25
BHPian

Ketan,
Nice pics.....

I went to Nandi hill last year, I am again planning to visit Nandi Hill in this month end.
No Idea about paragliding info in Banagalore.

Its better if you can start a new thread with proper subject asking for information about it.

cheers
Old 6th August 2006, 12:55   #26
NIP
Senior - BHPian

nice pics !! we always end up on nandi hills in the middle of the night...must check it out in the daytime too !!
Old 7th August 2006, 11:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
nice pics !! we always end up on nandi hills in the middle of the night...must check it out in the daytime too !!
Always been there in day so next time planning to spend some time in the night.
Old 7th August 2006, 12:34   #28
BHPian

Stay??

The monkeys r a nuisance.. But the climb is good.. The place is really nice.. But u ve too many people comin on weekends as mentioned..Has anyone here stayed overnight at Nandi??
Old 7th August 2006, 13:48   #29
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by watfor
Has anyone here stayed overnight at Nandi??
I have... but that was a long time ago...
Old 24th July 2007, 15:44   #30
BHPian

Last Saturday( 21st July), I wanted to go out for a day for around 150km trip from Bangalore and was not sure where to go. Reason for this drive was to check my car on high speeds and see if wheel balancing/alignment done properly or not and to enjoy wild winds at some hill station. Options available were Horsley Hills and Nandi hills.
Finally thought of going to Nandi hill since the roads are good for doing high speed driving and its just 70Km from home as compared to 150km for horsley hills.
Had been to this place 3 times earlier
1. Went for the first time in Jun 2005 when I bought my Petra and started this thread.
2. went in Sept 2005 with my Bro-in-Law.
3. Again in July 2006 with my Parent-In Laws
So this was my 4th trip in last 2 years. First time when I went, My Son was just 8 months old and we had to carry him in a stroller. But now, since he is little grown up, He had started enjoying outdoor trips just like me and my wife. So we decided to take him to some place where he can enjoy nature and see wild monkeys
Started 8:00am in the morning from Arekere (Bannerghatta Road) and reached Hebbal circle at around 9.00am. The road "NH7" was a delight to drive on. there was no diversions except for a railway Crossing.
I wanted to check car for vibrations on high speeds as I had recently gone for wheel Balancing after some compliant of vibrations above speeds of 120 kmph. Looked for a empty section of the road and touched 175 kmph without any problem. Car was almost gliding on road without any vibrations. Did not press the pedal more as I was running on stock tyres and don’t want to take any risk.
Kept enjoying the drive on NH7 and somehow I lost the left turn to Nandi Hill and went ahead for next 5-6kms. May be because the road is now diverted out of devanhalli. I did not look for left turn. Anyway, I asked people for directions and took a left road from some village. The roads were very bad and I was really missing the straight road from NH7 to Nandi hill.
Finally reached the foothills and started driving up hills. There were a lot of couples and college groups on bikes who had come to visit Nandi hills. I stopped for a small photography session on the way and take my son who was asking me to take him for Shushu.
Some photos..

Picture taken on the way

My Son trying to have a glimpse

Finally reached on the top Nandi hill at 10.00am and parked the car, had breakfast in a new restaurant which has come up recently (I believe). this hotel also has staying options for Rs500 for night (double room). We enjoyed on the nandi hills for next 6 hrs and roamed all around the hills, As usual there were monkeys but this time they seems to be more civilized and were not scratching the parked cars anymore. I think its better that pics says the rest.

After reaching at the hill top

Clouds build up on bangalore

Walking on nandihill Rocks is fun

Rocking on...

Relaxing after getting tired of walking up and down the rocks.

Relaxing & Playing with son

Started driving back at 4.00pm for Home, It was very cloudy and as soon as we reached MG road, It started raining heavily.
The rain reminded me of 25th October 2005 rains when I was stuck for 5hrs on Bannerghatta Road.
I could see waterlog at many low lying places But By god grace, we somehow managed to reach home by 7.00pm without any hiccups. Overall the trip was good.
Cheers
GD

Last edited by greatDrive : 24th July 2007 at 15:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks