Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:59   #46
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Meghan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
I just meant that the pictures can appear unrealistic and not natural and maybe not like the eyes will capture the scene.
Pics were taken using a Canon EOS 400D camera using the kit 18-55mm lens for +2, 0 and -2 exposures and later processed using the DynamicPhotoHDR software.
This has opened up new techniques for me. Thanks Meghan. Will try capturing something this weekend and see how it looks!
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:07   #47
BHPian

Sawyer, nice narration and good photos accompanying it, the travelogue has shaped out beautiful. Continue doing the good work!
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:55   #48
BHPian

Lads,

My two pennies worth, possibly a dampener.
Had been with my folks this February, on the basis of talks with the developers there for checking out the residences.

The infrastructure is fine, possibly better than anywhere else in India and seems very well planned.

I took my Indica DLS and had no problem driving up and down from Bombay.

>However, at that time, it was hot and uncomfortable. It did not seem like a hill station ( reference hill stations in north India) at all.
>No residences ( flats/houses) were shown although a good marketing presentation was made to all invitees.
>The food served in their restaurant was good and tasty ( my personal view).

My conclusion is that

i. it is a nice getaway for people from Mumbai/Pune who can invest in a second ( or third, or nth) home there
ii. it can't be your main home ( and place of work) as touted because it is impractical logistically ( transportation of essential commodities and support staff will entail costs which will add to the cost of living); the developers say that the township will have a mixed population ( bada sahabs and their servants and drivers).

Let us see how it evolves...

Good for a days' outing.

Regards
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:15   #49
BHPian

Hi issi,

Whats the price quoted?
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:32   #50
BHPian

No prices were quoted, but it was obliquely pointed that it would be comparable to rates prevailing at that time ( Feb 2009) in the suburbs of Andheri W and Goregaon W.

Implied - discussing prices is unseemly when you are being shown independent India's first planned hill station ( I don't dispute that)...

IMHO it would work only as a weekend - office cum home, unless one is an artist who prefers to live life afar.
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:44   #51
BHPian

O WOW...

If you look at the pics before reading the post , it looks like a place abroad ( Yup , that is what I did)

Went back to read the post and realised it is a PLACE IN INDIA.

Very Very neat...great to see Indians building World Class building.

How long do you presume it will take to go down there from Bangalore doing a drive ?
24Hours ?

Most Viewed